Why do people act like Libras are weak?

craft94

Not only are we exalted by Saturn but we're ruled by the planet Venus.

Venus is deadly. In fact, scientists say it's the most deadly planet in the solar system.

Clouds of sulpher, mountains of lava..the air is unbreathable, the atmosphere will crush you

It used to be very much like Earth but now looks much more like Hell...:devil: there's a reason Satan was named after this planet, I'm sure. Lucifer used to be God's favorite angel, so the myth says.

In short, Venus is the most metal planet in the Solar System.

450 degrees celsius though so Venus is still pretty hot ;)

Last edited:

sylph

In all seriousness, I agree; I think people have this bizarre misconception about Virgos (that we're weak) even more so than Libras, but I'm sure you've had to deal with the same kind of **** that we Virgos have to deal with.

Even some people who are supposedly into astrology don't write about Libra as if it's a cardinal sign.

Edit: um I didn't know that c*ap would be considered a bad word.. but yeah

AppLeo

If we're going to judge how strong a sign is by planet rulership then Leo automatically wins.

The sun is the biggest, grandest, and hottest in our solar system.

sylph

If we're going to judge how strong a sign is by planet rulership then Leo automatically wins.

The sun is the biggest, grandest, and hottest in our solar system.

wahhh I was afraid someone was going to say this.. and I thought that someone would be YOU :sad:

I'm jelly of Leos, I want to be like dem :crying:

craft94

In all seriousness, I agree; I think people have this bizarre misconception about Virgos (that we're weak) even more so than Libras, but I'm sure you've had to deal with the same kind of **** that we Virgos have to deal with.

Even some people who are supposedly into astrology don't write about Libra as if it's a cardinal sign.

Sometimes they don't even write about us as if we were an air sign

Instead of focusing on our mind, it's always beauty, beauty, beauty this, romance, romance, romance that, you'd think we were an earth (physical - beauty) or water (emotions - romance) sign. Don't get me wrong, I like beautiful things as much as the next person and I have a lot of water in my chart so of course I'm romantic but they make us sound as if pleasing other people is our only good quality. I think they're trying to keep us down because they know how powerful we could be if only we weren't so down on ourselves and they fear it.

Same thing with Virgo's. I've noticed it with you guys too. Like I said in my other thread, it's supposedly the sign of "service" so people kind of think of Virgos as people-pleasers too. In a way Virgo's have it worse; Virgos don't even exist to be looked at, Virgos exist so they can clean for you.

Signism. Fight the power.

Last edited:

craft94

Edit: um I didn't know that c*ap would be considered a bad word.. but yeah

Even p*orn is considered a bad word yet nigger isn't. (note: the n word isn't even something I say irl, I just wanted to prove that it's true)

Now here's what happens when I type in the other word: ****

AppLeo

wahhh I was afraid someone was going to say this.. and I thought that someone would be YOU :sad:

I'm jelly of Leos, I want to be like dem :crying:

You thought it would be me? :lol:

I know right; it's great to be me.

But in all seriousness, Libra is a strong sign. I think all signs are strong, but there are always weak people out there.

There are weak Libras, but also strong ones. I think Libra is seen as weak because it's relationship dependent. Power is lost when you're constantly putting energy in a relationship.

sylph

Virgos don't even exist to be looked at, Virgos exist so they can clean for you.

omg stop. this is the best thing ever. it's pretty much exactly how we're portrayed in cookbook astro. but irl, I get mixed reactions with this: some people think I'm too "OCD" about cleanliness and such; others think, since I have this energy about me, I should have MORE work to do. And they know if they make a mess, I will clean it up because I can't stand it. I guess this makes me sound pretty weak hahah

craft94

You thought it would be me? :lol:

I know right; it's great to be me.

But in all seriousness, Libra is a strong sign. I think all signs are strong, but there are always weak people out there.

There are weak Libras, but also strong ones. I think Libra is seen as weak because it's relationship dependent. Power is lost when you're constantly putting energy in a relationship.

