Combat sports and mars in pisces

B3lovedveteran8

Hey everyone, i'm martial artist, boxing to be precise. I fell in love with the sport and i love it so much, but the sport is what got me into astrology. Because i wanted to see what charts the All Time Greats had. Well apparently none of them have mars in pisces. Which discourages me a lot, because i want to achieve something with boxing, even if its just winning a belt on Amateur level, i want to wreck the competition.
But it's said that mars in pisces natives have lower energy levels than other, exalted mars signs. I just hate having this placement, i wish i had Aries or Taurus... :sad:

I even trained to much and i developed stress fractures in my tibia bones. Flat feet is also a factor, but i didn't want to rest, i wanted to train, to run in the morning and have that little advantage what other don't have. Go to the gym even though i'm a bit anxious about it.

Anyways, i'm not playing the victim role over here, i just want some explanation why i love this sport, while i got the worst placement ever for it, i even got aquarius in sun which means it's in detriment!
Despite all of this i just want to keep going, i can't quit.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 76

AppLeo

Having Mars in Pisces is not a bad placement for a martial artist. And neither is having the Sun in Aquarius. Detriment and exaltation of planets is just used to help us organize and clarify how the planets express themselves in the sign. Yes the Sun may be domicile in Leo and detriment in Aquarius, but that doesn't mean Aquarians are less as people or skills. It's just more difficult to have the Sun in Aquarius because it's a rather selfless and detached sign, which is the opposite of what the Sun is trying to achieve.

Mars in pisces may make you seem "weaker," and Mars in Aries may seem strong, but in the end it doesn't really mean anything.

And there's more to Mars than just your movements. You have to take into consideration that Mars represents our anger, aggressions, willingness to go after what we want and all that. Mars in Pisces people may not understand what they're really going for and may struggle more with consistent actions, but they're people that go for their dreams, which is actually really good :D

Mars in Pisces people tend to be attracted to more artistic or expressive activities, like martial arts for example. It sounds like you've used your Mars in Pisces to the best of it's ability.

conspiracy theorist

Consider the following.

You have a strong strain of Martial energy running through your chart. Your Mars is actually doing well; it's in a nocturnal chart which gears it towards more beneficial manifestation, he is in a water sign at night and hence gains dignity through triplicity AND is also in his terms. Not only does Mars have good essential dignity but its also doing well accidentally as it is placed in the 6th sign from the ascendant -- which it joys in. Specifically it is in the 5th house by quadrant and the mixture of 6th and 5th can well indicate someone who plays sports (5th) for a living (6th).

So we covered Mars himself, but what about the other things that he affects in your chart? For one, you possess a Scorpio Moon which is ruled by Mars. Your emotional, imaginings and irrational tendencies will hence be strongly influenced by Mars - Mars which is the planet of drive, courage, physical prowess and fighting spirit - perhaps this is ringing some bells for you. The Moon rules your 10th house and is located in the 2nd - this strongly suggests that she will be influential in the career. One area that is governed by the moon that is overlooked is the body; that as well as your instincts (another aspect governed by the moon) will be important in whatever you decide to do. There is also something the ancient astrologers used to do (I think this is from Maternus) where they would look at the separations and applications of the Moon to further delineate character and professional output. In your chart, the Moon's last aspect was to Jupiter and guess where it is heading to next? Mars himself.

Mars also is the closest aspect to the lady of the ascendant Venus and auxiliary considerations to Mars' influence in this chart is that Venus is located in a Martial sign (Mars exalts in Capricorn) as well as the exaltation ruler of the ascendant Saturn is located in Aries AND is conjunct the angle of war/marriage. These can further push you towards combat and less conciliatory avenues of interest.

Another thing to consider is that despite your chart being Venus ruled, there is a decent amount of indications that indicate austerity and going over the edge. Hence, I can see how you'd try to push past your injury and continue in a passionate fervor.

Nadezhda

I have Mars in Pisces too. It's not bad to have such a Mars, but a lot of time you can spend on dreaming about something and have rich imagination. E.g. I like swimming...

Astrochologist

Not saying it's a forgone conclusion but anecdotally I've seen air signs especially Aquarius fold up pretty easily in fights. I think it is very much because "self" isn't as important as the whole.

The tougher air signs are Geminis (Sun isn't in a weakened state). Then some like Evander Holyfield (Libra) who has a Mars Leo opposite Saturn in Aquarius
( hard work and dedication) Venus in Scorpio, Moon Cancer (strong natural instincts when backed into a corner).

