What are you reading?

Moog

Very strong INTJ here. I actually use it as a component of my Fifth Quotient of Natal Astrology: Cognition. The Temperament types use the signs for the center parts of the MB, using David Kiersey's versions, in my opinion.

This would be: Earth = SJ; Fire = SP; Air = NT; Water = NF. Bruno Huber also discusses this in his books, which are really about cognition only and not about the whole chart, IMO.

That seems well assigned to me.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Any ideas on what accounts for the E/I and J/P dimensions?

For the E/I dimension, i would look to see how many of your most powerful planets(using Astrodynes) are below the horizon and if any of them are also Retrograde. My Introversion shows in that my top four most powerful planets are below the horizon, and the 1st most powerful and the 4th most powerful are also Retrograde.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Any ideas on what accounts for the E/I and J/P dimensions?

The J and P dimension concerns how you deal with the end of things. In psychology, it has to do withwhether everything that happens work best for you if you have a deadline(J) or whether nothing has a deadline, and everything is always open ended.

I'm not sure how to do this off the top of my head. But I can think of several indices that I could use for this. A general one might be a mutable mode, but it would need to be balanced with certain asteroids aspecting it. There are others that are on the tip of my tongue, but I cannot get them out at the moment.

Last edited:

Moog

The J and P dimension concerns how you deal with the end of things. In psychology, it has to do withwhether everything that happens work best for you if you have a deadline(J) or whether nothing has a deadline, and everything is always open ended.

I'm not sure how to do this off the top of my head. But I can think of several indices that I could use for this. A general one might be a mutable mode, but it would need to be balanced with certain asteroids aspecting it. There are others that are on the tip of my tongue, but I cannot get them out at the moment.

Could be a Mars thing.

Zarathu, have you got your chart up somewhere, or would you mind sharing your data with me? I think you have mine.

Unfortunately, planets above or below the horizon cannot tell the whole story regarding E/I

All the planets were above the horizon when I was born, yet I am Introverted as ****.

E

eternalautumn

*Apologies, I just now noticed that this was meant to be about astrology books in particular, but as I've noticed others have done the same, I'll continue...

I've recently read The Re-Enchantment of Everyday Life and Care of The Soul by Thomas Moore; next up are The Soul's Code and The Force of Character by his mentor, James Hillman. I'm also eager to begin The Anatomy of Human Destructiveness by Erich Fromm.

poyi

Premium Member
Hmmm .. I think I'm going to like this thread - thank you for creating it. I'm always looking for books to read.

I'm reading Astrological Timing of Critical Illness by Noel Tyl. It's not bad but, the viewpoint is from what is seen in the chart beforehand. The cases are not followed up to see what happens later (except in the cases that involve celebrities).

I am waiting for this book from amazon actually. I already got a few of his books delivered and he is a great writer.

poyi

Premium Member
I am reading Tyl's

Vocations: The New Midheaven Extension Process

Then his other books:
Astrology's Most Successful Predicitive System Solar Arcs
Synthesis & Counselling in Astrology: The Professional Manual (a 800 pages book...)

By John Sandbach and Ronn Ballard, Planets in Containment: A study of 990 Combinations

By Greg Bogart, Planets in Therapy: Predictive Techique and the Art of Counseling

I am a very proud owner of 122 astrological books :tongue: (No...I haven't read them all yet)

Zarathu

Account Closed
OH... for a moment I thought Moog was back. She's not posted since August and I'm worried about her.

Right now I'm re-reading Bil Toomey's Aspect Analysis book to get some nuances of large scale aspect configuartions for my Cognition Quotient© of my book on The Seven Quotients of Astrology©.

Drsendero

Astrological: I've decided to get better informed in traditional methods. I read Avelar's and Ribeiro's "On the Heavenly Spheres" for an introduction to the topic and I am now (slowly) working my way through "Anthologies" by Vettius Valens.

Non-astrological: I have a bunch of old collections of "classics" from my dad's younger years on one of my bookshelves and I randomly chose the works of A Conan Doyle to read through. So, the Sherlock Holmes stories in general but I'm in the midst of a long story set in medieval times called "The White Company."

enigmaticstatic

Hi everyone, on my birthday I got an Amazon gift card for about 75 dollars. As usual I'm having trouble choosing the right book for me.
I have three books by Celeste Teal, one by Noel tyl, two by Bernadette Brady regarding the fixed stars. One horary book by Anthony Harris. I believe my favorite or must have book is by Noel tyl. It's called prediction in astrology I think. Hard to say sense I have used it for so long, so often that it's fallen apart... still can't let it go and use it every time I read a chart.
So the point of this is I want your guys' input. What book is the one book (or 2-3) you just have to have and love/ use most?
I was interested in more Noel tyl books, or one about Arabic lots.
I have always thought fixed stars were interesting and I do want to know more but struggle getting into Bernadette's writing style. I just can't seem to follow her first book on fixed stars, and find her second book about star and planet combos a easier to use. I'm not catching on to understanding the process of using them with her method. I just feel like it's over my head a bit.
I think the fixed stars seem like they always a little fatalistic and scary but then they also conflict in meaning. Baffles me a little.
For example regulas is conjunct my mc with Jupiter. It's supposedly a royal and beneficial star, yet also can mean sudden down fall and violence. So I'm always thinking what does that mean? How do decide which side of this description fits the planet and chart? Any contacts with my natal Jupiter are slightly unfortunate from what I can recall. Hope I can get some input from you guys regarding books.i have also used Celeste teals predictive astrology book so much it's fallen into pieces. I liked it.

Last edited: