What am I sick with?

Iced8Ace

Hey all,

I've been ill for some time; the doctors don't know what it is. I'm doing much better now, which I'm thankful for, just some lingering effects. I couldn't help but wonder what the illness is, in case it reoccurs.

Question was: What was I sick with from Oct 2017 to February 2018

I haven't got much experience with health matters, so I am asking for a hand. I'll write down what I saw in this chart:

Mercury is Lord of the hour, the chart is radical!

Querent is L1, which is Saturn, in the 12H, in domicile. I'm doing well.

Saturn joys in the 12H. Moon is in Aquarius, in face, ruling the 7th sign. Moon's in 2nd house.

Mars is a malefic in the first! OH no. L6 is domicile, exalted and in decan, about to change to Libra who is peregrine and going to square Saturn. Mercury is in the 8th house of death... conjunct Sun, who rules 8th sign/house! Oh no.... both are applying to a square with Saturn.

The problem is Saturn receives Mercury in Libra! By exaltation and term (I use Egyptian terms). Luckily, Mercury receives Saturn by term, so I'll be ok, I really hope.

Doesn't the combustion make mercury powerless, however? Do I have nothing to worry about?
Who meets me first? It's Mercury.

Attachments

• WWF.jpg
    WWF.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 88

watcherofthesouth

Could it have been related to poisoning or food poisoning? You may never know (Neptune/mystery at 2nd degree (mouth) in Pisces/poison or disease). Chiron is at double Aries which rules the head - some of it could be in your head or related to your head. Uranus (fast/sudden upsets) is in double Taurus (Taurus at 1 degree). That would indicate food as the culprit.

Saturn and Mars are both at Taurus degree (2 degrees) is making it a slow/painful healing process. You are not able to find out because you could be seeing the wrong doctor (sun/mercury combust in Virgo/doctor/hospital). They may be telling you to eat the wrong food or they are too expensive (Taurus, food/money). Venus and Jupiter in Scorpio concerns me.

Last edited:

Iced8Ace

Could it have been related to poisoning or food poisoning? Pluto is at 18 degrees which is sometimes referred to as an evil degree. You may never know (Neptune/mystery at 2nd degree (mouth) in Pisces/poison or disease). Chiron is at double Aries which rules the head - some of it could be in your head or related to your head. Uranus (fast/sudden upsets) is in double Taurus (Taurus at 1 degree). That would indicate food as the culprit.

Saturn and Mars are both at Taurus degree (2 degrees) is making it a slow/painful healing process. You are not able to find out because you could be seeing the wrong doctor (sun/mercury combust in Virgo/doctor/hospital). They may be telling you to eat the wrong food or they are too expensive (Taurus, food/money). Venus and Jupiter in Scorpio concerns me.

No, it isn't food poisoning. I got sick randomly and wasn't able to move, had a searing headache, could barely help myself do anything etc. That was last year. There's some other stuff that's been lingering but I'm still able to do stuff (which I am thankful for). Don't be too concerned about Venus, she aspects the ascendant. I'm thinking it's good(?), she has a bit of a accidental dignity.

According to Lilly, the disease will increase. Blah. I don't know if anyone can tell me what it is. If I look at Mercury in Libra, and Mars in Aqua, I'm getting heart related stuff. Could someone confirm? That's serious.

As an aside, I realized yesterday that Mercury and Saturn also represent illness in my natal chart---that's really cool.

Iced8Ace

Around early October, the lingering headache I had started getting worse. I became seriously mentally drained, to the point where I couldn't speak or move. My body felt numb and I was stuck in bed. The headache became a "lashing" burning headache. Worst headache ever. I was confused by things that were always very familiar to me. They looked foreign. The fatigue got so bad, I'd have to choose between a shower or brushing my teeth. My brain just couldn't handle it. I couldnt talk, so I couldn't explain anything.

This lasted for a few months, with me slowly building up to being able to do basic things, like eating twice, washing my hair, etc. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't get out of bed somedays.

I was going paranoid, thinking something I somewhat feared as a child was behind me. This also limited my function, because I felt like everything I did was wrong... and I didn't want to make it worse. I have depression and anxiety.

