If I have Sun in 12th house as an apex planet of my Yod.....

IleneK

Premium Member
.... should I strengthen or dissolve the ego in order to solve the puzzle of my Yod?

Thanks.

There is no puzzle to solve or any particular drama with such a placement. All the planets in a yod do not relate to each other or understand each other well, since the each of the planets in the configuration are either one or five signs apart, which is referred to as inconjunct.
That means they do not see eye to eye; don’t get each other.
So your job is to learn about the meaning of each of the planets and try to bring your awareness to seeing how they do, in fact, fail to work together effectively in your life. And then begin working on reframing your habitual behaviors surrounding them.
This is good quality life work in which to engage yourself.
Enjoy!
Best wishes,

Lin

Well, the sextile is knowable and useful. the sextile is THE most useful aspect. That is why astrologers usually agree that the way to handle the YOD is to utilize the sextile in the most intelligent way possible. You really have to get to KNOW that sextile as well as the rest of your chart to manage the Yod.
LIN

helike13

Well, the sextile is knowable and useful. the sextile is THE most useful aspect. That is why astrologers usually agree that the way to handle the YOD is to utilize the sextile in the most intelligent way possible. You really have to get to KNOW that sextile as well as the rest of your chart to manage the Yod.
LIN

Hi Lin!

Actually the sextiles where I suffer and I can't achieve any tangible results whatever I do and maybe my Yod wants to teach me to give up (12th house) on the sextiles and concentrate on some other aspects of my life.

Ordinary 35 years old people have had numerous sexual partners maybe have family while I'm still planning to lose my virginity at 35. The sextiles are 5th and 7th house Mars/Saturn in Scorpio and Jupiter in Capricorn on DSC. All retrogrades since Sun/Venus are on the apex in 12th house Gemini.

Lin

Your original post was not specific. I could look at your natal chart and then I would possibly be more able to answer your questions about your Yod and the other things you seem to be anxious about.

Do you have a social life or do you live in an area where there is little social life. What types of activities do you enjoy (activities or hobbies?)

If you have heard of Julia Child (the world renowned chef and master of French cooking) it may interest you to know that she also was a "late bloomer" romantically and sexually.Comparing yourself to others is fruitless.

If there is an issue with your libido or self image or other issues keeping you from becoming sexually active, your chart will show it.

So please post it, ok? :wink:

LIN

helike13

Hi Lin

So please post it, ok?

My chart is almost eaten up by the Yod so it's a main theme of my life.

bf39e2db2b6ec8ec6dbecf8c8213abc2.jpg

The sextiles and their house position are the difficulty of my Yod where things simply don't want to manifest in a way it should. I should find a way to unlock them but I don't have any clue...

I got constantly rejected and'friendzoned' by women in my entire life....

Osamenor

Staff member
.... should I strengthen or dissolve the ego in order to solve the puzzle of my Yod?

Thanks.

Is your ego strong already?

If not, it needs strengthening.

If your ego is so strong that it's a problem, that's when you would need to dissolve it. But people with the problem of too much ego don't come to astrology forums and ask questions about themselves. They don't think they need any kind of self improvement. That you're asking that question in the first place shows that if anything, you need ego strengthening. Too much ego dissolution would be detrimental to you.

That doesn't mean you can't do things like meditation that takes you away from your ego. If you're inclined to that sort of practice, it's fine to do it, but think of it as playing with your ego, taking it less seriously, rather than getting rid of it.

Yods point to potential trouble spots, which must be well integrated and well functioning in order for the whole yod to function well. While Sun does include ego, it's not necessarily a too much ego problem. It can just as easily be too little ego. Based on your chart, if you have an ego problem, it's much more likely to be too little than too much. The key is balancing it.

Sun conjunct Venus suggests an openness and receptivity to others, a desire to give, to make others comfortable. Cancer rising with Cancer Moon, right on the ascendant, is likely to provide more of that impulse, Cancer being a natural nurturer. Sun in the 12th house suggests self expansiveness--but some 12th house sun folks expand themselves at the expense of themselves. It might play out as a tendency to disregard your own needs and desires in favor of giving to others, to consider it selfish to have needs and desires. The 12th house brings a desire to let go and let flow, be one with the universe. Whether you consistently experience it in that particular way or not, something of that impulse is likely to be in you.

But for a yod to function well, every planet in it has to be functioning well. The first leg of your Sun yod is your Saturn/Mars conjunction, which is the part of you that establishes boundaries and stands up for yourself when necessary. In order to have healthy Sun development--balanced ego, neither too little nor too much--you have to have good boundaries and defend them when defending your boundaries is called for.

helike13

@Osamenor:

Maybe my Yod wants me to 'lower my expectations and standards' set by my ego with women and accept the options what's available.

Osamenor

Staff member
@Osamenor:

Maybe my Yod wants me to 'lower my expectations and standards' set by my ego with women and accept the options what's available.

Your yod is not about your relationship with women. It's about your life as a whole. Love life is only one of many parts of your life as a whole.

If you reduce your whole life to relationships with women, you're missing everything else.

But considering that the legs of this yod include your seventh house ruler and a planet at your DC, it's possible that your integration of Sun, or lack thereof, manifests as dissatisfaction with those relationships.

