Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-27-2019, 03:16 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Does anyone know what issues this can cause? Has anyone got any experiences they can share with this?

I have Chiron in 8th house and it squares my moon and north node. Iím scared about getting too physically intimate with anyone. I wonder if itís Chiron. I donít know how to overcome this.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-27-2019, 04:32 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,588
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

It's also moon square north node, fear of emotional closeness.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 12-27-2019, 05:45 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
It's also moon square north node, fear of emotional closeness.
How does one overcome this or is Chiron something that will just cause me I healed pain forever?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 12-27-2019, 05:55 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Iíve checked my natal and the moon is conjunct my NN and moon square Chiron
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 12-28-2019, 06:30 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,787
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
How does one overcome this or is Chiron something that will just cause me I healed pain forever?
Chiron is the wound that you're always in the process of healing. You can get more healed, and will throughout your life if you're tuned into Chiron and working with it well, but there's so much healing to do that it's a lifelong process. A human lifespan, even a long one, doesn't contain enough time to become perfect--or perfectly healed and whole, either. The best you can do is come close.

That doesn't necessarily mean you'll never be comfortable with physical intimacy. Just that it's a process for you. There are many degrees of comfortable. If you're in the process of becoming comfortable with it, you could be more comfortable than you are now a year from now, and more comfortable still five years from now. But still with room for improvement.

It's also possible that your fear of physical intimacy is a stand in for something else. Have you looked at what might be driving this fear?

It doesn't sound like physical intimacy is something you just plain aren't interested in. Some people really are not, but if you were one of those people, it wouldn't bother you. That not being comfortable with physical intimacy does bother you is a sign that part of you does want it.

And the meaning of "physical intimacy" is very broad. Are you comfortable with hugs, at least with close people? Or not even that? Assuming you're talking about sex, is it a specific kind of sex that scares you? (I'm not asking you to describe that specific kind of sex, if there is one--just want to point out that sex can mean lots of different things, not just the "put tab A in slot B" definition, and for some people, the usual definition of sex just isn't their cup of tea. That says nothing about their actual level of desire for sex, and nothing about which gender(s) they're attracted to.)

The first step is to start at whatever level of physical intimacy you are comfortable with. And if there's something you're not comfortable with currently, keep it off the table. If you're working with your fear, what you're comfortable with might change over time. But don't force yourself into accepting anything you don't want at the moment.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 12-28-2019, 09:08 PM
FireLa FireLa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

I have Chiron in my 8th house, I have the same issue about intimacy. It happen right after I had my baby. I think you have point there, because I could not think why am I like that now.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-28-2019, 09:47 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireLa View Post
I have Chiron in my 8th house, I have the same issue about intimacy. It happen right after I had my baby. I think you have point there, because I could not think why am I like that now.
In your head what do you tell yourself? E.g. in my head I donít like my body so I tell myself I canít get too close to someone or naked etc so what is your reason? Interesting to know
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 12-28-2019, 09:50 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Chiron is the wound that you're always in the process of healing. You can get more healed, and will throughout your life if you're tuned into Chiron and working with it well, but there's so much healing to do that it's a lifelong process. A human lifespan, even a long one, doesn't contain enough time to become perfect--or perfectly healed and whole, either. The best you can do is come close.

That doesn't necessarily mean you'll never be comfortable with physical intimacy. Just that it's a process for you. There are many degrees of comfortable. If you're in the process of becoming comfortable with it, you could be more comfortable than you are now a year from now, and more comfortable still five years from now. But still with room for improvement.

It's also possible that your fear of physical intimacy is a stand in for something else. Have you looked at what might be driving this fear?

It doesn't sound like physical intimacy is something you just plain aren't interested in. Some people really are not, but if you were one of those people, it wouldn't bother you. That not being comfortable with physical intimacy does bother you is a sign that part of you does want it.

And the meaning of "physical intimacy" is very broad. Are you comfortable with hugs, at least with close people? Or not even that? Assuming you're talking about sex, is it a specific kind of sex that scares you? (I'm not asking you to describe that specific kind of sex, if there is one--just want to point out that sex can mean lots of different things, not just the "put tab A in slot B" definition, and for some people, the usual definition of sex just isn't their cup of tea. That says nothing about their actual level of desire for sex, and nothing about which gender(s) they're attracted to.)