But to quote Ayn Rand: "You can't say I love you without first saying I."

In all seriousness, I think that's a great quote.

craft94

omg stop. this is the best thing ever. it's pretty much exactly how we're portrayed in cookbook astro. but irl, I get mixed reactions with this: some people think I'm too "OCD" about cleanliness and such; others think, since I have this energy about me, I should have MORE work to do. And they know if they make a mess, I will clean it up because I can't stand it. I guess this makes me sound pretty weak hahah

It actually makes you strong though. Think about it; they're the ones who are relying on you: you have the power. Someone wants you to clean for them? Deliberately make a mess. Someone wants you to cook for them? Poison their food. Easy.

AppLeo

Libra is downplayed sometimes, but Libra stands for something very important.

It stands for clear, logical, level-headed, objective laws.

Libra sounds a lot like liberty or librarian...both great words to be associated with.

Lady Liberty has to be a Libra. Beautiful yet objective.

--

And Virgos are great too. I think Virgos don't mind if they are in the background. Although I may be a Leo, with my Virgo Moon, I often find myself working behind the scenes and taking comfort not being in the limelight. I like the idea of being a skillful, detailed server.

No one understands how great it is to have a Virgo around you until the Virgo is gone.

sylph

It actually makes you strong though. Think about it; they're the ones who are relying on you: you have the power. Someone wants you to clean for them? Deliberately make a mess. Someone wants you to cook for them? Poison their food. Easy.

In all seriousness, I don't have the balls to do stuff like that :sad:

but I agree that I have all the power; when I left my whiney Leo stellium guy, who made fun of me for being so "OCD," he kept trying to get me back and I just sat there and laugheddddd at his whimpering messages

craft94

Libras are top whores

I just remembered I forgot to send you the twerking video I promised I would...sorry about that :/ I do plan on it but I need to get someone to video tape me first, and then I have to upload it onto the computer, etc. etc. And I've been really busy

Last edited:

sylph

Sometimes they don't even write about us as if we were an air sign

Instead of focusing on our mind, it's always beauty, beauty, beauty this, romance, romance, romance that, you'd think we were an earth (physical - beauty) or water (emotions - romance) sign. Don't get me wrong, I like beautiful things as much as the next person and I have a lot of water in my chart so of course I'm romantic but they make us sound as if pleasing other people is our only good quality. I think they're trying to keep us down because they know how powerful we could be if only we weren't so down on ourselves and they fear it.

Clearly this is why there is such a push for either Taurus or Libra to have a different ruler; starting with the archaic writings, there have been so many comparisons between the two signs despite them being absolutely opposed in mode & element. Like, both are considered lazy and excessively sensually indulgent.

I don't actually believe that either one is lazy (despite having seen both become this way at times, but who doesn't?)

I will say that I think Venus itself can have a lazy energy though. And I believe this manifests in different ways depending on its sign, house placement and aspects.

Taurus is constantly combatting entropy, deteoriation and decay; it takes a hell of a lot of work to maintain stuff in this world, since everything is headed toward destruction. Taurus is the force that works against this and keeps things in pristine, vital and beautiful condition. Unlike Scorp, which is totally dArKnDaNgeRous ... so ******* hot omg

Libra's lack of laziness strikes me as coming from their cardinal mode more than anything else. Maybe once they get the ball rolling, they feel like it's alright to rest, but they're usually not down for long. This is where I feel a connection to Libras, because I find that they have the same sort of perfectionism and need for work as Virgos do. When you're trying to make things better, which I think a lot of Libras are, there's always some task or some THING that you can do. The cardinal air energy pushes Libra to take action. They think about what they can do to improve upon things, and then they do it.

craft94

As a fixed earth sign, I think Taurus is actually really hard working when they want to be.

I'm not a Linda Goodman fan necessarily (I'm not not a fan either) but I picked up a sun sign book she wrote at Savers for a dollar and some of her descriptions of Libra were spot on. She wrote that Libras go to extremes in attempt to balance themselves; they're either extremely lazy or extremely hard working with no in between - I'm not talking about different Libras but the same Libra. I think that's true for me. I don't know. "Lazy" isn't really something I get called but sometimes when I get stressed out with stuff, I get stuck and don't want to do any of it.

