Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

C.t., have you checked out the Chart posted in the "Obsessed" thread in Natal? It's quite unusual , and all about Sagittarius.

It's still in the New Posts listing.

conspiracy theorist

I don't feel particularly lost. It probably helps that my chart ruler is on the ASC and my Moon is also not located in the 12th but the more down-to-earth 2nd house, unlike hers. Her chart is all mutable, but I at least have two personals in a cardinal and fixed sign.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Especially in modern astrology, the 12th house is dissolutive, of the unconscious and ineffable. It's seen as the mysterious house of Neptune. So someone who has a lot of planets there would have more porous psychic boundaries and a more pliable ego. Add the fact of the heavy mutability and you have the mother of all chameleons. How could someone know themselves when they can feel and absorb everything and everyone?

But this hasn't been my experience. I'm known for being unabashedly myself and will go my own way regardless what anyone thinks. I'm immune to peer pressure, and even if I try, I eventually become a "known" quantity in any environment I find myself in. One friend put it that I can't hide. Many people experience me as an extrovert where I don't feel I am that way at all.

In comparing myself to the poster in the obsessive thread, I have more grounding and pragmatic influences in my chart that she doesn't have. Where she's a raw nerve, I have more coating.

conspiracy theorist

One example of the difference: she has Venus/Mars closely conjunct the ascendant in Sag/fire. This is amorous, emotional, passionate, relational/sexual and artistic. Burning and being burned in love is sought out, this person needs to feel chemistry to feel alive. Jupiter is farther away, but in her case is close enough to make the Venus conjunct. Jupiter aspect strong. This adds the desire for social contact and living then "good life". I always see this as a kind of socialite aspect. This aspect can provide a softening influence on a chart.

I have Mars and Jupiter enclosing the ascendant. This is sportive, ambitious, competitive, aspirational, entrepreneurial. There is less need to merge with others or be affected by others, on the contrary the desire may be to the influencer than the influenced. Venus is also close to the ascendant but it's in Capricorn, which makes the love nature more pragmatic, less caring about messy romantic overtures, more interested in regulating the emotions. Venus in the case farther away from Jupiter and is no longer in the same side so the link is weaker.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Another major difference is the state of the Moon. Hers is in the 12th and is condensed together with the Sun, Mercury and Pluto. This is a lot of pressure on her Moon, and she's had threads on here where her candidness gave us a glimpse into how such an intense emotional MO manifests.

Mine is in Aquarius, away in the 2nd and having pleasing sextiles from Jupiter, Mars and Venus. This is a more even-keeled and practical moon, and provides a much needed counterbalance to 12th house planets. She has no such reprieve. I do have a Pluto square to the Moon, which ironically because the signs are Sag and Aqua, reinforce a tendency to emotional cut-off whenever I feel like someone is trying to encroach on personal/emotional space uninvited. Freedom at all costs (and to a fault)

david starling

Another major difference is the state of the Moon. Hers is in the 12th and is condensed together with the Sun, Mercury and Pluto. This is a lot of pressure on her Moon, and she's had threads on here where her candidness gave us a glimpse into how such an intense emotional MO manifests.

Mine is in Aquarius, away in the 2nd and having pleasing sextiles from Jupiter, Mars and Venus. This is a more even-keeled and practical moon, and provides a much needed counterbalance to 12th house planets. She has no such reprieve. I do have a Pluto square to the Moon, which ironically because the signs are Sag and Aqua, reinforce a tendency to emotional cut-off whenever I feel like someone is trying to encroach on personal/emotional space uninvited. Freedom at all costs (and to a fault)

Now eliminate the 12th by changing to Whole-sign houses, and it's all H1!

Also, Saturn in Pisces square Jupiter hasn't been given much attention.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Saturn square Jupiter isn't as glamorous as the rest of the other stuff, so it figures. It's the only square in her chart so it is very relevant. Pragmatism vs. Idealism, Gain vs. Loss, Risk vs. Caution. It's another count for ambivalence, and perhaps a source of anxiety.

david starling

Saturn square Jupiter isn't as glamorous as the rest of the other stuff, so it figures. It's the only square in her chart so it is very relevant. Pragmatism vs. Idealism, Gain vs. Loss, Risk vs. Caution. It's another count for ambivalence, and perhaps a source of anxiety.

All right, hypothetical marriage, you and love-thinking. What ends up happening?

AppLeo

I've noticed that a lot of 12th house people are famous. It's like the 12th house is an extra 11th house. That entire upper-left quadrant of the chart just means famous or prominent.