Human existence: the gender of God

petosiris

Banned
Do you believe in the precession of the equinox's? Or is the creation myth your truth?

The precession of the constellations is an observable astronomical phenomenon for at least 2000 years. I have no way of verifying whether it was active at creation or before the flood, but I do not see why not, since they glorify the ages of God. Why do you think creation is a myth?

david starling

The precession of the constellations is an observable astronomical phenomenon for at least 2000 years. I have no way of verifying whether it was active at creation or before the flood, but I do not see why not, since they glorify the ages of God. Why do you think creation is a myth?

Why would God be so emotionally insecure as to need to be glorified?

Opal

Premium Member

As written, in The Bible, it makes not sense to me. Other writings do make sense.

There is too much blind faith involved, it just doesn't work for me.

petosiris

Banned
Do you restrict your reading to The Bible, or are other theologies of any interest to you?

''Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.'' - Philippians 4:8

I do not restrict my reading to the Bible, but I try to restrict my theology to the Bible. The theology of the Bible is most simple of all. There is only one God - the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.

There is much more to the Bible than this theology. You have the origin of the universe, planets, stars, plants, animals, humans, death, sin, clothing, languages, nations, the history of the Israelites, the divine Law, books of wisdom and poetry, the Psalms of David with which we worship, the prophecies of the four kingdoms, the promises of the messianic age etc.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Why would God be so emotionally insecure as to need to be glorified?

God is not insecure and doesn't need anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything - Acts 17:25. But you perhaps may reject to give glory to God as if by hating your existence. Don't worry, there is a warm place for you. :smile:

petosiris

Banned
As written, in The Bible, it makes not sense to me. Other writings do make sense.

There is too much blind faith involved, it just doesn't work for me.

You haven't read the Bible, because it doesn't seem to make sense to you, did I understand you correctly? What exactly doesn't make sense to you?

What exactly makes sense in Sepher Yetzirah - name me one thing. Even very young children understand the creation in Genesis.

Last edited:

david starling

God is not insecure and doesn't need anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything - Acts 17:25. But you perhaps may reject to give glory to God as if by hating your existence. Don't worry, there is a warm place for you. :smile:

Since God determines what happens after death, and doesn't require glorification, there's no penalty for not glorifying God.

petosiris

Banned
Since God determines what happens after death, and doesn't require glorification, there's no penalty for not glorifying God.

If you are not glorifying the God, you are glorifying something else and you are an idolater. For it is impossible for anyone alive not to glorify something. There is penalty for idolatry.

''For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.'' - Romans 1 ESV

Last edited:

david starling

If you are not glorifying the God, you are glorifying something else and you are an idolater. For it is impossible for anyone alive not to glorify something. There is penalty for idolatry.

''For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.'' - Romans 1 ESV

Define "glorify".

Opal

Premium Member
You haven't read the Bible, because it doesn't seem to make sense to you, did I understand you correctly? What exactly doesn't make sense to you?

What exactly makes sense in Sepher Yetzirah - name me one thing. Even very young children understand the creation in Genesis.

You didn’t read it correctly. I have only started reading it, I cannot give an uninformed opinion.

I have read many of the Dead Sea Scrolls, fromThe Nag Hamadi’s, from The Other Bible and other sources of ancient writing. The New Testement, is as at says, new.

I have talked with you, as has Waybread, as has Leomoon, as has David, and others. You are very firm in your beliefs. So are we. I do not come to an astrological site to debate Christianity, I am here to discuss the astrological content of ancient history and writings.

I have limited time to spend discussing things that pertain to what I do believe, that I don’t feel it necessary to repeatedly be drawn into, conversations that I have had with many others, and find inaccurate and limiting to learning ancient history.

What exactly draws you to an astrological site to discuss Christianity? Do you prefer to try and find sheep that are looking for it’s “way”?

You would probably find it more satisfying to talk to people on a Christian site, as most of us would prefer to explore the other writings uninhibited by hellfire and tribulation of a time that is past.

I have had many experiences with Christianity, most of them were unpleasant. The writings of the New Testament are nice stories, but I don’t enjoy talking ancient history with them, because they are incapable of doing it. It goes against their beliefs. Which is fine, but neither do I wish to waste my time debating it.

Back to reading, my style. Right now, mundane astrology, to discuss the ages, with David and Leomoon.