Chiron's placement in my Son's chart

07.Re

Thanks Vinyasa. Would I be correct in saying then that this would only be a problem if the 10th house was ruled by Cancer?

flea

Re..... I dont think it is such a problem position in relation to parents..... I say this as I have chiron (pisces 11th cusp) sandwiched between ceres and saturn... square sun and opp pluto and uranus. Yes I had some isses with my parents, but they did give me the best they were able. They were where they were in life as I was growing up. I also beleive that it was and experience I needed and a life path that was mine to follow. I ended up doign a lot of energetic family healing work through the last four generations..... and most of all healing of myself. I now have very good affectionate supportive realtionships with both parents (they separated 10 years ago). Chiron may be active in career, and public persona. Squaring Jupiter in first (I have Jup in 1st... a happy disposition... and know how to generate luck) tho wide orb might be worth exploring. Chiron is also Quintile venus so I wonder if art dance music....any of the arts will provide a supportive base for any healing work that is done.... which might not be til much later on in life.

I think that fact you are asking tells you that you are supportive and self reflective...and a great mother to have.

FleaXX

R4VEN

I was also born with natal Chiron in 10th in Scorpio.

"eventual issues of wrong projection on the child of getting and using power from family members.... "
These are wise and true words from Vinyasa!!!
The issues of power and projection of power/powerlessness on to the child are those which are pretty much beyond a parent's ability to intercept. And chances are were you to try to work to stop it, you would be working against the child's life lessons in some way. Best to let the child deal with it himself. I'm sure that at some level he already knows what he has to do!! My own mother tried to `protect' me from the harsh world of masculine domination (as she saw it) by forcing me to become more `feminine'. I rebelled big time, but her coercing behaviour actually served to suppress my own naturally developing personal power. Such an irony!

The Scorpio placement is all about power and manipulation - by the native, as well as by others.
This is a placement which your child has been born to work with. It is not an easy placement, but your child has been born with this, and will be very capable I'm sure of `doing the work'.

Chiron in the 10th is something of the placement of the loner, although this will not be evident until adolescence at the earliest. There is innate wisdom also, which some people may value and try to capture, but others will try to stamp it out - due to their own fears of annihilation.

I notice also that he has a packed 12th house, complete with Mars in the 12th. As a parent you may best check out that placement. The best person to help him with this will be his father - or at the very least a father figure.

07.Re

I was also born with natal Chiron in 10th in Scorpio.

"eventual issues of wrong projection on the child of getting and using power from family members.... "
These are wise and true words from Vinyasa!!!
The issues of power and projection of power/powerlessness on to the child are those which are pretty much beyond a parent's ability to intercept. And chances are were you to try to work to stop it, you would be working against the child's life lessons in some way. Best to let the child deal with it himself. I'm sure that at some level he already knows what he has to do!! My own mother tried to `protect' me from the harsh world of masculine domination (as she saw it) by forcing me to become more `feminine'. I rebelled big time, but her coercing behaviour actually served to suppress my own naturally developing personal power. Such an irony!

The Scorpio placement is all about power and manipulation - by the native, as well as by others.
This is a placement which your child has been born to work with. It is not an easy placement, but your child has been born with this, and will be very capable I'm sure of `doing the work'.

Chiron in the 10th is something of the placement of the loner, although this will not be evident until adolescence at the earliest. There is innate wisdom also, which some people may value and try to capture, but others will try to stamp it out - due to their own fears of annihilation.

I notice also that he has a packed 12th house, complete with Mars in the 12th. As a parent you may best check out that placement. The best person to help him with this will be his father - or at the very least a father figure.

R4VEN, I am confused. Are you saying that one of his life lessons is to learn how to cope with his (intense) power energies and if so, how do we as parents channel / guide this process without stepping on his toes or quelching these engeries? I understand that this is his lesson and not mine but as you indicated that your Mum tried to suppress your energy, how can I know that I am not doing the same?

It saddens me to read that Chiron in the 10th is the placement for a loner. Even now at school, he has one good friend and although he gets on well with other kids, he is not big on letting just anyone get too close to him.

Yes, that 12th house.... it is packed... I am still in the process of trying to understand it all. His father is very affectionate with him which at this stage, seems to embarress my son as he often shies away from it. He also seems to be 'testing' his strength / power as he often speaks "down" to his father and gets real cheeky (tests the waters). I find this difficult to deal with as I won't accept disrespect from him. Funny enought, it worries me more than it worries his father as I will comment on it and my hubby won't.

