Does Group Influence Alter your Natal Chart's Traits Significantly?

I've been wondering. There's a saying that you should be careful who you hang with because the people you choose to be around will gradually alter your personality and eventually you'll become like them (unless you have a strong mind not to succumb to group influence). As they say "Birds of the same feathers flock together."

So I am curious if group influence can alter very much the supposed traits of a person's natal chart.

For example would a Libra with Pisces Dominated Chart be much more aggressive and fire-like if all his friends are fire people and his parents are Aries? Would that really mellow down if not do away with the stereotypical Libran and Piscean traits?

Would a Scorpio Dominant who's been around nothing but pious monks all his life be far more likely Piscean? Would a Scorpio raised under a militant family exhibit more stereotypical traits of Scorpio such as violent and aggression?

Would a Cancer whos been raised under a Fire familly who are athletes probably become an Aries Dominant personality (even if his chart isn't Aries Dominant)?

And would a Scorpio raised from a hard tribe where GROUP CONFORMITY was necessary for survival become more Leonine?

Krewster

This effect has been more apparent to me aspectually, rather than by sign (e.g., my unafflicted Merc was very much encouraged in my 20's to bloom and apply itself by hanging out with smart people).

Perhaps you have a similar illustration from your chart.