The first step is to start at whatever level of physical intimacy you are comfortable with. And if there's something you're not comfortable with currently, keep it off the table. If you're working with your fear, what you're comfortable with might change over time. But don't force yourself into accepting anything you don't want at the moment.
Physical intimacy like getting naked and they seeing everything. Parts I hate about myself so why would anyone else like it. Hugs and touching is not a problem. Iím an affectionate person but then thereís a limit. The trouble is I donít feel Ďfreeí limiting myself like this. I want to feel free and not burdened by this.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-28-2019, 11:44 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,787
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Physical intimacy like getting naked and they seeing everything. Parts I hate about myself so why would anyone else like it. Hugs and touching is not a problem. Iím an affectionate person but then thereís a limit. The trouble is I donít feel Ďfreeí limiting myself like this. I want to feel free and not burdened by this.
That sounds like a body image problem, at its core. It doesn't sound like your deep down problem is fear of intimacy so much as it is hating your own body.

I know I've seen your chart before, but it isn't posted in this thread. Remind me, do you have anything in your second house? Opposed by Chiron, perhaps? Sometimes the Chiron wound is more visible in its opposition, if Chiron has one. The second house is where body image problems are most likely to be found. Taurus has some resonance with the second house, so placements there might also correlate, if you have any, although it depends on what house(s) are involved and what planets they are.

And what's going on with your Venus? Venus is both the relationship planet and the planet of self love. If you lack self love, it comes out in some kind of inability to relate to others. Venus's placement and aspects can shed some light on how those issues manifest for you.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 12-29-2019, 12:50 AM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
That sounds like a body image problem, at its core. It doesn't sound like your deep down problem is fear of intimacy so much as it is hating your own body.

I know I've seen your chart before, but it isn't posted in this thread. Remind me, do you have anything in your second house? Opposed by Chiron, perhaps? Sometimes the Chiron wound is more visible in its opposition, if Chiron has one. The second house is where body image problems are most likely to be found. Taurus has some resonance with the second house, so placements there might also correlate, if you have any, although it depends on what house(s) are involved and what planets they are.

And what's going on with your Venus? Venus is both the relationship planet and the planet of self love. If you lack self love, it comes out in some kind of inability to relate to others. Venus's placement and aspects can shed some light on how those issues manifest for you.
Chiron is in 8th houseTaurus. It squares my north node leo in 11th house which is where my moon is located too and Chiron squares the moon too.
Venus is in 3rd sag part of a stellium along with Neptune and mercury. The house is intercepted so Uranus is in Scorpio 3rd house.

Venus trines the moon and north node. Venus sextiles Jupiter and Saturn which is in 1st house libra. My rising is libra too.

Do you think that Chiron in this placement is not only an issue of poor self image/love and also real issues with the naked body or is it in my head?

Last edited by Hkk; 12-29-2019 at 12:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 12-29-2019, 12:51 AM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

There is nothing in my chart that opposes or squares Venus. Just double checked. Having Saturn in the first may be the cause as well as Chiron.

Last edited by Hkk; 12-29-2019 at 12:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 12-29-2019, 12:59 AM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Chiron biquintiles Jupiter and Saturn in the first. Looked at my chart to dig deeper and mars in 4th cap sun semi square Venus!

Last edited by Hkk; 12-29-2019 at 01:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 12-29-2019, 01:05 AM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Oh and sorry for all this info..... my Chiron is retrograde
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 12-29-2019, 01:45 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,787
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

As you can see, it's a complex issue, and everything in your chart may play a part in it. Chiron is just a magnifying glass amplifying certain details.

Between your Chiron placement and your second house, there's double testimony to body image issues and sexual issues being the same for you. Taurus is the body, and sense of security, and Taurus is in your eighth house of sexuality. With Chiron in it, suggesting some deep seated issues. Even if Chiron doesn't have any planet in direct opposition to it, the fact remains that the degree exactly opposite your Chiron is in Scorpio and the second house--which also indicates a combination of body/security/self esteem and sexuality.

That doesn't spell out what the issue is, but does tell us that if you have body image issues, your sexuality reflects it, and if there's an issue with your sexuality, it has to do with your self perception of your body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Do you think that Chiron in this placement is not only an issue of poor self image/love and also real issues with the naked body or is it in my head?
All issues with the naked body are in the native's head.

Even if you have a genuine physical deformity, that doesn't make you unloveable. People with physical deformities are loved by their partners every day. Including physical intimacy.

But most people who think their bodies look horrible are not deformed.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 12-29-2019, 02:36 AM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
As you can see, it's a complex issue, and everything in your chart may play a part in it. Chiron is just a magnifying glass amplifying certain details.

Between your Chiron placement and your second house, there's double testimony to body image issues and sexual issues being the same for you. Taurus is the body, and sense of security, and Taurus is in your eighth house of sexuality. With Chiron in it, suggesting some deep seated issues. Even if Chiron doesn't have any planet in direct opposition to it, the fact remains that the degree exactly opposite your Chiron is in Scorpio and the second house--which also indicates a combination of body/security/self esteem and sexuality.