Just for interest sake, my son was born 8 weeks prem and was a fighter from the word go... he was a healthy baby and was able to breathe on his own without the use of a ventilator.

07.Re

Re..... I dont think it is such a problem position in relation to parents..... I say this as I have chiron (pisces 11th cusp) sandwiched between ceres and saturn... square sun and opp pluto and uranus. Yes I had some isses with my parents, but they did give me the best they were able. They were where they were in life as I was growing up. I also beleive that it was and experience I needed and a life path that was mine to follow. I ended up doign a lot of energetic family healing work through the last four generations..... and most of all healing of myself. I now have very good affectionate supportive realtionships with both parents (they separated 10 years ago). Chiron may be active in career, and public persona. Squaring Jupiter in first (I have Jup in 1st... a happy disposition... and know how to generate luck) tho wide orb might be worth exploring. Chiron is also Quintile venus so I wonder if art dance music....any of the arts will provide a supportive base for any healing work that is done.... which might not be til much later on in life.

I think that fact you are asking tells you that you are supportive and self reflective...and a great mother to have.

FleaXX

Thanks Flea...I had noticed that aspect to venus. Any thoughts on the square to uranus?

flea

Aq rising, uranus in own sign adj asc.... but wide wide square to chiron. He see things his own way, an individual vision, and there is luck in this with jupiter in first..... the path way to birthing the new is the healing wounds of chiron. The wounds are always there whether you chose to heal them or not.... I gues with chiron so prominant it is part of the pathway.... Ooo just noticed another saggie./... sun and moon. So strong connection with Jupiter. An interesting chart starting our age of aquarius. New stuff needs the heart of a pioneer... and pioneers need strength to know they can get through the hard stuff... that they can support all they need to do with the help of the universe.

I have sun sq uranus.... I am coming into my own person now... having worked out my stuff! Strength to find the truth of yourself I suppose.

FleaXX

07.Re

Aq rising, uranus in own sign adj asc.... but wide wide square to chiron. He see things his own way, an individual vision, and there is luck in this with jupiter in first..... the path way to birthing the new is the healing wounds of chiron. The wounds are always there whether you chose to heal them or not.... I gues with chiron so prominant it is part of the pathway.... Ooo just noticed another saggie./... sun and moon. So strong connection with Jupiter. An interesting chart starting our age of aquarius. New stuff needs the heart of a pioneer... and pioneers need strength to know they can get through the hard stuff... that they can support all they need to do with the help of the universe.

I have sun sq uranus.... I am coming into my own person now... having worked out my stuff! Strength to find the truth of yourself I suppose. What a great feeling that is!

FleaXX

I learnt not that long ago that his chart is one of an Indigo child...

From Planet Waves.net:
"The flame throwers" 1996-2003 (Uranus in Aquarius, Neptune in late Capricorn and Aquarius, Pluto in Sagittarius) -- A very outgoing, irrepressible, exuberant generation, quick to question authority and convention ... brilliant intellectuals, inventors, reformers and propagandists.

I have a feeling that he is here to teach us a thing or two. :smile:

I have only got this one chance to be the best Mum I can be to him and his brother (and I don't take this lightly).

R4VEN

R4VEN, I am confused. Are you saying that one of his life lessons is to learn how to cope with his (intense) power energies and if so, how do we as parents channel / guide this process without stepping on his toes or quelching these engeries? I understand that this is his lesson and not mine but as you indicated that your Mum tried to suppress your energy, how can I know that I am not doing the same?
You don't. That is one of the `joys' of parenting.
Chiron in Scorpio in 10th is a very old soul energy - or at the very least, possessed by those who know they are here to conduct something significant in their lives (even if no-one else ever recognises this) and so a Ch in 10th person rarely takes life lightly.

As he gets older you may like to try asking him what it is he needs of you. I don't know your son, but he may or may not find that useful. He probably knows more about what he is here to do than he would ever let on. He may also have quite a significant task to perform which has something to do with you and your husband as parents. He was born to you for a reason.