In general, a quincunx is a false dichotomy, but a dichotomy that seems very real to the native. Planets in quincunx tend to manifest as a deep seated belief that whatever they represent is an either/or choice. An article I read about quincunxes gave an example of a man who had a Venus/Moon quincunx, and he deeply believed that being married was incompatible with his sexuality (although he was straight). In his mind, his wife had to be the kind of woman he respected but couldn't be very sexual with (just perfunctory sex, nothing more), and he kept having affairs with other women who he felt he could treat as sexual beings, because he wasn't married to them.

Another example was a woman with that quincunx who had a husband and children and deeply believed that she had to choose one over the other: she could be a good wife or a good mother, but not both at once.

I can't tell you how exactly how your yod works for you--only you know that--but my guess is there's something about being yourself (Sun) that seems incompatible with having a couple relationship (Saturn and Jupiter--which are not relationship planets in and of themselves, but in your case they are because Saturn rules your DC and Jupiter is conjunct it).

Last edited:

helike13

Yes, and the other leg of the Yod Mars-Saturn in 5th in Scorpio. Sexual planet (Mars) in sexual sign and house.

I understand that quincunx is a false reality what the native thinks it's real but it's not. Actually I do have many ideas which I maybe mistaken especially about love/attraction/relationships. I'm conscious enough about myself that I can admit that some of my ideas and concepts about attraction/sexuality perhaps are at fault :D

But these ideologies aren't 'either/or' nature.

helike13

Thanks.

Actually my Uranus is also singleton by element, fire = action. Usually I'm non-active but when I take any course of action it's radical.

My Uranus in the 6th prevents me to work a job. I'm 35 and have never worked a job. If I write a CV it would be empty :D

I've always tried to involve myself in some business (some are legal, some not really - Gemini/Mercury) with very little success. I simply couldn't grow up to maintain a steady source of income.

Thanks.

It's been awhile, but here goes.

I have my sun in 12th House cancer with Leo ascendant (Uranus and Mercury conjunct As). My sun is the apex of a yod with Chiron in 7th House Aquarius and Saturn conjunct vertex less than 1 degree in 5th house Sagg. Before my first Saturn Return, my family life was a living hell, and it wasn't improving. When transit Saturn came within 4 degrees of my natal Saturn/Vertex, transiting Uranus was sitting right on top of my Saturn/Vertex and my Yod was triggered.
I coded from an accident and had a NDE. My life fell apart and it took about seven years to end the grieving and reconstruct of my life. I felt like a ghost for a couple of years. During the NDE, I deconstructed and my ego "drowned.". Afterwards, I went from being a graphic artist to a medical reporter, then medical textbook editor, and beyond.

I've recently finished a book about the NDE and those seven years. Now, with transit Saturn on top of Chiron in that Yod, I'm questioning my decision to publish, like will it hurt anyone? Will my father be upset?

I was told by a late internationally known astrologer that when certain planets touch upon a yod, it a point of fate, something that could not be stopped. Something not chosen and under no control from me; a life's work.

I think that is why I think the nagging, the obsession, I've experienced for the past four years to write and publish the book is so strong, and transit Saturn sitting on my Chiron is trying to tell me I will not only fail, I will hurt
others in the process. However, the transit will pass and Chiron is the healer as well as the injured.

However, my AS, Uranus and Mercury are trine MY MC/Mars/NN in 10th House Aries. So, my instincts are telling me to go ahead and publish.

I'm interested how your yod has effected your life.

helike13

I'm glad to hear a positive Yod story. For me my Uranus opposition is getting close and it will definitely set the whole thing off.

Have you recovered fully from the accident?

I have for the most part, but it has not been easy.

It has taught me a lot about examining myself and my motivations. What was really stressed to me was that you work on problems that develop in a relationship to heal the relationship, but if you cannot, and you can't do it alone, you move on with no guilt. Just move on. This was important for me to realize because I came from a generationally abusive family.

Last edited:

Genius333

Hi Lin!

Actually the sextiles where I suffer and I can't achieve any tangible results whatever I do and maybe my Yod wants to teach me to give up (12th house) on the sextiles and concentrate on some other aspects of my life.

Ordinary 35 years old people have had numerous sexual partners maybe have family while I'm still planning to lose my virginity at 35. The sextiles are 5th and 7th house Mars/Saturn in Scorpio and Jupiter in Capricorn on DSC. All retrogrades since Sun/Venus are on the apex in 12th house Gemini.
Are you a mirror? Opposite in nature? Lol... Yod: Same Sun apex in 12th house Gem, but with Pluto in 5th Scorpio and Neptune in 7th Capricorn. I have Mars in Pisces too.... soooo... too gentle for the league! My life until now could've easily been the script of an entire trilogy. I almost died five times in what we could call hellish and auspicious circumstances... each time saved by miraculous unknown powers. I was ready to leave home at age 13. Left at 16 as far as I could. My parents divorced 3 months later... DAH! Not surprised. I studied a lot... in too many opposite fields. Changed jobs at least 20 times... as my strong morals and values are always a huge clash with ego bossy people. Integrity is the key... well at least for me, and I won't bent over misplaced pride and selfishness. Anyways... I don't want to get to intimate around here (still working on that aspect :D). Transits have been hard on me lately, for too long lol, and I was doing research as usual around my eternal quest for [r]evolution, and I was led right here! I will turn 35 in May and I am a she. Thanks for sharing! And it was also very interesting to read the great answers others gave you! Much love <3

Lin

I don't think this poster is here anymore....at least as of today....Mar 31.
I can't see the chart anymore....
LIN