That doesn't spell out what the issue is, but does tell us that if you have body image issues, your sexuality reflects it, and if there's an issue with your sexuality, it has to do with your self perception of your body.


All issues with the naked body are in the native's head.

Even if you have a genuine physical deformity, that doesn't make you unloveable. People with physical deformities are loved by their partners every day. Including physical intimacy.

But most people who think their bodies look horrible are not deformed.
Thank you for this Osamenor. I think your right. Even though I donít actually have any planets in my 2nd house itís reflecting to the 8th and vise versa. The image thing you mentioned before about Chiron and where healing is life long but can get better. I have improved with my feelings about my body but thereís still an issue.
I have no deformities. I just feel my naked body is ugly. When I wear clothes and dress up i feel I look good and feel good. Itís just revealing all for me is not comforting at all.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (01-01-2020)
  #16  
Unread 12-29-2019, 02:38 AM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Iíve had this issue since I was about 11 or 12 yrs old. When I reached puberty.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 12-29-2019, 04:47 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

It would be good to know what others experiences are with Chiron in the 8th if they are comfortable sharing as itís taken me TIME to talk about it on here let alone real life
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 12-29-2019, 05:05 PM
FireLa FireLa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
In your head what do you tell yourself? E.g. in my head I donít like my body so I tell myself I canít get too close to someone or naked etc so what is your reason? Interesting to know
I dont like my post baby body and I dislike my stomach. Even though I'm exercising and trying to lose weight, I still am not ready to get intimate and show my naked body
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 12-29-2019, 08:03 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireLa View Post
I dont like my post baby body and I dislike my stomach. Even though I'm exercising and trying to lose weight, I still am not ready to get intimate and show my naked body
Have you always felt like this or after Having the baby. Only ask as I thought Chiron is from childhood or the past. Maybe Iím wrong
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 12-30-2019, 11:25 PM
454VIP 454VIP is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 19
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

I feel the same way as you and funny because I have Chiron in Virgo not Taurus as you
And I have it with Venus in there and to make it worse Chiron and Venus are opposite to Saturn in the 2nd
I have so many fears is very difficult

Sending you positive vibes
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 12-30-2019, 11:40 PM
Kite's Avatar
Kite Kite is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tied to a string theory
Posts: 722
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Does anyone know what issues this can cause? Has anyone got any experiences they can share with this?

I have Chiron in 8th house and it squares my moon and north node. Iím scared about getting too physically intimate with anyone. I wonder if itís Chiron. I donít know how to overcome this.
Sounds like fear of exposure in general e.g. where is your chart? Are you afraid to expose yourself in that manner as well?
__________________
Simple ain't easy.
-----Thelonius Monk

Chart
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 12-30-2019, 11:51 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454VIP View Post
I feel the same way as you and funny because I have Chiron in Virgo not Taurus as you
And I have it with Venus in there and to make it worse Chiron and Venus are opposite to Saturn in the 2nd
I have so many fears is very difficult

Sending you positive vibes
Thank you 🙏 positive vibes right back at you 😍
What difficulties do you personally find you have. If your not comfortable you can pm me. It would be good to share this if anything but to just understand and see that we are not alone in this journey
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 12-30-2019, 11:53 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite View Post
Sounds like fear of exposure in general e.g. where is your chart? Are you afraid to expose yourself in that manner as well?
Iíve had my chart on here before but took it off for various reasons. Fear of exposure yes. I resonate. I thought 8th house wasnít sex but body parts which just got me confused. But it is intimacy right?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 12-31-2019, 12:06 AM
Kite's Avatar
Kite Kite is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tied to a string theory
Posts: 722
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Iíve had my chart on here before but took it off for various reasons. Fear of exposure yes. I resonate. I thought 8th house wasnít sex but body parts which just got me confused. But it is intimacy right?
The 8th house is one of the most misunderstood houses in astrology. Ask 10 astrologers to define the 8th house and you'll get 11 answers.

I think fear of exposure relates to Saturn --probably with a hard Mars aspect. But unless I can see your chart, I can only speculate. If you want to PM me your data, I can take a look at what's going on.
__________________
Simple ain't easy.
-----Thelonius Monk

Chart
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 12-31-2019, 12:07 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,787
Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
I thought 8th house wasnít sex but body parts which just got me confused. But it is intimacy right?
It's all of those, and more.

Every house rules certain body parts. The eighth gets the sexual ones. The eighth is also sex, sexuality, taboos in general, death, taxes, other people's money, shared resources, and a few other things.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chiron, house, intimacy, physical, scared

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.