It saddens me to read that Chiron in the 10th is the placement for a loner. Even now at school, he has one good friend and although he gets on well with other kids, he is not big on letting just anyone get too close to him.
Please do not be saddened by his aloneness!!!! He needs solitude, and will wither fret without plenty of space in which to think and contemplate. (My favourite person to spend time with has always been myself.) And I recognise that you are putting a lot of parenting and loving energy into your children. All parents should do that, but many don't. However, your own values about what constitutes happiness and a good life will not always resonate with what he needs. I suspect that he already knows what he needs. He will be thoughtful, philosophical, solitary, and he will feed on ideas and mythology. He will often seem away with the fairies. Being a Capricorn will also strengthen that need for only one or 2 very good and loyal friends....... and that will be enough for him.

Just a word about what you said about him showing disrespect towards his father............... he is testing the boundaries here on earth, and is checking out who gives in and who doesn't. He is probably not a regular `visitor to earth', and so there are rules and limits which he has a need to figure out. The 10th house is also about authority, and deep inside himself he is aware that his own authority will eventually be himself. He will probably learn this quicker than most.

He is capable of being very self-motivated, but you may often be bewildered by what it is motivates him. One of your own lessons as a parent may be - eventually - to learn to trust him, and that he knows what he's doing, even when he appears to be doing nothing at all.

Last edited:

07.Re

He was born to you for a reason..

....and we are so grateful that he chose us as parents.

Thanks for all those wise words and good advice. It has given me much to think about.

I have done some reading on the 12th house. Neptune in 12H is said to be highly psychic but it seems that this is only something which is "developed" as an adult. Strangely enough, he will often "know" something before it happens and I have told him before that he should listen to his inner voice and trust what it tells him.

R4VEN

Neptune in 12H is said to be highly psychic but it seems that this is only something which is "developed" as an adult. Strangely enough, he will often "know" something before it happens and I have told him before that he should listen to his inner voice and trust what it tells him.
As simple as what you have said above sounds, that is really, really good advice for your son. He will need to be free to trust his inner voice, and your sanction for him to do that is one of the most actively loving acts you can perform for him.

07.Re

As simple as what you have said above sounds, that is really, really good advice for your son. He will need to be free to trust his inner voice, and your sanction for him to do that is one of the most actively loving acts you can perform for him.

:smile::smile::smile::smile:

Kahlil Gibran (1883-1931) Lebanese poet and artist. Gibran immigrated with his parents to Boston in 1895 and later settled in New York City. His works, written in both Arabic and English, are full of lyrical outpourings and express his deeply religious and mystical nature. The Prophet, a book of poetic essays, achieved cult status among American youth for several generations.

On Children-- Kahlil Gibran
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

http://www.katsandogz.com/onchildren.html

to read the full version click on link above....

http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoundation/BookKarmaHouse12.htm
http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrology/interpreting/houses/house12.html

There has been some interesting threads on 12th house placements and perhaps you should research a little further, not just focus on chiron :whistling:

07.Re

Well A50, I have spent some time researching the above links and to be honest, find most of the comments regarding parents' to be really negative. I am not sure what to make of it. Here are examples:

People with Mars in H12 frequently have a parent who is either afraid of displays or wilfulness and anger or has a dominating will. Either way the child is discouraged from being assertive or self-directing

People with this placement of Uranus tend to be born into families where there is a strong sense of propriety and an emphasis placed on conduct and appearances. Any form of exhibitionism is actively discouraged in their childhoods.

Venus in the 12th House confers the ability to love selflessly and unconditionally. In their childhoods, people with this placement of Venus are often made to feel that others more needy have first call on the parents’ love and time. Although it may indicate a loveless childhood, it may also show up in the charts of people who grew up in a warm environment but one in which there was no scope to be demanding, often because a sibling needed special attention. It may also indicate ‘smother love'.

People with Neptune in H12 are frequently born to parents who pride themselves on their practical sense and realism. The child is usually brought up to ‘look after number one’. From this bleak and unappealing world, the child with Neptune in H12 tends to retreat into a private realm of fantasy

I don't believe these comments can be made without looking at the natal charts of both parents.