I don't think Taurus and Libra should have different rulers but I think there's a lot of confusion between planets and signs. Most of this "sensual indulgence," and love for pretty things actually seems more Taurean to me. Taurus is the sign rooted in the physical world. Libra is more about ideas. Libra, to me, is the more relational side to Venus. Taurus isn't really as relationship-oriented as Libra is in my experience. Taurus can be very me-centered, like Aries and Gemini. With Libra I also see where Saturn's exaltation comes in because first and foremost, I see Libra as a sign of responsibility. Even if individual Libra Suns appear irresponsible, I think people are born under this sign so they can LEARN how to get along with others. With Taurus,!I can see the Moon's exaltation because it's about security - being a Taurus Moon makes sense to me because I find it hard to seperate the two.

Note: I'm not talking about myself when I compare the two signs because I have a Taurus Moon as well as a Libra Sun. I also have a Venus Jupiter conjunction which definitely makes me "sensually indulgent." I reward myself for doing mundane tasks. Another Libra friend, my birthday twin actually; also has this conjunction but in a different sign (Virgo) and she's also "sensually indulgent." Jupiter inflates Venus. I also think due to the Venus rulership, some Libras can be aesthetically inclined and some Taureans can be relational, but that's where I think their main focus is.

Last edited:

sylph

As a fixed earth sign, I think Taurus is actually really hard working when they want to be.

I'm not a Linda Goodman fan necessarily (I'm not not a fan either) but I picked up a sun sign book she wrote at Savers for a dollar and some of her descriptions of Libra were spot on. She wrote that Libras go to extremes in attempt to balance themselves; they're either extremely lazy or extremely hard working with no in between - I'm not talking about different Libras but the same Libra. I think that's true for me. I don't know. "Lazy" isn't really something I get called but sometimes when I get stressed out with stuff, I get stuck and don't want to do any of it.

I don't think Taurus and Libra should have different rulers but I think there's a lot of confusion between planets and signs. Most of this "sensual indulgence," and love for pretty things actually seems more Taurean to me. Taurus is the sign rooted in the physical world. Libra is more about ideas. Libra, to me, is the more relational side to Venus. Taurus isn't really as relationship-oriented as Libra is in my experience. Taurus can be very me-centered, like Aries and Gemini. With Libra I also see where Saturn's exaltation comes in because first and foremost, I see Libra as a sign of responsibility. Even if individual Libra Suns appear irresponsible, I think people are born under this sign so they can LEARN how to get along with others. With Taurus,!I can see the Moon's exaltation because it's about security - being a Taurus Moon makes sense to me because I find it hard to seperate the two.

Note: I'm not talking about myself when I compare the two signs because I have a Taurus Moon as well as a Libra Sun. I also have a Venus Jupiter conjunction which definitely makes me "sensually indulgent." I reward myself for doing mundane tasks. Another Libra friend, my birthday twin actually; also has this conjunction but in a different sign (Virgo) and she's also "sensually indulgent." Jupiter inflates Venus. I also think due to the Venus rulership, some Libras can be aesthetically inclined and some Taureans can be relational, but that's where I think their main focus is.

Yeah, I agree with all of this.

I don't even know why I'm making sweeping generalizations anyway (like "Libras think about things & then take action!") -- generalizing upsets my delicate Virgo nervous system lol. I was basically trying to say that the archaic comparisons between Taurus and Libra can be very off, and it seems that even the famed astrologers of those times contributed to the perception of Libra as "weak." If you're lazy and super sensually indulgent, then you might as well be considered "weak-willed."

I've seen a great deal of this in older medical astrology texts. When discussing the diseases of Libra and Taurus, the authors often cite overindulgence (in food/drink/sex) and lack of activity as causes. So like I initially said, I think this is due to the Venus rulership of both signs.