Will I get into the college I want?

AppLeo

I asked this question so many times, so I don't know if this horary will be legit. This has been on my subconscious mind for a while and at 5:59 PM it was brought into my conscious again and so I casted a chart for it.

astro_2gw_54_will_i_get_into_the_college_i_want.3594.6891.jpg

AppLeo

Sure, I'll try it with my limited knowledge.

Okay okay, so I've got... Gemini Ascendent so Mercury represents me.

My question is regarding college, so I'm going to look at the ruler of the 9th house. AND... we've got capricorn/aquarius going for college, so the ruler of my 9th house is Saturn.

This is either fine or terrible. Saturn is the God of time, so I'm guessing that I'll be able to the college I want, but later in the future. It's not going to be a quick admission. But I don't know if that means that I'm going to be admitted next year like I want or in like 3 years. If I'm admitted next year then everything will be right on schedule, but Saturn makes things last longer so I don't know.. I guess it's bad because I'll be admitted later...

And then we have Mercury conjunct Saturn. I'm not really sure what this means. Does this mean I want the delay towards the college that I want?? I was considering attending a community college first to save money. But who knows.

The Moon is square Saturn and Mercury, which appears really bad. I guess that represents how I feel about the whole thing. I feel stressed out about it and worried.

Saturn and Mercury are both in the 6th/7th house. I can't image what this means. It's transitioning from a cadent house to a cardinal house. It's going to take a while before I know the answer, but when I do find out the answer I will have it. The 6th house represents represents diseases and... daily activities. Not really sure how that has anything to do with college so...

Ugh, I don't even know what I'm saying.

I tried.

tsmall

Premium Member
Yes, you did try, and you didn't totally botch it.

For the second time tonight, this...

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/perfection.html

You are Mercury. In this chart, the MC is also in the 9th sign, which is perfect because you are looking for an elevation of status that pertains to higher education. Being accepted to university is a 10th house matter. The MC in 9? shows the relevance of the question.

There are charts in which you don't even need the Moon (believe it or not) to tell the story. Your significator, Mercury, is applying to the quesited's significator, by bodily conjunction in almost exactly 1 degree. Hello? It's not very often we get charts that scream "YES." The last one I had was for the job I now have. Sometimes, it's just that easy with horary.

AppLeo

Yes, you did try, and you didn't totally botch it.

For the second time tonight, this...

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/perfection.html

You are Mercury. In this chart, the MC is also in the 9th sign, which is perfect because you are looking for an elevation of status that pertains to higher education. Being accepted to university is a 10th house matter. The MC in 9? shows the relevance of the question.

There are charts in which you don't even need the Moon (believe it or not) to tell the story. Your significator, Mercury, is applying to the quesited's significator, by bodily conjunction in almost exactly 1 degree. Hello? It's not very often we get charts that scream "YES." The last one I had was for the job I now have. Sometimes, it's just that easy with horary.

Thank you so much for helping me out tsmall!!

So I'm going to get accepted right?! The conjunction of Mercury to Saturn is very good :D

So happy that the horary was positive! :3

tikana

bloody mary

you are gettin ginto that college but you might not like it or it might not fulfill what you are after.. mars in 9th

conspiracy theorist

bloody mary

you are gettin ginto that college but you might not like it or it might not fulfill what you are after.. mars in 9th

I was thinking more along the lines that the college will corrupt him.

In other news, Moon's last aspect is a square to Saturn and goes off the deep end (VOC)

conspiracy theorist

Yes, it does. But we don't always need the Moon to perfect the thing asked about. Horary, master level.

True true

Question though. Even with the perfecting matter (I saw it in this chart but there is something off about it) do you discount what the Moon says? Couldn't it give information that is pertinent regardless?

tikana

In other news, Moon's last aspect is a square to Saturn and goes off the deep end (VOC)

ummm i had a very malefic saturn sitting in my 9th when i was applying. there was no doubt i would get in but it was evident that it would be detrimental. and **** it was.

still to this day i have nightmares about it. i wish i could sue

tsmall

Premium Member
True true

Question though. Even with the perfecting matter (I saw it in this chart but there is something off about it) do you discount what the Moon says? Couldn't it give information that is pertinent regardless?