I've done two CT scans and an MRI. All clear. I've recently got my heart looked at because of chest pain over the summer. Its funny, the parts that are mentioned under Mercury in Libra (stomach, bowels, heart) I got checked over the summer. All clear according to the doc.

Chrysalis

With mercury being so close to the sun here, whilst approaching will have been the time you felt like you did, mercurys leaving the combustion now so im guessing your feeling improvement.

Mercury (L6) does only bring short disorder episodes.

You must have had some transit going on in your chart around this time period, have you not checked ?

Abby83

Possible reasons - endocrinology, pancreas/diabetes/hormone changes, reproductive organs. Your anxiety and psychological state may also be affecting your meridians leading to pain, so it can be good to check meridians on the net or see an acupuncturist. Lastly, mercury and sun in virgo, the sign of viruses, stomach, intestines and spleen.

AquaMoonChild

With so much going on in the 8th and mars in the 1st, I might think something rare or related to a blood disorder. I had the same happen. Worst headache ever for months and ended up hospitalized for what they were sure was a stroke. They saw nothing. I couldn't speak without slurring for a month and couldn't bend my knees for a week. My sodium plummeted when they let me out and it was all down hill from there. With monthly flares and recurring infections. Drs couldn't figure it out. Later saw a neurologist up by cleveland clinic and they saw that I did have a stroke and I had a rare autoimmune blood clotting disorder, Antiphospholipid Syndrome. It can cause a blood clot anywhere. I also had recurring chest pain. Astrology lead me to believe that it was a stroke or some strange blood related illness with my nn being aries in the 8th house and uranus transiting my 8th. I dealt with a lot of death during that time as well. 8th can be rare illnesses that are hard to pin down and also can be blood related. If you're getting headaches like you describe and chest pain I would ask to be tested for a blood clotting disorder. Again, I'm just coming from my personal experience. Also, a baby aspirin would probably not hurt.

Iced8Ace

With mercury being so close to the sun here, whilst approaching will have been the time you felt like you did, mercurys leaving the combustion now so im guessing your feeling improvement.

Mercury (L6) does only bring short disorder episodes.

You must have had some transit going on in your chart around this time period, have you not checked ?

I have been feeling better, thanks. It's a problem that the chart says the illness will come back, but worse. They'll probably catch something then.

I haven't checked. I checked some of my Lunar Returns for last year around that time and saw myself in bad shape. The SR for 2017 has a stellium falling into the natal 8th. I'll check this months lunar return and get back to you.

It will take me a while to probe around. Did the doctors rule out a mini-stroke?

During the onset of the first headache and speech difficulties, I saw a doctor briefly in the ER, who seemed to think I was fine. When I returned weeks later, as the headache had worsened, I was told to take tylenol. Was seen by a nurse on two separate occasions. Same advice. At my worst, doctor referred me to a neurologist. Took two months to get in, by then I was able to walk and talk (barely but enough thankfully). I had a CT in 2017 August, MRI in 2018 Feb. Both normal. Doctors don't seem to think it was a stroke; they said I'm too young for it (I'm 23 now, was 22 then).

Possible reasons - endocrinology, pancreas/diabetes/hormone changes, reproductive organs. Your anxiety and psychological state may also be affecting your meridians leading to pain, so it can be good to check meridians on the net or see an acupuncturist. Lastly, mercury and sun in virgo, the sign of viruses, stomach, intestines and spleen.

Thank you for this list. I've got a shoulder issue as well so acupuncture sounds good. I've tested for diabetes, I think my reproductive organs are OK. My stomach/intestine has bothered me a bit; I'll investigate if it worsens.

With so much going on in the 8th and mars in the 1st, I might think something rare or related to a blood disorder. I had the same happen. Worst headache ever for months and ended up hospitalized for what they were sure was a stroke. They saw nothing. I couldn't speak without slurring for a month and couldn't bend my knees for a week. My sodium plummeted when they let me out and it was all down hill from there. With monthly flares and recurring infections. Drs couldn't figure it out. Later saw a neurologist up by cleveland clinic and they saw that I did have a stroke and I had a rare autoimmune blood clotting disorder, Antiphospholipid Syndrome. It can cause a blood clot anywhere. I also had recurring chest pain. Astrology lead me to believe that it was a stroke or some strange blood related illness with my nn being aries in the 8th house and uranus transiting my 8th. I dealt with a lot of death during that time as well. 8th can be rare illnesses that are hard to pin down and also can be blood related. If you're getting headaches like you describe and chest pain I would ask to be tested for a blood clotting disorder. Again, I'm just coming from my personal experience. Also, a baby aspirin would probably not hurt.