Mars in Pisces is a kick boxer, UFC, dancers placement. I do not think a sport where hands are the primary weapon (boxing, baseball, tennis) are the "best" sports for them. Since Mars in Pisces fervor is channeled towards Jupiter interests such as religion, humanitarian causes, caretaking, Mars in Pisces generally lacks the killer instinct that a Mars in Scorpio, Mars Aries has

Astrochologist

Having Mars in Pisces is not a bad placement for a martial artist. And neither is having the Sun in Aquarius. Detriment and exaltation of planets is just used to help us organize and clarify how the planets express themselves in the sign. Yes the Sun may be domicile in Leo and detriment in Aquarius, but that doesn't mean Aquarians are less as people or skills. It's just more difficult to have the Sun in Aquarius because it's a rather selfless and detached sign, which is the opposite of what the Sun is trying to achieve.

Mars in pisces may make you seem "weaker," and Mars in Aries may seem strong, but in the end it doesn't really mean anything.

And there's more to Mars than just your movements. You have to take into consideration that Mars represents our anger, aggressions, willingness to go after what we want and all that. Mars in Pisces people may not understand what they're really going for and may struggle more with consistent actions, but they're people that go for their dreams, which is actually really good :D

Mars in Pisces people tend to be attracted to more artistic or expressive activities, like martial arts for example. It sounds like you've used your Mars in Pisces to the best of it's ability.

When these placements matter most is when "fire" is required most. When they are losing the fight or getting beat up and have to come back from behind. They simply do not have that fighting spirit. Skill wise they might be the greatest fighter in history but the fighter's spirit is lacking severely.

SweetTruthSeeker

I've got a Mars in Pisces too and I love UFC and boxing too.

I've always said that if I was a boy I would of been a boxer and was so amazed when I discovered Ufc.

I've very new to astrology but I've always felt that with my mars in Pisces I have to be careful what energies I have around me because if I'm around a energy them long enough I fell like I can become that energy... maybe even worst.. I have a lot of planets in Scorpio also.

My point is.. being that Pisces is a mutable sign... wouldn't that be good if u was around good trainers/fighters?? Giving u the portential to not be just has good has them if not even better?

😂😂 listen to some killer instinct music while training!

waybread

Would you mind going over to Astrodienst at www.astro.com and re-casting your chart on their free parts pages? When you look down on the lower-left menu for additional points, please add: the part of fortune, black moon Lilith, and Eris? If you can't get Eris in there without all the intervening asteroids, just skip it but note the degree.

The Astrodienst charts are so much easier to read than the one you posted. They also show the quintile (360/5) aspect of 72 and 144 degrees of separation, which shows talent + ambition to manifest it. I'm not good at eyeballing these off the chart.

I have my 5th house sun, Mercury and Venus in Aquarius, and Mars in Pisces, by the way. I've never wanted to be a boxer, but I can get pretty confrontational verbally!

There ain't nuthin' wrong with any of these placements. Plus you've got that beautiful domiciled Jupiter in its traditional sign of Pisces.

Last edited:

TaoAgent22

I have felt this way about my Mars in Pisces, but only externally; it was obvious growing up that I was just not going to be seen as an ***-kicker. But internally, I've always felt like one. I've been obsessed with ancient martial societies at various times, like Spartans and Samurai. I've just felt like I used to be some kind of warrior (S. Node Capricorn).

That's just how it's felt. But I've done much that don't make me feel a need to "prove" that I have 'tons of energy'. I've worked out all day as the norm plenty of times. Like, all day. I've gone two weeks without getting more than 3 hours of sleep in one go ('polyphasic sleep'; I wouldn't necessarily recommend it or criticize it, I've just done it). I've put all day effort into singular tasks as my base state, as far as my drive. Maybe it was the Pisces that allowed that kind of otherwordly commitment, you know? The thing about Mars in Pisces is... that this competetive driving forceful energy goes to the realm that everyone else ignores. That's an edge to have! It was hard for me to finally really feel this way, but I was not just making myself feel better about it. I really came to this conclusion, committed to it, found it to be true. Pisces is the realm of intuition, and that's the kind of place to be in a fight. Have you heard of "Mu"? That's the ideal state to be in during a fight. Think Bushido. An Aries Mars might be too meatheaded to really grasp these kinds of things.

