Confused with Ketu: Good or Bad

Hello,

I am going through ketu sub period under saturn major period. I think ketu is not good in this period but I need expert opinion.

Here are my details:

Name: Sanjay Kumar
Date Of Birth: 04-Dec-1981
Time: 11:00 AM
Place: Jodhpur(Rajasthan-India)
Sex: Male

Actually I am planning to start my own business and I am getting nervous if ketu will bring it down. Ketu sub period is ending next year but I can't wait till then as I have already started research and I am in setup phase. Will be difficult to pause everything now and start again next year.

Could anyone help me if I should be worried? If yes, then can I do something to balance the ill-effects of ketu?

dr. farr

Our Vedic astrology experts here on AW will give you a more balanced response regarding Ketu (South Lunar Node) than I will-my outlook on Ketu is extreme, but I am convinced that Ketu represents chaos and difficulty and can never be regarded as a benefic; however, regarding any sub-period, remember that the quality of that sub-period is always modified by the underlying mahadasha, so if the mahadasha is +, the Ketu antardasha (bhukti) could be favorably modified.
However, as I said, my outlook re Ketu is extreme, so perhaps what our Vedic experts have to say regarding your question might be more favorable.

I thought ketu has bad effects but mostly on individual's health. As long as it doesn't affect my startup business, I am fine. But if it can make things wrong for my business, then I need some remedy...

Thanks all for your inputs but I am still looking for my answer. Whether ketu will have bad affect on my business or it impacts only my health and expenses??

R

rishimanglesh

Hi Sanjay,

Ketu is very good for your start up and it will you give speed, activity and energy required for starting new enterprise. It will also help you to find some past connections.

Ketu is with Venus in 1st house and your Saturn dasha is running. You should keep in mind that Ketu is karaka of "Tapah:". With Venus and Saturn, it signifies very hard work in order to achieve goals thus you should expect no results in Ketu bhukti and it will be just hard work to reap later on.

Thanks for the reply Rishi.

As long as I am able to keep it running; I am fine. However, "No results" is little tricky to understand. I am not looking for profits but I don't want my workers to be sitting idle either.. :) As long as there is some activity going on, I am good.

Jupit3r

@dr._farr I have ketu (south node) conjunct jupiter and pallas in my vedic chart 11th house. How would the benefic jupiter in 11th balance out with ketu?

Last edited:

dr. farr

@dr._farr I have ketu (south node) conjunct jupiter and pallas in my vedic chart 11th house. How would the benefic jupiter in 11th balance out with ketu?

In my opinion it would afflict Jupiter and be - for the 11th house; however, other factors would also have to be taken into account:
1) the over-all (net) condition of Jupiter (including its dignity state)
2) other factors impacting the 11th house, especially including the sarvashtakavarga bindu count for the 11th house

...if the above considerations are favorable, Ketu's influence could be minimalized; conversely if the above considerations are unfavorable, Ketu's influence could be "full on"...

Jupit3r

Jupiter is in Cancer which is exalted correct?

In my western chart Jupiter is sextile mars, Inconjunct uranus and trine the ascendant.

I'm not sure if it changes in the vedic chart

What is sarvashtakavarga bindu count?

So if jupiter turns out to be favorable, how should I relate to ketu and my past (life) ?

dr. farr

1) I use the Western (Tropical) zodiac even though I often apply Vedic techniques using it (see the tropical-vedic-astrology.net website)
2) If Jupiter is, in fact, in favorable condition, then the connection with the SN (Ketu) would reduce the favorable indications, but would not cancel them out
3) sarvashtakavarga is an application of the advanced Vedic analytical and predictive system called "ashtakavarga"
4) Ketu connection with Jupiter shows karmic debt related to Jupiter affinitive significations

Note: we are hijacking the OP's thread, though:crying:, so any further discussion regarding your chart, needs to done through a new thread you might wish to post.:biggrin:

R

rishimanglesh

Thanks for the reply Rishi.

As long as I am able to keep it running; I am fine. However, "No results" is little tricky to understand. I am not looking for profits but I don't want my workers to be sitting idle either.. :) As long as there is some activity going on, I am good.

Then, you will be good :)

Ketu is a spiritual planet and it's sub-period often leads to connection in the past, introspection and self-realization. Thus, it's dasha is often related to problems with the material world and things don't go usually as we plan to.

Also, it signifies contraction of material world thus Ketu is not related to business or political growth. You should go ahead with your plan but you should keep in mind that you might expect the unexpected and in process, you will learn your lessons which will remain with you all your life. The difficulties and teaching in Ketu sub-period will be foundation of your future success.

Thus, it is paramount that you plan your finances properly and be practical and realistic with your achievements in this period.

Without any doubt, there will be a lot of activity for sure :)