Human existence: the gender of God

petosiris

Banned
You didn’t read it correctly. I have only started reading it, I cannot give an uninformed opinion.

I have read many of the Dead Sea Scrolls, fromThe Nag Hamadi’s, from The Other Bible and other sources of ancient writing. The New Testement, is as at says, new.

It is not that you can't answer my question so that you don't give an opinion, but you haven't read either, and that is why you can't give an opinion.

I have talked with you, as has Waybread, as has Leomoon, as has David, and others. You are very firm in your beliefs. So are we. I do not come to an astrological site to debate Christianity, I am here to discuss the astrological content of ancient history and writings.

I have limited time to spend discussing things that pertain to what I do believe, that I don’t feel it necessary to repeatedly be drawn into, conversations that I have had with many others, and find inaccurate and limiting to learning ancient history.

You are not interested in having an argument over the nature of God as described in ancient history and writings.

What exactly draws you to an astrological site to discuss Christianity? Do you prefer to try and find sheep that are looking for it’s “way”?

You would probably find it more satisfying to talk to people on a Christian site, as most of us would prefer to explore the other writings uninhibited by hellfire and tribulation of a time that is past.

I have had many experiences with Christianity, most of them were unpleasant. The writings of the New Testament are nice stories, but I don’t enjoy talking ancient history with them, because they are incapable of doing it. It goes against their beliefs. Which is fine, but neither do I wish to waste my time debating it.

Back to reading, my style. Right now, mundane astrology, to discuss the ages, with David and Leomoon.

If I help people clear some of their misconceptions, then maybe they will have a second look at things.

I don't understand what you are saying by appealing to hellfire and tribulation. Having reward for good and bad deeds is a powerful persuasion to us, because it gives eternal consequences to our deeds and meaning to our lives. Your reading style is a bit slow. If you read the end of Ecclesiastes (or some of the hints as in Eccl. 3:11), you will see that the kohelet claims the same thing.

david starling

Some mentally ill adults need guardianship, therefore it is impossible to grow up.

You sound that ridiculous with your argument.

But, God TOLD him to sacrifice his son. Schizophrenia can develop later in life. Nothing "ridiculous" about it, unless you agree a mentally ill father should allowed to obey God's voice in his head.

petosiris

Banned
But, God TOLD him to sacrifice his son. Schizophrenia can develop later in life. Nothing "ridiculous" about it, unless you agree a mentally ill father should allowed to obey God's voice in his head.

You are judging health standards by ill standards, and no one does that. In fact in western courts you may even have different judgement for mentally ill people who do not understand their actions. The question is whether the mentally ill father is hearing God's voice or some other voice. I am quite certain that Abraham heard the voice of God and that schizophrenics who hear voices are not of God. Auditory hallucinations are longlasting and often tormenting.

The voice of God is often an ex nihilo sound wave, unlike the voice of the Holy Spirit who enters the person.

Last edited:

leomoon

It is dangerous, but we trust that God is good and has steadfast love, so that he wouldn't allow the sacrifice of Isaac, who is only a type of Christ, who was raised from the dead on the third day. See that there is reason to put ultimate trust in God.

Cuz "someone, somewhere, who knows where or when," says so. :w00t:

Its just a story. :unsure: There are many such fairy tales in Grimm Fairy Tales too.

petosiris

Banned

Its just a story. :unsure: There are many such fairy tales in Grimm Fairy Tales too.

No, it is because the apostles of Christ saw and touched his resurrected body, and were willing to be persecuted and even put to death for their testimony.

''And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.'' - 1 Cor. 15

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
You haven't read the Bible, because it doesn't seem to make sense to you, did I understand you correctly? What exactly doesn't make sense to you?

What exactly makes sense in Sepher Yetzirah - name me one thing. Even very young children understand the creation in Genesis.

You misuse my and other peoples words. That is out of context and you know it. No further need to answer.

Opal

Premium Member
It is not that you can't answer my question so that you don't give an opinion, but you haven't read either, and that is why you can't give an opinion.

You are not interested in having an argument over the nature of God as described in ancient history and writings.

If I help people clear some of their misconceptions, then maybe they will have a second look at things.

I don't understand what you are saying by appealing to hellfire and tribulation. Having reward for good and bad deeds is a powerful persuasion to us, because it gives eternal consequences to our deeds and meaning to our lives. Your reading style is a bit slow. If you read the end of Ecclesiastes (or some of the hints as in Eccl. 3:11), you will see that the kohelet claims the same thing.

Again you separate my words and misuse the obvious intent. You see, this is the kind of thing I am accustomed to with some religious sectors. I usually avoid discussion with groups that have a different intent. My intent is knowledge, I am not trying to persuade anyone to believe my political or religious thoughts. I am here to discuss the astrology of religion.

I am not interested in arguing at all. I am looking to discuss.

The usual threats that some religious groups use are represented by my use of the word hell fire and damnation. Good things happen to bad people. Bad things happen to good people. You can’t prove that there is a reward any more than someone can prove life after death.

Blind faith is an amazing tool.