Did someone say you have a Scorpio Moon? I am an Aqua Sun, Mars in Pisces, Scorpio Moon with a bunch of planets there. Very strange! I have much of what you have and I have a great ally in my body and how I've trained it. I hardly ever drop anything, I almost always catch stuff if it does fall off the counter, and I use every motion I make to sort of practice ergonomic smoothness. I used to use menial chores at work or in housework to practice efficient use of force; I like to think that I know how to use my everyday actions in a way that practices some kind of martial art training. Since your passion is boxing, heavy with the hands, look at your Mercury as it rules over hands. My mercury is in a pretty hardcore place and I'm extremely good with my hands. I'm like a magician with these things.

Also, I have this conception of Pisces that makes it feel more empowering than most basic descriptions of it.... Pisces is like white in that it's equal parts all other colors. It's commonly described as a "chameleon" sign. So, it's totally been valid in my experience to think of my Mars as capable of all the other **** combined. Doesn't that sound pretty awesome??

PM me sometime if you want to talk about being an Aqua sun, Scorpio moon, Piscean mars male. I feel very alone being one and would be totally glad to hear about what it's like for another who shares those traits.

Last edited:

B3lovedveteran8

Consider the following.

You have a strong strain of Martial energy running through your chart. Your Mars is actually doing well; it's in a nocturnal chart which gears it towards more beneficial manifestation, he is in a water sign at night and hence gains dignity through triplicity AND is also in his terms. Not only does Mars have good essential dignity but its also doing well accidentally as it is placed in the 6th sign from the ascendant -- which it joys in. Specifically it is in the 5th house by quadrant and the mixture of 6th and 5th can well indicate someone who plays sports (5th) for a living (6th).

So we covered Mars himself, but what about the other things that he affects in your chart? For one, you possess a Scorpio Moon which is ruled by Mars. Your emotional, imaginings and irrational tendencies will hence be strongly influenced by Mars - Mars which is the planet of drive, courage, physical prowess and fighting spirit - perhaps this is ringing some bells for you. The Moon rules your 10th house and is located in the 2nd - this strongly suggests that she will be influential in the career. One area that is governed by the moon that is overlooked is the body; that as well as your instincts (another aspect governed by the moon) will be important in whatever you decide to do. There is also something the ancient astrologers used to do (I think this is from Maternus) where they would look at the separations and applications of the Moon to further delineate character and professional output. In your chart, the Moon's last aspect was to Jupiter and guess where it is heading to next? Mars himself.

Mars also is the closest aspect to the lady of the ascendant Venus and auxiliary considerations to Mars' influence in this chart is that Venus is located in a Martial sign (Mars exalts in Capricorn) as well as the exaltation ruler of the ascendant Saturn is located in Aries AND is conjunct the angle of war/marriage. These can further push you towards combat and less conciliatory avenues of interest.

Another thing to consider is that despite your chart being Venus ruled, there is a decent amount of indications that indicate austerity and going over the edge. Hence, I can see how you'd try to push past your injury and continue in a passionate fervor.
Sorry for the late answer, i got into astrology because of boxing. I wanted to relate myself to the big boxers because i just love the sport. But thats when **** hit the fan. There aren't to many boxers with mars in pisces. Which demotivated me. But after your reading i feel quite better. I just want to be sure that i won't humiliate myself because i went into the wrong sport even though i love it. This... Search... for good boxing placements turned into an obsession. I just feel discouraged when i see my chart compared to other famous boxers. I just wish i had a mars in another sign so i could atleast look up to someone who motivates me.

Maybe i'm just desperate, i can't box anymore because of my injuries (i have flat feet + overtraining which caused my stress fractures, and i kept on pushing like i said and made it worse.) And i can't relate to any favorite boxers because they have different mars signs. Even the boxers born on my birthday like Vasyl lomachenko has a mars in saggitarius. Also dissapointed!

But your chart reading gave me some hope. Which i use to kindle my fire and turn it into an inferno of motivation!

B3lovedveteran8

Would you mind going over to Astrodienst at www.astro.com and re-casting your chart on their free parts pages? When you look down on the lower-left menu for additional points, please add: the part of fortune, black moon Lilith, and Eris? If you can't get Eris in there without all the intervening asteroids, just skip it but note the degree.

The Astrodienst charts are so much easier to read than the one you posted. They also show the quintile (360/5) aspect of 72 and 144 degrees of separation, which shows talent + ambition to manifest it. I'm not good at eyeballing these off the chart.

I have my 5th house sun, Mercury and Venus in Aquarius, and Mars in Pisces, by the way. I've never wanted to be a boxer, but I can get pretty confrontational verbally!

