Give up?

Buttercup

I have Chiron, Lilith, and the South node in the fifth house. Am I doomed to a life without love or children? I also have a full eighth house with the Sun, Mercury and Venus in Cancer and Saturn in Leo.

Born July 10 1976 6:04pm Cadillac, MI

starlink

Buttercup, please dont say that. Nobody is doomed to a life without WHATEVER! Even if we do not get children we are still not doomed and love can be found in many ways.Look where the ruler of your 5th house is positioned, which aspects it makes . Mars, the ruler is trining Chiron and Lilith, trining your Moon, squaring your Ascendant.Indeed, Mars is in a so called infertile sign, but it trines the Moon and besides, you have 3 planets in a very fertile sign. Moon in Capricorn could mean " children at a later age", just like Saturn or Capricorn on the 7th house could mean a late marriage.(or marriage to an older person). I dont think you will have many children. Capricorn is limited. The sextile from Mars to Uranus could also show your interest in adopting in case you are afraid you should not conceive soon and it could also mean artificial insimination in some cases.Uranus in connection with the 5th house very often shows either a very special child or an adopted child.South Node is a point where you give out. The 5th house and what it represents is something you are comfortable with, you have been doing 5th house endevours in a past life (at least that is what they say it means). The North Node position is where you have to learn something in this life. So maybe, in your past life your love life went great and there was much focus on it and you probably gave little attention to making friends or value friendship, or you did not work towards a future with all the creativity you seemed to have had. Fifth house-Eleventh house Nodes are conflicts between pleasurable childrearing versus pleasurable social life. Romance versus Frîendship, creative ambitions versus social or humanitarian ambitions.
În other words, you must learn to grow in that 11th house and what it asks of you (this can be seen by the aspects to the Nodes and those aspects are good in your chart.).
Lilith is so little known about, I would not even consider it. I never did, but who knows, I am totally wrong here. Chiron is another one. Many astrologers dont use Chiron at all. But I just read an article about Chiron and there where you find Chiron, apparently, that is the place where we find our exceptional talents. Showing or developing these talents can be accompanied by frustration and pain or very special talent are expressing themselves here after the person has gone through painful experiences. (either in love-relationships, selfexpression or children). Chiron in 5 shows our special potentials related to 5th house themes.
The full 8th house shows that you are incredibly emotional, think and worry deeply about lots of things and that your Ego is strongly identifying with 8th house issues like life and death issues, sex, transformation etc. and you are bound to go through several crisis in connection with these things, that will ultimately turn you into a wiser and more mature (hopefully) person.
Loads of people have Saturn in Leo so that is not a personally affecting influence except when Saturn is ruler of your Ascendant or your Sun/Moon, then he becomes more important. In your case he is the ruler of your Moon if I am right (Moon in Capricorn). I think that your lovelife etc. will improve if you can let go of your fears and insecurities. The 8th house is all about learning to let go. Dont live in the past, dont hang on to things that have no value in your life anymore for the sake of security (Moon in Capr.) Then you will also be able to express your creative side better. Hope you will stop worrying! Cheers, Star.

Buttercup

Star,
Thank you so much for your reply. Interestingly enough, I find my social life and making friends very easy (NN). It is my love life that I struggle with (SN)! I am drawn to older men, so hopefully the Saturn aspects mean that I am just a late bloomer. I appreciate your insight:)
Buttercup

astro.teacher

The south node I have learned should be interpreted similar to that of a placement of Saturn which could indicate children who are of Saturnine quality or the holding back of multiple births.

http://www.antiquus-astrology.com/Saturn.html

The fifth House is also a general house of children, where as the 11th (5th from the 7th) is the specific House of children produced by marriage or between you and your partner. Look there as well. You will also want to look at the Lord of the 5th, what sign it is in and who is the Planetary ruler of that sign. Is that Sign barren? fertile? is the Lord in a barren or fertile sign? These are much more important than a simple point in a house. Learn more about children and the 5th House here;

http://www.antiquus-astrology.com/Chap3-6.html