I'm real sorry to hear you went through this. I'm glad that you've gotten a diagnosis. Baby asprin HAH, I was taking tylenol up the ying yang. Kidding. I will ask for them to check for a blood clotting disorder, thanks. The headache has gone for the most part, it stopped in February 2018. I get pain in a certain part of my head sometimes... ugh. The chest pain has been coming and going. My hint is I have pulsatile tinnitus. Only problem is I can't get my doctors to take me seriously (I'm 23, 22 then). I may just have to wait till it worsens, go back and ask them to investigate.

Thanks again everyone.

waybread

In medical astrology, the first house rules the head, and Mars often means inflammation. Did the doctors rule out encephalitis?

Please note that I am not a medical professional.

Evana

Iced8Ace... Have you had your thyroid checked?

Please do if you haven’t yet, especially if you have a family history of thyroid disease.

JUPITERASC

I have been feeling better, thanks.

It's a problem that the chart says the illness will come back, but worse.

They'll probably catch something then.

I haven't checked. I checked some of my Lunar Returns for last year around that time and saw myself in bad shape. The SR for 2017 has a stellium falling into the natal 8th. I'll check this months lunar return and get back to you.

During the onset of the first headache and speech difficulties, I saw a doctor briefly in the ER, who seemed to think I was fine. When I returned weeks later, as the headache had worsened, I was told to take tylenol. Was seen by a nurse on two separate occasions. Same advice. At my worst, doctor referred me to a neurologist. Took two months to get in, by then I was able to walk and talk (barely but enough thankfully). I had a CT in 2017 August, MRI in 2018 Feb. Both normal. Doctors don't seem to think it was a stroke; they said I'm too young for it (I'm 23 now, was 22 then).

Thank you for this list. I've got a shoulder issue as well so acupuncture sounds good. I've tested for diabetes, I think my reproductive organs are OK. My stomach/intestine has bothered me a bit; I'll investigate if it worsens.

I'm real sorry to hear you went through this. I'm glad that you've gotten a diagnosis. Baby asprin HAH, I was taking tylenol up the ying yang. Kidding. I will ask for them to check for a blood clotting disorder, thanks. The headache has gone for the most part, it stopped in February 2018. I get pain in a certain part of my head sometimes... ugh. The chest pain has been coming and going. My hint is I have pulsatile tinnitus. Only problem is I can't get my doctors to take me seriously (I'm 23, 22 then). I may just have to wait till it worsens, go back and ask them to investigate.

Thanks again everyone.
For long-term health :smile:

CoconutOil_HealthBenefits.png

Around early October, the lingering headache I had started getting worse. I became seriously mentally drained, to the point where I couldn't speak or move. My body felt numb and I was stuck in bed. The headache became a "lashing" burning headache. Worst headache ever. I was confused by things that were always very familiar to me. They looked foreign. The fatigue got so bad, I'd have to choose between a shower or brushing my teeth. My brain just couldn't handle it. I couldnt talk, so I couldn't explain anything.

This lasted for a few months, with me slowly building up to being able to do basic things, like eating twice, washing my hair, etc. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't get out of bed somedays.

I was going paranoid, thinking something I somewhat feared as a child was behind me. This also limited my function, because I felt like everything I did was wrong... and I didn't want to make it worse. I have depression and anxiety.

I've done two CT scans and an MRI. All clear. I've recently got my heart looked at because of chest pain over the summer. Its funny, the parts that are mentioned under Mercury in Libra (stomach, bowels, heart) I got checked over the summer. All clear according to the doc.
coconut-oilandalzheimerswap-fconference1109-27-638.jpg

No, it isn't food poisoning. I got sick randomly and wasn't able to move, had a searing headache, could barely help myself do anything etc. That was last year. There's some other stuff that's been lingering but I'm still able to do stuff (which I am thankful for). Don't be too concerned about Venus, she aspects the ascendant. I'm thinking it's good(?), she has a bit of a accidental dignity.