There ain't nuthin' wrong with any of these placements. Plus you've got that beautiful domiciled Jupiter in its traditional sign of Pisces.
Here is my astrodienst chart. http://i.imgur.com/MFo9gg1.png

waybread

b3lv8-- Had you ever thought of teaching boxing? Like to kids at the local Y or gym? That would keep you in the sport.

p. s. With my Mars in Pisces, I'm a total klutz. Must be due to the Saturn opposition.

B3lovedveteran8

Waybread, I'm only 18 years old, next month 19! So i can't really teach boxing because i only boxed for like a couple of months then i went out. I mean teaching boxing and stuff is fine, but i want to achieve something, i want to be recognized in the sport, just at amateur level in the beginning so i can have a goal. But my passion just got wrecked. My mars in pisces isn't that good for the sport and i suffer from lower leg injuries. Maybe it was even my mars in pisces' fault that i'm so in love with this sport and i can't quit.

I'm trying to keep my distance from boxing now, watching fights/movies/docus drives me crazy and frustrates me.

Can you see something in my chart why i'm feeling like i want to accomplish something? Why i want to have this triumphant feeling and why i'm so competitive with it?

Also my chart indicates intelligence and study. But ****, i can't study for **** anymore, i can't focus and it stresses me out because i have exams soon and this is my freshman year.

waybread

B3LV8-- This may seem like a bizarre question, but can you pinpoint your injuries more precisely than "lower leg"? As in, to specific muscles, nerves or tendons? I ask because I've got a copy of Jane Ridder Patrick's Handbook of Medical Astrology, which gives actual degrees for parts of the body. Capricorn and Aquarius rule the lower legs, and I wonder if you've got planets at degrees that would be critical for what you describe.

Just for example, I had serious knee trouble for several years and finally got a joint replacement. I have Jupiter in Capricorn at 19 degrees-- which rules the left knee. Kind of uncanny. I have very flat feet-- to the point where now, I need serious orthotics. Pisces does rule the feet.

I wouldn't blame much on your Mars in Pisces. Your Mars isn't all that badly placed. The hard part of your chart looks like your sun square Pluto. Kids with this aspect often got bullied as children, and they grow up learning not to trust anyone. As adults, they tend to see personal relationships as winners and losers. A girlfriend's win in some small point of disagreement might come across to you as your loss, or vice versa. With your sun involved, you'd take it personally.

So if you love a hard-hitting sport with a winner and a loser, with an opponent you cannot trust, and so on, this looks to me like sun square Pluto. And boxing would be a hugely constructive way to manifest sun square Pluto. Because most people manifest it by getting into power struggles with other people on a routine basis.

But the trouble with a square, it's the itch that you can never quite scratch. You win one boxing match and feel great, but then it's never complete or perfect for you. The up side is that you will work extremely hard to make something of yourself in life.

Then your intense emotional nature (moon) in Scorpio square Uranus (sudden change) probably likes the down-and-dirty aspect of boxing combined with its sudden knock-outs and unexpected blows. This is a really close aspect for you, so hopefully you've got a constructive Plan B for working through your emotions, because otherwise they are liable to bite you-- and everyone else around you.

Anyway, I'm no medical specialist but I hope that, if there is physiotherapy for your injuries, that you are getting it. I found that it helps enormously.

If you've found that boxing rings your chimes, for whatever reason, I hope you can work with a personal trainer or physiotherapist to find a work-out regimen that lets you blow off steam while not harming your body. If you are on a big campus, they should have such people on-site; and possibly a student health services clinic to get you started with a referral, if you need one.

I don't know what you are studying, but with your sun, Mars, and Jupiter in the 5th house, recreation and leisure studies would seem like a natural for you. That Mars in Pisces should also be good for a field like sports medicine or physiotherapy.

I just checked. Boxing is a paralympic sport. http://www.bbc.com/sport/get-inspired/35911497

Last edited:

HarmonE

Just for example, I had serious knee trouble for several years and finally got a joint replacement. I have Jupiter in Capricorn at 19 degrees-- which rules the left knee. Kind of uncanny. I have very flat feet-- to the point where now, I need serious orthotics. Pisces does rule the feet.

