B

baby_blue9933399

16.02.1984 9pm:30 EET
What means this?
is about my north node, or what?
pls came with a pice of advice!

F

Fogwolf

I don't know too much about nodes, but your true node is your north node. If your north node is in Gemini, your south node is in sagittarius. I think that means you should be trying to stear away from sagittarian traits in general, and trying to work towards more geminian traits.

Also, it would be great if someone would answer this for me: Is it true that people tend have difficulties getting along with people of the sign of their south node?

wilsontc

Staff member
South node connections hold us back

Fogwolf,

If you have a relationship chart with someone and either your planets or points conjunct (energy is combined with) their South node (easy goals, the past) or their planets or points conjunct your South node then the person whose energy conjuncts the other person's South node may hold that person back from their goals in life. However, since we are all so comfortable with our South node (since it is the energy we were born with), it can be VERY comfortable to be around people who add energy to our South node. But if we do this, there is a risk we will become TOO comfortable and not work at developing our North node (future goals).

The effect is similar if a person has energy in the same sign as the other's South node, but if it is not conjunct, it will not be as intense or as limiting.

Nodally,

Tim

F

Fogwolf

Wow. That's weird. I don't get the 'feeling comfortable around the south node' thing at all. I have a personality clash with people of the sign of my south node. I also don't think that I am generally much like that sign, and I don't think I fall back to the kinds of responses associated with it. It's the same, also, with a few of the people I know - those who'se south node positions I've looked into.

As to the rest of it - thanks for explaining that, I didn't know anything about that at all, since I haven't looked at relationship charts yet.

Eanahsti

Fogwolf,

If you have a relationship chart with someone and either your planets or points conjunct (energy is combined with) their South node (easy goals, the past) or their planets or points conjunct your South node then the person whose energy conjuncts the other person's South node may hold that person back from their goals in life. However, since we are all so comfortable with our South node (since it is the energy we were born with), it can be VERY comfortable to be around people who add energy to our South node. But if we do this, there is a risk we will become TOO comfortable and not work at developing our North node (future goals).

The effect is similar if a person has energy in the same sign as the other's South node, but if it is not conjunct, it will not be as intense or as limiting.

Nodally,

Tim

It’s amazing to know that you have been on this forum for quite a long time haha

helike13

Wow. That's weird. I don't get the 'feeling comfortable around the south node' thing at all. I have a personality clash with people of the sign of my south node. I also don't think that I am generally much like that sign, and I don't think I fall back to the kinds of responses associated with it. It's the same, also, with a few of the people I know - those who'se south node positions I've looked into.

As to the rest of it - thanks for explaining that, I didn't know anything about that at all, since I haven't looked at relationship charts yet.

I also. I have South Node in 6th but I'm quite fat and lazy and eat shitty food full of carbs :D

My comfort zone should be work but I rather daydream :D

Vinga

I also. I have South Node in 6th but I'm quite fat and lazy and eat shitty food full of carbs :D

My comfort zone should be work but I rather daydream :D

What's the sign of your South Node?

Generally, the entire birth chart/synastry chart should be taken into consideration. You cannot focus on one aspect only. For example, Venus conjunct South Node can indicate some sort of romantic relationship in previous lifetimes - does that automatically mean those people cannot be together in this lifetime? Not necessarily - maybe they were together and are meant to get together again. Perhaps they are soulmates or twin flames. So you look at other aspects to see what may be going on more in detail.

By the way, I have my South Node in Virgo (service) in 11th house (groups, humanitarian causes). In my past life I was probably a doctor or a healer or some sort of figure responsible for large groups of people. The way it manifests in my life is first of all, anxiety and perfectionism and second, inability to put myself first. So I should finally focus on myself this time around, learn to have fun and express myself creatively (5th house), and forgive myself (Pisces) if I ***** up - like, get rid of that anxiety girl, no large groups of people will be influenced if you ***** up, you're not holding any scalpels anymore. It's a little bit easier because I have Sun conjunct my North Node, but still. So it's a complex topic. :)

helike13

I have South Node in Sagittarius 6th house. North Node in Gemini conjunct Chiron in 11th and Sun and Venus in 12th everything in Gemini :)

Harmelia

When people ask a question about one item in a chart, the answer can never be entirely accurate because you aren't considering the whole chart. That said, you can't just look at the sign and house as if the node is a planet and come up with its meaning. So if you are truly serious about knowing the meaning of your node, it's best to post your entire chart or birth date, birth time and birth city/country, because you might get more satisfying answers. The nodes work together - as opposites - because something of Sagittarius (in this case) needs to be balanced by new Gemini energy.

Generally, we look to the sign of the south node for the kind of energy of the past life. We look to the house for the kind of experience the person had. We look to the rulers of the sign the nodes are in for further information about the nodes. With the south node, we have skills and we have a wound to heal. So we look at negative Sagittarius energy here for the wound and the positive Sagittarius energy for earned skill set or qualities.

Sagittarius negative can be judgemental without even realizing it. It can be overly optimistic and then disappointed with failure because the goals were unrealistic in the first place. Sag can high exceeding high standards - which can be good to a point, but bad when one can't get what one really wants - because the standards are too high - too impossible to reach or find. Sag can be very enthused about something but have low follow through because it has so many interests. It can go from one thing to another thing and not finish anything. It makes conclusion based upon experience that aren't necessarily true, even if Sag believes it. Sag loves to be right and often thinks it is, even when it sometimes isn't. Sag sees things often in black and white - either / or - and doesn't see the shades of gray or other bright colors vying for attention. It loves to learn and grow, expand, and compete. Depending upon aspects from other planets - the Sag south node can be changed in quality and character - as well as where Jupiter is in the chart and its sign. So, this isn't written in blood, but is a place to start.

The Gemini north node helps a person look at the details. If a Sag SN is looking at the big picture only but doesn't know exactly how to achieve his goals, Gemini can help break it all down into steps. Gemini will consider everything while Sag like to think big and either/or terms. Gemini will take a long time to conclude something, a good balance for Sag. Gemini is more flexible, and eager to find the true through looking at details. Sag likes to find the truth too, but negative Sag will make conclusions and stick by them even when there is new information. Gemini thinks more, has more conversations and resists the temptation to make closing remarks. Sag will argue his point until blue in the face. Sag makes the better lawyer.

6th house will be about work and service, health, pets, perfectionism, science, doctors and nurses, aunts and uncles - it's a lot of things. If a person with SN there has an unhealthy diet, that speaks of negative health energy. It's still health. That would be expected even as a real possibility with a SN in 6th with other indicators. SN always speaks of some negativity.

12th house NN will always be saying, it's time to let go, release, let God - it's time not to expect perfection. It's time to relax a bit and not work so hard. It's time to attend to spiritual things - mediation.

Whole books are written about the nodes if you really want to make a study of it. But it's impossible to be definitive without looking at the whole chart - so don't conclude anything by what anyone says here on this forum. It's too complex to talk about briefly.