According to Lilly, the disease will increase. Blah. I don't know if anyone can tell me what it is. If I look at Mercury in Libra, and Mars in Aqua, I'm getting heart related stuff. Could someone confirm? That's serious.

As an aside, I realized yesterday that Mercury and Saturn also represent illness in my natal chart---that's really cool.
58f069593cdce5486495b39a53ee3392.jpg

Iced8Ace

In medical astrology, the first house rules the head, and Mars often means inflammation. Did the doctors rule out encephalitis?

Please note that I am not a medical professional.

My brain looks fine, according to my neurologist. I appreciate your input waybread, thank you.

Iced8Ace... Have you had your thyroid checked?

Please do if you haven’t yet, especially if you have a family history of thyroid disease.

I think I did when I was sick. I'll ask my doc. No history of thyroid disease that I know of. Thanks for the tip.

@JUPITERASC I use coconut oil! Haven't ingested it though but I've heard of the benefits :) I do need to eat healthier, thanks for the reminder.

I have the same issue

If you do, and you haven't found a diagnosis yet, cast a horary chart. Follow the instructions in the thread. Your question can be something like "What am I sick with?". If you're not sick now but were previously ask "What was I sick with from ____ to ____?" especially if you think it can reoccur.

As an aside, I checked my Lunar Return. Focus will be on my health till the next LR, which is Oct 20th. I look to be fine, besides the combustion (I know what that's about). I think I'll be OK. As for the diagnosis, I'll update this thread with any results. Thank you.

waybread

Iced, I'm still thinking about it.

Question: were you checked for Lyme disease? https://www.healthline.com/health/lyme-disease-symptoms

I notice that you chart was posted for a major city, but even so it has parks, ravines, and wooded areas. Even if you didn't get the classic rash (and not everyone does, or at least, not everyone notices it) a lot of your symptoms seem to fit. Especially if you were out in the country or a forested area just before your symptoms hit.

Lyme disease tests can give false negatives: this happened to my niece who was quite ill with it. But it does respond to anti-biotics.

Mercury as ruler of the 6th house is the ruler of your disease, whatever it may be. The brain is one of the body parts that it rules, along with the first house. This plus Mars in the first house are consistent with headaches. The rulership of bacteria (which Lyme disease is caused by) is unclear. Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book, provisionally lists Saturn plus the outers. Mercury squaring Saturn (your body/overall health) in the 12th might fit this type of health problem.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Iced, I'm still thinking about it.

Question: were you checked for Lyme disease? https://www.healthline.com/health/lyme-disease-symptoms

I notice that you chart was posted for a major city, but even so it has parks, ravines, and wooded areas. Even if you didn't get the classic rash (and not everyone does, or at least, not everyone notices it) a lot of your symptoms seem to fit. Especially if you were out in the country or a forested area just before your symptoms hit.

Lyme disease tests can give false negatives: this happened to my niece who was quite ill with it. But it does respond to anti-biotics.

Mercury as ruler of the 6th house is the ruler of your disease, whatever it may be. The brain is one of the body parts that it rules, along with the first house. This plus Mars in the first house are consistent with headaches. The rulership of bacteria (which Lyme disease is caused by) is unclear. Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book, provisionally lists Saturn plus the outers. Mercury squaring Saturn (your body/overall health) in the 12th might fit this type of health problem.

Lyme disease also fits the picture of poisoning, which someone mentioned up thread. If it's Lyme, it was a tick that poisoned you, and it poisoned you with a virus... but still, that might meet the astrological definition of poisoning, in the sense that you got it through a bite. In ancient times, I expect tick borne diseases (if they were recognized as such) would've been classed like snake venom. As far as anyone could tell, they were both poisons inflicted by the bite of a venomous creature.

Lyme disease also affects the nerves and joints--which, if that's the case, would be represented by the sixth house (Gemini, nerves) and first (Capricorn, joints).

There's some evidence that teasel root (Dipsacus fullonum) cures Lyme disease. An article about it here: https://www.flaatthjelp.net/to-sma-flattbitt/teasel/