Should i go for my honors year

icestar

The exact question is 'Should i go for honors project in analytical chemistry'. I know we shouldn't ask 'should i' questions.. but i really needed some direction here.
astro_2gw_150_shld_i_go_for_hons_proj_in_analytical_hr.46053.16592.gif

I'm Venus, debilitated but angular and in terms of Mercury, lord of 9th of university eduation. I'm not certain if I should use the 9th, since I'm already in the midst of a university education, but just thinking whether i should continue, or according to my question, go for the project in analytical chem. If its projects, what house should I use?

Anyway if we use Mercury, then Venus and Merc makes no aspects. Moon is strong in Cancer and will square Venus soon. Moon rules 10th and perhaps could represent my 'boss' which would be the professor leading my project. I'm supposed to meet him next tuesday for a discussion, and before i see him, I want to clearly make a decision to go with it first.. With no aspects btwn Venus and Mars, but a square btwn Moon and Venus, perhaps I would meet to discuss with him about it, but in the end he rejects me or I decided not to take it.

Any opinions?

natasa812

Dear Icestar, there are many non english members on this site, so, what exactly is this honors project. I also finished University and we also had an opporunity to decide on our 3rd year of studies but we called it a Direction. In the same University there are many different (but similar) directions or area of studies. And the 1st 2 years are ``common``.
Anyway, if the Moon is going to square Venus (you) I would take it as a NO, don`t take this project because square brings obstacles.
I wish I could tell more but I could not undrestand how this project is corelated with your future career (if it is only a project) or, as I imagine, it could be this ``Direction`` but I don`t like to imagine things so I`ll put a dot in here.
Best regards
Natasa

icestar

natasa812 said:
Dear Icestar, there are many non english members on this site, so, what exactly is this honors project. I also finished University and we also had an opporunity to decide on our 3rd year of studies but we called it a Direction. In the same University there are many different (but similar) directions or area of studies. And the 1st 2 years are ``common``.
Anyway, if the Moon is going to square Venus (you) I would take it as a NO, don`t take this project because square brings obstacles.
I wish I could tell more but I could not undrestand how this project is corelated with your future career (if it is only a project) or, as I imagine, it could be this ``Direction`` but I don`t like to imagine things so I`ll put a dot in here.
Best regards
Natasa

Dear Natasa,

Thanks for your reply. The project is research based and compulsory in my honours year. I'm majoring in Chemistry, and the project (sort of like a concentration/Direction) i chose is on Analytical Chemistry. I have an option to graduate after this semester or proceed to honours, but if i do so I'll most likely be getting a 2nd lower honours and it woudn't be sufficient to be a chemist here. Thats why i'm considering, since I dont mind working in other sectors but the problem is what to go into only. However given the current economy, graduating this year isn't that optimistic.

I do think the project will be very tough for me. Actually i'm quite fearful of it thats why i'm asking. Getting tired with chemistry and studies. But interest vs practicality, the honours degree should be better than a normal bach, though by how much i'm not sure. Certainly not alot for a 2nd lower honours.

I realized the question was phrased with focus on the topic of the project, even though what I also wanted to know was whether i should continue my studies after this semester or not... In a previous question though, i asked:

Will Honours be good for me? (as in going onto the next optional year of study)
astro_2gw_142_will_hons_be_good_for_me_hr.49555.14343.gif
I din't manage to get an answer from it though, perhaps too anxious and worried to interpret it properly. can you take a look for me?

Last edited:

natasa812

Of course I will look but I think that in the 2nd chart, the Moon is void, so, nothing will come of it and also, since the question is similar, I think it is better to keep the 1st chart.
Your question (after the explanation) is acctualy is it in your interest to go for it. I think that we should look at the 2nd of possesions and the 10th (your career) and not only your 9th for studies since you want to make something of your Diploma if I understood corectly.
Your 2nd of possesions is ruled by Mars, Mars is in conj. with Mercury (your 9th) and Jupiter - ruling your 6th (every day job), so, for me, this means that certanly, in this case, your possesions, studies and every day job are corelated. From this point, I would say yes, it would be good for you to continue.
Now, your career is ruled by Moon and Moon is also you and the outcome, telling us one more time that this project (or the outcome - to take it or not) is corelated to your future career.
So, it is a yes again, you should continue.
I can not interpret future movements of the Moon because I am new in astrology and I also could be wrong - please have this in mind.
Wish you to take the right decision
Natasa