Planets in the 8th house

lundan

I have moon, venus, and mars in the 8th house.
They are all in the sign cancer, however, does it make sense that I relate more to moon venus and mars in scorpio?

FROG

There is some similarity in interpretation, or experience between having 8th house planets and having planets in Scorpio, the 8th Sun Sign.

When interpreting the chart, the House refers to where in your life things are happening, while the sign describes, in what manner you express the house, or the planet in the house.

A Moon in the 8th, therefore, differs from a Moon in the 12th, due the difference in subject material/settings for the 8th and the 12th.

You may like to read on facebook about 8th house people. if you search for FB Groups beginning with Eighth House or 8th House, you may find other people's accounts of how they find the experience of 8th house planets. There may even be a sub-forum here for this topic.

Twelfth house relates to hidden, secret parts of your life, in a natal chart. It is the place in your chart where your pursuits are for the benefit of others, and not self, where the ego lets go, and melds to higher cause or where dominant organization which represses individual or ego centric pursuits. In the 8th, you get involved with people who are in groups that you or your partner may belong to. In the 12th, you have no connection to the people you help, other than the fact that you feel you must help, probably because of the suffering you become aware of.

Have I helped? Am I making myself clear? Have I said anything that conflicts with what you have learned elsewhere?

But the Eighth house, tends to the properties, assets, obligations of one's partner, one's community, one's country.

A Moon in the 8th, sign of Cancer, would say, "I feel good when I am conserving the assets of my partner, and my country. In fact, in general, I must feel good about this or I'm just plain no happy."

Having Moon, Venus and Mars in the 8th, places your ambitions, your emotional needs, and your values regarding relationships all in one soup pot, singing the same chorus - -- I must be dealing with the assets of my partner, my country etc, (Moon and Mars) and I am always motivated to do this to the point of being first, or being competitive about it (Mars), and I do this while always tending to the relationships I have with others, making certain others are 'with me' on this, and that I am who they seek for these matters (Venus, and Venus and Mars).

If these planets were in the 12th house, your emotional contentment would only be reached if you were doing something for the greater good, the higher cause, or in some remote or hidden place, like prison, or far away island, or even as a patient in a hospital, where so many individual choices are not yours. The cause is not always ethical, as in what others might agree is good., but it is 'moral', in that it suits what you think ought to the 'right', therefore you steal, or similar.

Does this help? Is it clear? Have I stated anything in conflict with what you have learned before?

dowhanawi

There is some similarity in interpretation, or experience between having 8th house planets and having planets in Scorpio, the 8th Sun Sign.

When interpreting the chart, the House refers to where in your life things are happening, while the sign describes, in what manner you express the house, or the planet in the house.

A Moon in the 8th, therefore, differs from a Moon in the 12th, due the difference in subject material/settings for the 8th and the 12th.

You may like to read on facebook about 8th house people. if you search for FB Groups beginning with Eighth House or 8th House, you may find other people's accounts of how they find the experience of 8th house planets. There may even be a sub-forum here for this topic.

Twelfth house relates to hidden, secret parts of your life, in a natal chart. It is the place in your chart where your pursuits are for the benefit of others, and not self, where the ego lets go, and melds to higher cause or where dominant organization which represses individual or ego centric pursuits. In the 8th, you get involved with people who are in groups that you or your partner may belong to. In the 12th, you have no connection to the people you help, other than the fact that you feel you must help, probably because of the suffering you become aware of.

Have I helped? Am I making myself clear? Have I said anything that conflicts with what you have learned elsewhere?

But the Eighth house, tends to the properties, assets, obligations of one's partner, one's community, one's country.

A Moon in the 8th, sign of Cancer, would say, "I feel good when I am conserving the assets of my partner, and my country. In fact, in general, I must feel good about this or I'm just plain no happy."

Having Moon, Venus and Mars in the 8th, places your ambitions, your emotional needs, and your values regarding relationships all in one soup pot, singing the same chorus - -- I must be dealing with the assets of my partner, my country etc, (Moon and Mars) and I am always motivated to do this to the point of being first, or being competitive about it (Mars), and I do this while always tending to the relationships I have with others, making certain others are 'with me' on this, and that I am who they seek for these matters (Venus, and Venus and Mars).

If these planets were in the 12th house, your emotional contentment would only be reached if you were doing something for the greater good, the higher cause, or in some remote or hidden place, like prison, or far away island, or even as a patient in a hospital, where so many individual choices are not yours. The cause is not always ethical, as in what others might agree is good., but it is 'moral', in that it suits what you think ought to the 'right', therefore you steal, or similar.

Does this help? Is it clear? Have I stated anything in conflict with what you have learned before?

Helped me :) (Venus and Saturn in cancer 12)

kimbermoon

If I might further add: what is often overlooked about the 8th H is it's connection to deep psychological factors, often affecting us from the past, which can serve to continue to haunt us and which are often not recognized on the conscious level. Here is the house of obsessions and psychological complexes that are often needing to be healed.

This should seem apparent since the natural sign of Scorpio is all about secret and hidden things, felt at the deepest level of the Soul. The working of the Scorpio energy is often about concealment and defense that serves to protect the psyche. Remember it's connection to deep emotional reactions, power and control; in our training here on earth we must learn about the 'right use of power and control'.
Remember also that we tend to experience many little deaths in our lives, not necessarily only physical ones.
I do think it plausible that you might feel more of a Scorpio influence, assuming you may also have Scorpio Rising, as I do. With my own Scorpio rising, I have a conjunction of Jupiter and the Sun in the 8th H Cancer, so I have spent much time contemplating that particular house. Don't limit yourself to only thinking of the House of Death; it is also about major transformational experiences that we encounter.

For a more detailed analysis you need to also consider what the 8th H planets aspects are and what houses they rule. More comments might be forthcoming if you posted your chart for viewing.