mysterious VERTEX

bb369

hey peep!

i was just reading about vertex last week and since its an "imgainary" point there was some debate abt its significance? so what are the chances of it falling into almost the same position for 2 persons within 1 degree? i was thinking if it could mean they would encounter something together that was predestined? is there a way i would know when this would happen or it has already happened?

do we use the solar return charts to view for each transit separately?

would be great to know cos i m worried if something is gonna happen as i hav a vertex conjunct.

bb369

Hi there!

Thank you so much for the reply:biggrin:, i am really new at astrology.
I have been experimenting, other vertexes (of my friends/siblings) havent come close! attached are the charts. our composite sun is in 8th house. i wonder if he is truly someone i m predestined to meet cos we feel strongly about that, or at least i feel so! maybe a relative or friend from past lives?

care to share what are the other transits or charts we can read to find out more about this fateful encounter? i m amazed yet puzzled at this strange coincidence.

Attachments

• compos.jpg
    compos.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 30
  • synast.jpg
    synast.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 35

bb369

Hi caprising!

yes! i have tried looking at the progressed charts but individually and also when we met and now. i dont know if i m doing the right things. i do see a bit of our changing personalities esp the rising. is there any aspect that has more significance for vertex? anyway i have been sporadically check the vertex placement - vertex (since its the almost the same in our chart) has conjunct venus and jupiter for our relationship milestones twice!

any tips to study the vertex more?

PD187540

The vertex is indeed such an interesting point in a natal chart (and also when analyzing a solar return). My vertex is in Leo in the 7th House, making only a semi-sextile aspect to my 8th House Mercury.

As for my current Solar Return, I noticed that the SR Vertex is conjunct my natal Pluto to the exact degree and minute. It is also conjunct my natal Saturn by about 3 degrees.

Taking a look at this website, http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002255.html, it states:

[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]VERTEX TO SATURN
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]SOLAR: Forced changes within the environment, a sad mood, re-assessment of wealth.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]VERTEX TO PLUTO
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]SOLAR: separations from loved ones. The loss of elderly parents or grandparents.

Very interesting for me, since I did in fact move to Los Angeles to pursue my Ph.D. degree, so the separation from loved ones has physically occurred. As for my grandfather, he was hospitalized for bleeding ulcers, and he suffers from aneurysms. He also had a pacemaker installed, and his circulation is suffering (i.e. swollen toe/feet). I'm very concerned for his health, and I hope he makes it out ok. If something, god forbid, should happen this year, I blame the Vertex.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]VERTEX TO MERCURY
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]NATAL: Skills in communication as well as intellectual ability indicate a mentally active person. Scholastic achievements depending on aspects.

Me going for my Ph.D. is obviously in the cards haha.

Shout out to CapRising! I miss ya!
[/FONT]

Vertex
"Those who use the Vertex generally feel it is a point of karmic or fated connection. Some consider it a point of "wish fulfillment". It is perhaps most widely used in synastry. The Vertex is said to be activated at major turning points in our lives, most notably when we meet a significant other or end a significant relationship, and some believe it is triggered when there is a birth or death"
http://www.cafeastrology.com/vertex.html
http://www.falconastrology.com/vertex.htm