How to searching for future transit

roulotte

I would like to find the next time transiting venus will conjunct or trine my natal ascendant. is there a way to search for this on astrodienst, Time Passages (Standard edition), or another program? What is the term for this kind of research? Seems kind of like an ephemeris, but personal ... thank you!!!

Sunrise

I would like to find the next time transiting venus will conjunct or trine my natal ascendant. is there a way to search for this on astrodienst, Time Passages (Standard edition), or another program? What is the term for this kind of research? Seems kind of like an ephemeris, but personal ... thank you!!!
see here:

https://www.astro.com/tmpd/cuadfileyGPEbU-u1269110114/astro_d5eph_1970_1970.38625.117285.pdf

https://www.astro.com/tmpd/cuadfileyGPEbU-u1269110114/astro_d5eph_1970_1970.38860.127840.pdf

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

roulotte

Thanks for the links!!! Unfortunately that's not exactly what I'm looking for.

Hi Sunrise,
Thank you for this! I have not worked with an ephemeris yet. How do I use this to find the next occurrence of a specific planet in specific aspect to a specific planet/angle in my chart? Do I need to calculate the degree/sign the planet would be at? I don't know how to do that without a calculator; if you have a resource to learn that I would really appreciate it.

FREE ONLINE TRANSITS CALCULATION FOR ANY DATE :smile:
from
ASTROSEEK
at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/transit-chart-planetary-transits

Hi Jupiterasc, thanks for this!! However I'm looking for a calculator to search for the next occurrence of a specific transit. I am looking for a calculator/search feature that searches by transit, not the date. Do you know if this exists?

Thanks again folks!

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
As far as I know, there's no way to search for a specific transit without searching for it by date. However, with Venus transits, it's pretty easy to narrow down the date. Venus is always within 48 degrees of the sun, usually closer, and it takes a year, give or take up to a month or so, to transit the whole zodiac. That means Venus will always trine your ascendant twice a year, and it happens at the times of year when the sun is within one or two signs of where Venus has to be to trine your ascendant. Venus conjuncts your ascendant once a year, when the sun is within a sign or two of your ascendant.

For example, I have my ascendant at 3 degrees Capricorn. That means I get Venus trines to my ascendant when Venus has just entered Taurus and when it's just entered Virgo. So, if I were looking for my next Venus trine ascendant date, I would limit my search to the springtime/early summer or the late summer/early autumn, whichever is coming up soonest. I would also start by checking for Venus's current position, and also check to see if it goes retrograde anytime soon, because a retrograde changes how fast it moves. If I did all that today, I would know that the next Venus trine to my ascendant will happen in the middle of May (I actually already knew that because I heard a podcast about the upcoming transits, but if I didn't, that's how I'd find out). For Venus conjunct my ascendant, I know to look for winter or late fall dates, because that's when Venus can be in early Capricorn, with the most likely dates being in December and January.

Venus doesn't move more than one degree in a day. So, if you find a date when Venus is within a degree of trine or conjunction to your ascendant, that's going to be it.

Last edited:

kaktuzz

However I'm looking for a calculator to search for the next occurrence of a specific transit. I am looking for a calculator/search feature that searches by transit, not the date. Do you know if this exists?

try this:

Natal Transits Search Engine:
horoscopes.astro-seek.com/personal-transits-astrology-aspects-online-calculator

1) select transit planet (Venus)
2) select aspect (120° trine)
3) select natal planet (Natal ASC)
4) select time range (From)

calculate :)

Attachments

• seek_weekly_transit_01.gif
    seek_weekly_transit_01.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 30