I have been in many different religious buildings. Some are fabulous, some are creepy. Some religious people are commendable, others are creepy.

Religious belief is personal. I would prefer you cease making your wrongly placed assumptions on me. Stop misusing my quotes, and the meanings meant by them. Use yourself for an example, instead of people here. Your aggression is obvious.

I will finish reading Ecclesiastes when it is good for me, and not before. I do it for me, not for you, or for anyone else. I try to share what I learn without making a person feel afraid, or stupid. I like discussing just about anything with fair minded, knowledgeable people.

Opal

Premium Member
I was paraphrasing what you have said so far.

Paraphrasing isn’t necessary.

Read what I write, not what you change it to mean.

I am not the only person you do this to.

I am secure in my belief system, are not you?

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member

What was that movie that used The Wizard of Oz as a holy book? Mankind, is so needy and wanting. The most religious people seem to have the darkest pasts.

leomoon

No, it is because the apostles of Christ saw and touched his resurrected body, and were willing to be persecuted and even put to death for their testimony.

''And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.'' - 1 Cor. 15

Actually, I was not talking about the Resurrection of Jesus, but the idea that a father was prepared to take a knife and kill his beloved son. Reeks of "just a fairy tale" to me. Abraham & Isaac

Makes for a great short bedtime story too: :pouty:

https://www.bedtimeshortstories.com/abraham-and-isaac-story

I do however, believe what Jesus said and did. The NT, except for interpretations by others as to what means what and telling people how to think.

petosiris

Banned
Actually, I was not talking about the Resurrection of Jesus, but the idea that a father was prepared to take a knife and kill his beloved son. Reeks of "just a fairy tale" to me. Abraham & Isaac

Makes for a great short bedtime story too: :pouty:

https://www.bedtimeshortstories.com/abraham-and-isaac-story

I do however, believe what Jesus said and did. The NT, except for interpretations by others as to what means what and telling people how to think.

You believe that the Law with its letters and superscript dots in Matthew 5:18 is not the Law of Moses, but the law of karma. That does reek of a fable to me.

leomoon

What was that movie that used The Wizard of Oz as a holy book? Mankind, is so needy and wanting. The most religious people seem to have the darkest pasts.

Thats an interesting observation Opal. I have a wonderful young neighbor about 35, mom of 2 little children, a girl Ava age 5 and boy she named after the Bible patriarch Samuel (called Sammy) age 1. :innocent: :smile:

Her religions is absolutely everything to her, as dear almost, I'd say as her children are or her marriage is.

Its a wonderful life thus far for them, and I pray it continues to be so without tragedies entering.

She and I have had "religious discussions" before, for some reason, she wants to be near me a lot (until Covid 19 separated us)....much like a tender daughters I never had. BUT, she truly is dedicated to that religion and the beliefs she shares with "believers".

I have a beautiful old SS necklace of a large image of Jesus pendant with the crown of thorns I want to give her as soon as I can locate it. I tend to put things away that are special tome, (it was my mother's) ...and now I hid it so well......well, you know the rest of this story.:whistling: I'll find it, and she'll be happy I'm sure.

Shes so sweet and kind to everyone, that I'd never want to rock her boat and hope that fate never does either as it can for many and turn a life upside down when you question even your faith. Depends on the tragedies that befall you I suppose. :sideways:

I knew a woman from Georgia, the deep south only by virtue of her writing online about losing her daughter suddenly without warning.

She too, although much older takes her bible quite literally. Her daughter died? under questionable means. I tried to help her in the only way I knew how at the time - to help find her daughter's body.
When one loses a child and cannot know where the body is, its the worse case because there is always an open question, no conclusion. Did the husband do this? Did she have a b.f. on the side? Was it suicide?

Sadly, I cannot even with so many charts, tell her for sure. I only see she's gone forever.

But I did advance the idea of going inside, (as Jesus told everyone to do), not outside - but "in"....and perhaps her dreams will reveal what happened to her. She did and had many dreams which were helpful.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/col...-wife-kelli-cribbs-abad-still-missing-n942441

leomoon

You believe that the Law with its letters and superscript dots in Matthew 5:18 is not the Law of Moses, but the law of karma. That does reek of a fable to me.

I've already addressed this earlier. Look for the post that I posted for the answer when last time you challenged me....

For those who don't know this passage: Nothing here speaks of Moses btw.

Matthew 5:18 18For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

petosiris

Banned
I've already addressed this earlier. Look for the post that I posted for the answer when last time you challenged me....

For those who don't know this passage: Nothing here speaks of Moses btw.

Matthew 5:18 18For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Actually, it does in the previous verse...

petosiris

Banned
''Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.'' - Matthew 5:17 - that is, he is not going to abolish the Torah and the section in the Tanakh called Neviim or the Prophets. In another place he refers to the Psalms which prophesied of him separately, which are traditionally in the third section called Ketuvim or Writings.

Just to explain, in the old Hebrew manuscripts which lacked vowel dotting and punctuation, there were certain dots placed at some places and diligently copied by the Jewish scribes, whose meaning was later debated among the Rabbis as having some mystical significance.