What do I look for????

Lion o ness

Im trying to figure out when I moved to cross country..
I know I was 6 years old.. I believe it was around Jan - Mar.

What do I look for in each..
transits
progressions
Solar Arc's

Well if you post natal, with progression and transits for that year and that month, it should be visibly possible to evaluate a massive transit. sometimes SR are useful in dectecting a house move, SR moon in 3rd planning it and 4th doing it....

Lin

You don't say how old you are, but if you went to school when you moved, the school might still have the records of the first day you attended - it might cost you some cash to have this researched, but if it was in the US and less than 60 years ago the records may still exist.
I am assuming your parents are not living.
There might be other records...utilities company, etc, for the first day of service.
LIN

Lion o ness

Actually that makes sense...
T. Neptune conjunct MC...

My chart ruler is Neptune, and I also have my natal Neptune in H9.. Even though it wasnt an out of country move, it was a huge move.. 3 Thousand miles.

So at that time T. Neptune would have trined my Leo Stellium. :wink:

Claire19

Get a chart calculated for when you were six and around that year with transits and progressions on it....look at the 3rd house and Mercury... Movement there is an indication... If you are still in the same culture and language area then you use the local influences. i.e.If you entered a foreign culture or climate then we look at the 9th and Jupiter. Moon also can be looked at and the 4th house movements...

Claire19

Actually that makes sense...
T. Neptune conjunct MC...

My chart ruler is Neptune, and I also have my natal Neptune in H9.. Even though it wasnt an out of country move, it was a huge move.. 3 Thousand miles.

So at that time T. Neptune would have trined my Leo Stellium. :wink:
I am not sure if the 9th is valid even with a huge move in the same country.
If transitting Neptune was hitting your fourth or 3rd house planets then sure....

Lion o ness

I am not sure if the 9th is valid even with a huge move in the same country.
If transitting Neptune was hitting your fourth or 3rd house planets then sure....

Well I have Saturn conjunct the IC... So if T. neptune was conjunct MC it was opps my Saturn.

Quite often a house move can be seen in Solar returns, 3rd house planning, 4th house doing. Plus look at solar arcs, which you can get done free in Extended chart selection on astro.com

spock

Im trying to figure out when I moved to cross country..
I know I was 6 years old.. I believe it was around Jan - Mar.

What do I look for in each..
transits
progressions
Solar Arc's
Can't you ask your parents? If they aren't alive you could look for old records , paid bills, rent payments, etc. that would indicate when the move must have occurred. If they bought a house you could look at the deed to see when it was dated, and assume that the move occurred not long before that. Astrologically it should show up in the transits of the person(s) who made the decision, but transits show only motives (which is all I think astrology can show), not the exact timing of the outcome. I wouldn't expect it to show up in your own chart regardless, since you weren't the one who decided to move. Transit cycles don't (in my opinion) show what happens to you. They show the motives that cause you to make changes.

I don't find delination of the chart as simple as that Raul, any two people can have a move to another location and have totally different planetary aspects/transits that correspond to the time of the move. Maybe it would be easier to find the symbolism in ones parents charts, as they are the causal factor of the move in most cases of relocation when one is still a child.

Yeah sure.

Maybe with the chart of the family car at the time. Or maybe with the chart of the person who sold them the bus ticket. Or maybe with the chart of her father's boos who sent them to another town.

Which chart do you recommend her to read better than her own?

Please enlighten me.

Lion o ness

Well my mom has a Sag moon.. (my MC) both of us are pisces risings.. Our degrees are off though.. She is also a Sag MC.
We were always moving.. hence the Gem IC but there was on major move..
She only knows it was in 79 in the winter between Jan - Mar..

She drove the 3k miles, so I look at Uranus?

What should I look for in her chart, what type of transits..

Lion o ness

I cant relay on my moms answers... Her memory is awful.. LOL...

She sends me a birthday card a month late, every year...

What makes that worse, Im a freaking only child!!! LOL

Im going to keep looking at both transits, thanks :)

I notice Neptune (both our chart rulers,) was conjunct N.MC
Opps her Jupiter, opps my Saturn..

T. Juptier was on both of our South Nodes. (in cancer)

(she had me, near her NN return)

spock

Yeah sure.

Maybe with the chart of the family car at the time. Or maybe with the chart of the person who sold them the bus ticket. Or maybe with the chart of her father's boos who sent them to another town.

Which chart do you recommend her to read better than her own?

Please enlighten me.
The chart of the person(s) who made the decision and acted on it. No one else. If the move really occurred because the father was transferred, I wouldn't expect it to show in anybody's chart. If, on the other hand, the father had refused the transfer and changed jobs in order not to move, that should show up in his chart (i.e. transits).

JupiterEyed

Is natal Saturn in applying conjunction to your IC? By how many degrees?

I agree with astrologer50; try Solar Arcs especially pertaining to angles. I would also suggest Primary Directions, but from my understanding computing those can be quite complicated if you do it by hand.

Example:

When I was about 19 years and 10 months old, my home life was severely disrupted. My parents had separated that previous December right after Christmas, and extreme tensions built up to the point where I was compelled to move out of the family house (where my father and brothers lived) and into an apartment with my mother. Some of my reasons were that my father was moving his girlfriend of a few months in (who detested us), and kicked us out of our bedrooms so her daughter could have my bedroom and my brothers would go into a makeshift room in the basement. Overall, it was a quick, surprising and very big life adjustment for me. These events also marked the beginning of my estrangement from my father.

I have natal Uranus at 21*SAG35' in my 3rd house. My IC is 11*CAP32'. Solar Arcs, after accounting for the fastness/slowness of the Sun, have Uranus conjunct IC occurring on December 5th 2005. This was EXACT day I was originally supposed to move out. However, sometimes SA planets in cardinal signs can act quicker than normal (or so I have read). I would also venture to say that with Uranus, you never know! Due to my father suddenly moving up the day his girlfriend would move in, I ended up moving out on Thanksgiving Day instead.

Last edited:

JupiterEyed

Real quick-

I would also like to add that my best friend also experienced a life-changing move (and other family factors) correlated with SA Uranus conjuncting her IC. Because we were not friends at this point and had been out of contact for a year, I cannot remember the exact date of her move. However, I know that it happened within the month of December of 2005.

She was born twenty-two days before me. Her Uranus is 20*SAG35' and her IC is 11*CAP21' (we both have Libra Rising at 9* with a slight difference in minutes). Her SA partiles in February 2006.