A Discussion Thread About Racism in America

Vyri

Banned
Dear Forum

Makes me sad to see the loss of so many good intentions (merchandise - products) and quality decisions ..values waiting to be shared halted - before the world - a specific community should have a chance to experience their wonder and pleasurable flavor - taste, not to mention the business expectations that may be affected. Here's wishing and hoping the trends in the world, conglomerates have new venue and prosper accordingly to the variety which so many continents expect - develop for a satisfied public.

When I was in my youth a book was read to us as children in the Los Angeles School district I attended- called 'The 29 Balloon's.' Although I was very young the message stayed with me with a joy of understanding - lovingly spoken to the class by the teacher whom delivered the story. It spoke of different realms contributing to each other as a community of special talent's - each helping the other prosper - an ideal that is a truism or should be universally.

All the best
Vyri

Last edited:

Dirius

College graduates, as opposed to just high school, is the usual definition.

Well in some studies concerning racism in "un-educated" (as you called it), the number of racist people was always lower than the number of non-racists, so it doesn't seem to be related to intelligence of per say, its just that the general trend seems to be that people are not really racist.

To me it seems more like a justification to insult someone.

Then we can go into what is actually racism or not.

david starling

Well in some studies concerning racism in "un-educated" (as you called it), the number of racist people was always lower than the number of non-racists, so it doesn't seem to be related to intelligence of per say, its just that the general trend seems to be that people are not really racist.

To me it seems more like a justification to insult someone.

Then we can go into what is actually racism or not.

Let's hope the trend you see continues. Better for everyone. Btw, plenty of non-college graduates are highly intelligent, and plenty of college graduates are....not especially well-endowed, when it comes to intellectual prowess.

JUPITERASC

An avalanche of polling over the last three years :smile:
much of it prompted by police killings of African-Americans
that grabbed headlines in 2014 and 2015
show how people of different racial backgrounds
have wildly different American experiences.
Public opinion polling paints a stark picture of wide disparities
between African-Americans and other minorities compared to whites.
Black Americans perceive - and experience - racial discrimination
more than white Americans.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/16/politics/blacks-white-racism-united-states-polls/index.html

images

FT_16.6.27.Race_.Takeaways2.png

Chicagos-Race-Gap-in-Concentrated-Poverty-580x372.png

1293.jpg

discrimination-perception-us.jpg

AWuQPmG6rBsiAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

rahu

Banned
trump is empowering racism .the academic discussion about racism are moot in light of the continued wanton killing of black people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dh_mTeXB6o

FBI Declares War Against Black People for Being Pro-Black
The FBI recently released an intelligence assessment titled "Black Identity Extremists Likely Motivated to Target Law Enforcement Officers" which basically stated that if you are black & you subscribe to any type of pro-black thoughts pertaining to police brutality, white supremacy or systemic racism; you are now a threat to law enforcement in the United States.

rahu

rahu

Banned

Turns out Christopher Columbus wasn't brave
he was just really bad at math :smile:
Christopher Columbus Was a Murderous Moron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MJoKhO9G1g

very true, Columbus was a murderous fellow which is why he was shipped back to spain in chains after his 3 voyage to the new world.
when coloumbus could not find ready gold on his first voyage, he started sending indian slaves back to pay his debtors. he continued sending slaves back to Spain. queen Isabella was against this and told him to stop bring slaves back. but he continued to send slaves back ,so Isabella degreed that anyone who bought Columbus's slaves had to free them.(there is no record that this decree was followed)

rahu

JUPITERASC

very true, Columbus was a murderous fellow
which is why he was shipped back to spain in chains
after his 3 voyage to the new world.
when coloumbus could not find ready gold on his first voyage
he started sending indian slaves back to pay his debtors.
he continued sending slaves back to Spain.
queen Isabella was against this and told him to stop bring slaves back.
but he continued to send slaves back
so Isabella degreed that anyone who bought Columbus's slaves had to free them.
(there is no record that this decree was followed)

rahu

THE DISTURBING HISTORY OF THE SUBURBS
:smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETR9qrVS17g

planning-for-fair-housing-socialracial-inclusion-14-728.jpg

redlining-600x357.jpg

segregation.jpg

791023_7F25Aj9r.jpg

lunch-counter-sit-ins.jpg

CapAquaPis

In the 2000s-10s (21st century), more young adults and affluent whites move to inner-cities, while low-income and minority people (esp Blacks and Latinos) move to older post-ww2 era suburbs. The huge African-American and pre-1970s Mexican-American exodus out of L.A. into the inland empire region of Southern CA is an example. Riverside, San Bernardino and the deserts north and east of L.A. has large Black and Chicano/Latino populations, but these towns have large agricultural, resort, domestic and construction industries to drawn Hispanic/Latin American immigration and middle-class Blacks seeking work, as well gentrification literally made "the ghetto" move 60-90 miles away.

JUPITERASC

A California State University, Sacramento professor
who allegedly told his United States History class he did not like the term ‘genocide’
in relation to Native Americans in history, told a Native American student who disagreed with him
that she was disenrolled and expelled from his course.
The account is according to Native university student, Chiitaanibah Johnson (Navajo/Maidu)
a 19-year-old sophomore student at California State University, Sacramento.
Johnson says when she told her U.S. History Professor Maury Wiseman
that she disagreed with his assessment that Native Americans did not face genocide
the professor said she was hijacking his class, and that she was accusing him of bigotry and racism.
The professor then dismissed the class early
apologized for Johnson’s disruptions
and told her she was disenrolled at the end of the class on Friday.

“The whole thing started on Wednesday,” Johnson told ICTMN.
“He was talking about Native America and he said the word genocide.
He paused and said ‘I don’t like to use that word because I think it is too strong for what happened’
and ‘genocide implies that it was on purpose
and most native people were wiped out by European diseases.’”
Johnson was offended and on Friday, Johnson presented her research to the professor
after his discussion on the Iroquois Confederacy and the Portuguese expeditions.
“On Friday, I raised my hand and I said, ‘I understand why we’re talking about the Portuguese people
because it explains how they got to America.
But I do not think it is fair to talk about Portuguese people as if they were only poor and brave.
They became rich by raping and enslaving the indigenous lands
and people that they “discovered,’” says Johnson.
Johnson says that when she asked
why the professor did not talk about any sort of Iroquoian technological advances or spirituality :smile:
and then asked about her professor’s stance on genocide
the professor grew volatile and rolled his eyes several times.

“I told him, ‘You said genocide implies the purposeful extermination of people
and that they were mostly wiped out by European diseases.’
I said, ‘That is not a true statement.’
“He said, ‘Genocide is not what happened.’ I stood up
and started reading from an article by the United Nations

that said: ‘Genocide is the deliberate killing of another people
a sterilization of people and/or a kidnapping of their children,’
and he said, ‘That is enough.’
“I said, ‘No. You have to tell the truth.’
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/education/article38147970.html

IMG_1_20150912_AOC_Chine_6_1_EN5QSBRA_L156872932