I mean, it could give information about the querent, but not always information that could lead the astrologer to the answer. I've had several charts (the one about the job I now have, and another about whether or not the animals would come home are but two) had the Moon VoC, yet the significators were still able to perfect the matter. It's a decision. Operate through the Moon, or operate through the significators. But if you really want to be a horary astrologer, you have to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

tikana

okay ppl

what is the main job for the moon?
To show what will come next, right?
so
it is possible that nothing more needs to be done in regards to this.
the decision has been made
we can see that by analyzing the last aspect moon made before it leaves the sign.

moon squares saturn but is it a true square? Not really .. it should be read as a trine since it involves long asce planets..
so IMO you got in.. quit whining .. wait for their letter

so what does the moon do next?
it aspects sun

what does sun rule?
possibly 3rd house since the chart is placidus not regio *evil grin* even if it is not.. sun rock solidly rules 4th house end of the matters...
there you go .. the letter

9 days 9 week something is about to happen

i am not outruling 1 month either at this point

btw you barely got in... just barely .. merc is not strong coming out of combustion... + essintially weak and detrimented. but ANGULAR in 7th house

Last edited:

AppLeo

bloody mary

I don't think it will fulfill much. I see college more as a stepping stone.

Corruption, k nice :w00t:

okay ppl

what is the main job for the moon?
To show what will come next, right?
so
it is possible that nothing more needs to be done in regards to this.
the decision has been made
we can see that by analyzing the last aspect moon made before it leaves the sign.

moon squares saturn but is it a true square? Not really .. it should be read as a trine since it involves long asce planets..
so IMO you got in.. quit whining .. wait for their letter

): I'M NOT WHINING! Just nervous you big meanie.

so what does the moon do next?
it aspects sun

what does sun rule?
possibly 3rd house since the chart is placidus not regio *evil grin* even if it is not.. sun rock solidly rules 4th house end of the matters...
there you go .. the letter

9 days 9 week something is about to happen

i am not outruling 1 month either at this point

btw you barely got in... just barely .. merc is not strong coming out of combustion... + essintially weak and detrimented. but ANGULAR in 7th house

Barely is good enough for me :p

Thanks for everyone helping me decipher the horary chart! <3
Good to know that I've made it astrologically.

conspiracy theorist

I don't think it will fulfill much. I see college more as a stepping stone.

Corruption, k nice :w00t:

): I'M NOT WHINING! Just nervous you big meanie.

Barely is good enough for me :p

Thanks for everyone helping me decipher the horary chart! <3
Good to know that I've made it astrologically.

Yes, corrupted. I read you being Mercury as well as detrimented as highly malleable and infirm, and even though I see a positive for you going to the college you desire, that college has undue power to coerce you into its mold, as it is Saturnine and so is likely to have a long and storied history behind its name.

I may be wrong, but if we're both around here a year or 2 from now we'll find out.

AppLeo

Yes, corrupted. I read you being Mercury as well as detrimented as highly malleable and infirm, and even though I see a positive for you going to the college you desire, that college has undue power to coerce you into its mold, as it is Saturnine and so is likely to have a long and storied history behind its name.

I may be wrong, but if we're both around here a year or 2 from now we'll find out.

Hmm... yeah I guess we'll see. I think it'll be great though.

Blaze

Account Closed
Ugh, Please... I voted for Donald Trump.

Wear your "Make America Great Again" hat on your first day. You'll make loads of friends, lel.

OT: So Mercury being in det but angular shows a positive-ish answer is what I'm getting here. Even with it's lack of dignity, the planet is still angular which gives it great...strength? or perhaps prominence is a better word.

Tik, Tamara and CT made interesting posts.

I should add a question: The det status of Mercury isn't fully taken as a good thing, right? For example: Were Mercury in Virgo and in the 7th it'd be taken much better?

Second edit: After shopping, I realized my mistake with the question. A Virgo seventh house would mean a Jupiter ruled ascendant, thus the native would be in the 8th - in Libra. #Noobproblems.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Wear your "Make America Great Again" hat on your first day. You'll make loads of friends, lel.

Pfffft.. I pretend to like Hillary Clinton and all that at school. Literally every single person is so liberal where I live. So freaking liberal. I mean I'm kind of liberal too because I'm young and all, but not democratic thank you.