I have done some reading on the 12th house. Neptune in 12H is said to be highly psychic but it seems that this is only something which is "developed" as an adult. Strangely enough, he will often "know" something before it happens and I have told him before that he should listen to his inner voice and trust what it tells him.
In your post 11 you said the above which I agree with. There are positive and negative traits with all placements, just use discernment.

perhaps more research into 12th house planets would be helpful, rather than just look at the 'cookbook versions' read what other members have said on a more personal level..... :whistling:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3173&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16117&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19818&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18312&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15090&highlight=12th+house

07.Re

In your post 11 you said the above which I agree with. There are positive and negative traits with all placements, just use discernment.

perhaps more research into 12th house planets would be helpful, rather than just look at the 'cookbook versions' read what other members have said on a more personal level..... :whistling:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3173&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16117&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19818&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18312&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15090&highlight=12th+house

These are informative threads and I have learnt a lot through reading them. Thanks A50.

flea

Hi ,

I have spent quite a bit of time lookingat my parents charts as I was doing a lot of healing work on myself. It was always frustrating to see saturn near my chiron in the 10th/11th house.... which points to the father yet my most obvious wounds are with my mother. It was only since someone pointed out that my chiron is sandwiched between Ceres and Saturn.... that the fuller picture appeared. I understood from my healing processes that it was the masculine principle rather than the emobodiment that was hurting me and suppressing the feminine within me so things didn't add up. I could go on and on as the picture and story of our relationships cannot be told by cookbook astrology. Yet sometimes the simplist phrase can unlock the heavens.

Astrology read in light of your own life experiences are far stronger than something you read on the internet. If you cant apply it... it is no use.

FleaXX

07.Re

Hi ,

I have spent quite a bit of time lookingat my parents charts as I was doing a lot of healing work on myself. It was always frustrating to see saturn near my chiron in the 10th/11th house.... which points to the father yet my most obvious wounds are with my mother. It was only since someone pointed out that my chiron is sandwiched between Ceres and Saturn.... that the fuller picture appeared. I understood from my healing processes that it was the masculine principle rather than the emobodiment that was hurting me and suppressing the feminine within me so things didn't add up. I could go on and on as the picture and story of our relationships cannot be told by cookbook astrology. Yet sometimes the simplist phrase can unlock the heavens.

Astrology read in light of your own life experiences are far stronger than something you read on the internet. If you cant apply it... it is no use.

FleaXX

Flea, my sons Ceres sits in the 2nd house of Pisces, squares the Sun and Pluto and semi-sextiles Uranus. Interestingly it also trines the MC (which I've read could aid in someone becoming a professional chef and funny enough at the age of 11, he loves spending time in the kitchen).

I have researched my Ceres and have it placed conjunct my sun in the 1st house of Libra (also conjuncts Uranus)... I was interested to read that it gives the quality of the moon being in Cancer.

flea

oooo 07.Re

I would guess that parenting is very important to you.... which maybe allows some deep healing patterns to be revealed on a soul level. We all have the ability to do incredibly deep layers of healing now. My journey has just been awesome in both senses of the word.

I wanted to mention a pattern that has been passed down.... my mum's chiron is conjunct my NN, which is an aspect she shares with her mother. All three of us have grand water trines. Somehow healing our mother and also our internal mother is something being passed down the generations. My grandmother gave me her mothers engagement ring when she passed earlier this year. I follow my intuition and heal what is to hand.

Maybe your son is with you to heal his inner mother, his spiritual mother aspect, and you can show him how?? There is so much healing of the feminine needed it is endless or sometimes feels like that. The square indicates a challenge as some attitudes need to be shifted at a higher level. He needs to learn how to nuture his own inner soul, which is the gift of the mother.

As always ... I ramble with some idea of something being of use...... but then again I maybe off the mark. As I said before I follow my intuition on these things ( a hard won habit) being supported by my moon in cxancer!!!

FleaXXX

07.Re

oooo 07.Re

I would guess that parenting is very important to you.... which maybe allows some deep healing patterns to be revealed on a soul level. We all have the ability to do incredibly deep layers of healing now. My journey has just been awesome in both senses of the word.

I wanted to mention a pattern that has been passed down.... my mum's chiron is conjunct my NN, which is an aspect she shares with her mother. All three of us have grand water trines. Somehow healing our mother and also our internal mother is something being passed down the generations. My grandmother gave me her mothers engagement ring when she passed earlier this year. I follow my intuition and heal what is to hand.

Maybe your son is with you to heal his inner mother, his spiritual mother aspect, and you can show him how?? There is so much healing of the feminine needed it is endless or sometimes feels like that. The square indicates a challenge as some attitudes need to be shifted at a higher level. He needs to learn how to nuture his own inner soul, which is the gift of the mother.

As always ... I ramble with some idea of something being of use...... but then again I maybe off the mark. As I said before I follow my intuition on these things ( a hard won habit) being supported by my moon in cxancer!!!

FleaXXX

Flea, that is just amazing! How special! :smile: