Struggle at home, mother and home within

or1000

I’m started to realise my struggle at home and being in my mums environment, with it being Mother’s Day... and finding my identity away from it. You could say that I do strongly identify with my family. I’m not sure if this a cancer thing. no matter what, I continuously return to that place in myself at the end of the day with the same feeling I get when I’m around my mum. Instability, vulnerability with no protection. My mother’s home felt and still does feel like the outside world rather than home. That’s how I feel within also. I’m going to attach my chart. I get that this is probably neptune related, but I want to know how you guys see me as taking back my power.
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=84080&d=1580923890

Last edited:

Eric traveller

I’m started to realise my struggle at home and being in my mums environment, with it being Mother’s Day... and finding my identity away from it. You could say that I do strongly identify with my family. I’m not sure if this a cancer thing. no matter what, I continuously return to that place in myself at the end of the day with the same feeling I get when I’m around my mum. Instability, vulnerability with no protection. My mother’s home felt and still does feel like the outside world rather than home. That’s how I feel within also. I’m going to attach my chart. I get that this is probably neptune related, but I want to know how you guys see me as taking back my power.
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=84080&d=1580923890

I have the same, and similar situation with my Mom. I feel for you. I posted a similar thread in another section, so far nobody has responded. I feel that maybe I can help you out just at least with my sympathy and that I feel the same things, perhaps that you do. I have Neptune also in my 4th house...
And from what I hear it tends to make you overvalue the people in your family. Especially the Mother. And it makes it hard to see what's going on really. I see some difficult aspects with Saturn in your chart, a square with Neptune and opposition and another square. I'm also a Virgo ascendant, we have a lot in common, don't we? I also have that sagittarius-capricorn IC. *That means you had a cold Mother and the aspects don't really help already.
You can't change it just learn to work with it... And I'm learning to work with these difficult aspects also.
I know that didn't help, and probably wasn't what you were looking for... But I hope that when I'm offering my sympathies... that helps at least a little bit. I'm going through this too. I too, have issues with my Mother.

Maybe your Mother has escapist tendencies- and she's distant and not the best Mother although she claims to be, and you think so...and it's really hard to see this
Is that right? If so, that's the same case for me.

May you be well...and blessings to you. Just try and stay well, sharpen yourself and learn about yourself about WHO you are so that you can be healthy and move on.

Last edited:

Eric traveller

Everything I do it seems to cause drama with my family and particularly my Mother. I am a Leo with a Capricorn moon and a Mars in the fourth house with Neptune and Uranus. Directly across the fourth house, in the tenth I have Chiron and Lilith. It wasn't easy. It still is not. Everybodies situation is different...but I can still relate to you in some way, form or fashion
Most of sagitarius covers my IC but there's still some Cap there..and Cap governs my moon which tells me about Mother. I do not feel at home with her, I do not and have not felt warm with her, like you said.. you feel vulnerable and insecure all of the time, like something's not right. The biggest thing I have to do is check my anger in place, that's the seeming challenge of a lifetime.
But everything J say, even when I'm trying to just be kind and do the right thing, it just makes things worse.
Sometimes, you just gotta accept that there's a bad combination between you and your Mother. I know that's harsh, and nature should endow everybody with a loving Mother...but what else can I say??
Some families are not always loving as they should be, and warm & affectionate.