I wouldn't blame much on your Mars in Pisces. Your Mars isn't all that badly placed. The hard part of your chart looks like ..... http://www.bbc.com/sport/get-inspired/35911497

Great post, thank you Waybread! I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to just send a thank you on its own

B3lovedveteran8

B3LV8-- This may seem like a bizarre question, but can you pinpoint your injuries more precisely than "lower leg"? As in, to specific muscles, nerves or tendons? I ask because I've got a copy of Jane Ridder Patrick's Handbook of Medical Astrology, which gives actual degrees for parts of the body. Capricorn and Aquarius rule the lower legs, and I wonder if you've got planets at degrees that would be critical for what you describe.

I wouldn't blame much on your Mars in Pisces. Your Mars isn't all that badly placed. The hard part of your chart looks like your sun square Pluto. Kids with this aspect often got bullied as children, and they grow up learning not to trust anyone. As adults, they tend to see personal relationships as winners and losers. A girlfriend's win in some small point of disagreement might come across to you as your loss, or vice versa. With your sun involved, you'd take it personally.

So if you love a hard-hitting sport with a winner and a loser, with an opponent you cannot trust, and so on, this looks to me like sun square Pluto. And boxing would be a hugely constructive way to manifest sun square Pluto. Because most people manifest it by getting into power struggles with other people on a routine basis.

But the trouble with a square, it's the itch that you can never quite scratch. You win one boxing match and feel great, but then it's never complete or perfect for you. The up side is that you will work extremely hard to make something of yourself in life.

Then your intense emotional nature (moon) in Scorpio square Uranus (sudden change) probably likes the down-and-dirty aspect of boxing combined with its sudden knock-outs and unexpected blows. This is a really close aspect for you, so hopefully you've got a constructive Plan B for working through your emotions, because otherwise they are liable to bite you-- and everyone else around you.

Anyway, I'm no medical specialist but I hope that, if there is physiotherapy for your injuries, that you are getting it. I found that it helps enormously.

If you've found that boxing rings your chimes, for whatever reason, I hope you can work with a personal trainer or physiotherapist to find a work-out regimen that lets you blow off steam while not harming your body. If you are on a big campus, they should have such people on-site; and possibly a student health services clinic to get you started with a referral, if you need one.

I don't know what you are studying, but with your sun, Mars, and Jupiter in the 5th house, recreation and leisure studies would seem like a natural for you. That Mars in Pisces should also be good for a field like sports medicine or physiotherapy.

I just checked. Boxing is a paralympic sport. http://www.bbc.com/sport/get-inspired/35911497
Waybread, thank you for your time and your great explanation.

I have troubles in my Tibia bone, on the inner side of my two legs. I had stress fractures and i trained through them and made them worse, i'm out for 6 months or something now maybe even longer.

My Sun Square pluto, strange, Always astrology site didn't mention i had a sun square pluto but astrodienst does. And it fits me perfectly, except for the bullying part because i would rather start a fight than being bullied. There once was a time were some older dudes started mocking me and just saying random **** to me and laughing. Like saying "i'm unique and so is my friend! Are you unique also?" in a deride tone. I felt shy, didn't know how to react and just looked at them. I wasn't mad or something i was just embarassed.

Yes, i do like the sudden knockouts, i even aim for them when boxing. I really love watching Mike Tyson fight because of his aggressiveness, speed and sudden knockouts.

I would rather quit boxing than go into wheelchair boxing. I want to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee!

waybread

Thanks for the feedback. I hope that if you can take time to heal, and then train properly afterwards, you will get to do that.

B3lovedveteran8

Yes but still don't have 100% hope. Because i have very flat feet like you do. But i have flexible flat feet, i can jump rope, box in the balls of my feet and stuff. I hope i can box again, or i'm just doomed with flat feet. :(

Anyways the doctor said it's common with people my age, 18 years, because their bones are still growing.

aquarius7000

...Yes the Sun may be domicile in Leo and detriment in Aquarius, but that doesn't mean Aquarians are less as people or skills. It's just more difficult to have the Sun in Aquarius because it's a rather selfless and detached sign, which is the opposite of what the Sun is trying to achieve...
And, because the Sun is not able to achieve its primary function, its is in detriment/weak in Aquarius. Leo is a hot and dry sign, whilst, Aquarius, ruled by Saturn, is cold and wet, and atmosphere in which the Sun is not comfortable. The Sun, however, likes Aries because it provides a similar atmosphere to the Sun - hot and dry. This is why studying traditional Astrology is so, so important to be able to get a good foundation. This means that people with their Sun in Aquarius struggle to express the inherent qualities of the Sun. However, I do not want to get into a 'traditional' discussion here.