how do you read chart rulers in synastry?

kirlie

I believe that my girlfriend and I have a double whammy conjunction between our chart rulers. My chart ruler, Mercury is conjunct her chart ruler Venus in Pisces with a 3 degree orb. Her Mercury is conjunct my Venus in Aquarius with a 7 degree orb (I know its a bit wide). Also, her Pluto is in opposition to my Mercury.

My question is, how do you read interaction with chart rulers? Would it be similar to reading it with the Ascendant? So for example, the Mercury/Pluto opposition be similar to a Ascendant/Pluto opposition? Or would it just make for a more powerful Mercury/Pluto opposition? Also, when reading the aspects between chart rulers, would this just apply to my Mercury in my chart and her Venus in her chart? Or would the Venus become more important in my chart and the Mercury more important in her chart?

Thanks for your input!

Attachments

• Synastry chart.jpg
    Synastry chart.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 61
This is one of the nicest synastries I've see in a while. I feel chart rulers become less important in syanstry, in favour of planets conjunct each other Angles....

7' orb is to far, max is usually 3'

Vertex conj Asc
Moon conj Desc
Moon conj Asc
vertex conj Jupiter
sun (almost) con jupiter
now for the not so nice or challenges
pluto opp mercury
Moon conj Neptune - can be overidealised rose tinted glasses
sun square Neptune
Mars square venus - sexual by tad aggressive
Pluto square Mars

Both air Ascendants'
Aries and pisces sun's not usually great but the pisces sun and mercury in 5th house of Leo, this could suggest a 'drama queen'

You could have the best synastry in the world, but unless you have good communications, are honest with each other about your needs, wishes and desires and 'both' of you want the same things...........then nothing will happen. It cannot make anyone change, or love you more. Some challenging squares, oppositions in synastry can be healthy, and may require one or both of you to grow in some way. Astrological natal charts cannot explain environmental factors, financial handicaps/ restraints and what position you hold in society, neither can it tell you if you are of ‘Royalty’ or beggar.

I am of the belief that people come in and out of our lives for a reason, either we have to teach them something or we have to learn something from them. There is Always an exchange, good or bad.

Good luck with your journey

kirlie

This is one of the nicest synastries I've see in a while. I feel chart rulers become less important in syanstry, in favour of planets conjunct each other Angles....

Thanks! This is one of the nicest relationships that I’ve had too, lol. I’m much more emotionally engaged than I’ve ever been in a relationship before. We have a lot of moon aspects and I’m sure that’s why. So if you don’t use chart rulers in Synastry, how are they used in Natal charts? Or do you just consider them fairly insignificant?

7' orb is to far, max is usually 3'

sun (almost) con jupiter

I consider them conjunct. According to Astro.com they are at 3°34s. But most of all, they are felt in the relationship. I am her biggest cheerleader. She has mentioned to me that I really make her more confident because I am so positive and encouraging to her.

Moon conj Neptune - can be overidealised rose tinted glasses

Most of what I have read on this aspect is fairly positive. We have a
-0°54a Venus/Neptune square and I’m sure that makes a pretty unrealistic about each other. But most of what I’ve read about the Moon/Neptune aspect seemed pretty soft and nice. Cafeastrology for example considers this to be a positive aspect. But whatever the case, it does add a lot of romance to our relationship and I’m gonna enjoy it while I can. Reality will kick in soon enough, lol. :biggrin:
I'm finding that the more I get to know her, the more deeply I love her (quirks and all).

Mars square venus - sexual by tad aggressive

An adjustment was needed. :whistling:

Anyway, thanks for your input!

Last edited:

Susanne

Hi Kirlie,

I don't know if you are still interested in feedback on this, but your question caught my eye, because I have been wondering about the same. The case hasn't really been mentioned that much where I have looked, and the same aspect exists in the horoscopes of me and boyfriend:

Venus is the ruler of both my ascendant in Libra, and my sun sign, which is Taurus. It is placed in Gemini at 28.38 degrees. So of course this planet is really important in my horoscope.
My boyfriend has Mercury as ruler of his ascendant in Virgo, and also as ruler of his sun sign Gemini, and it is placed at 23.11 degrees Gemini. So the "double effect" of the ruler is also present in his horoscope.

His sun in Gemini is placed at 4.34 degrees, and conjunct with my Mercury at 6.51 degrees.

Concerning the chart ruler interaspects, I read something interesting in Stephen Arroyo's book Astrology, Karma & Transformation on page 247-8 in my edition. I have to translate it from danish, since that is the version I have :smile::
"A synastry factor which should be offered special attention to is the situation where to persons chart rulers (rulers of their ascendants) are related in an aspect. The exact aspect type is not that important, as the fact that there is a relation between two individually dominant orientations of life. (I have left some of the text out here) I always interpret an aspect between chart rulers as a sign of the fact, that these two persons most likely will have a relationship of extraordinary strenght and importance. They often have an extremely strong karmic bond between them, and the fact that such synastry factors are much rarer than the case where the one persons ascendant og descendant are placed in the same signs as the others birth planets, should make us pay special attention to the cases"
There is a bit more after this, but maybe you can find the text, the whole book is really interesting.

An aspect between chart rulers must be really important in my opinion, even though the fact isn't emphasized in any other book I have read.

The aspect between my ruler and my boyfriends is a bit wide, but the fact that they are placed in the same sign must be relevant as well. Maybe especially since the two planets are "double rulers" in both our horoscopes. I think the influence of the aspect is quite significant in our relationship, but I can't really be sure because of the conjunction between my Mercury and his sun in Gemini. I often feel "warmed" by his way of being, but I guess that is his sun warming my heavily aspected Mercury. But humour and communication is really important, and I feel that we understand each others way of thinking intuitively (in most cases :wink:), and that could very well be caused by the mercury-venus aspect.

I hope that this input is useful to you, and that you still are enjoying your relationship,

:biggrin: Susanne

Last edited:

kirlie

Thanks Susanne! Yes we are still together. We have a special connection that seems to really deepen with time. I have the book you mentioned. I'm going to have to dig it out and reread it.