Does he miss me?

scahm

I was recently suddenly dumped by a man I was seeing - he didn't give a clear explanation as to why he was ending things other than a 'gut feeling that we won't work out long term', unwilling to explain why. I would assume he's not that into me but we were getting quite serious up until that point.

What's strange is how cold he has beMen post breakup with the way he's been cutting ties - it's like I never mattered to him or he never cared. I cast a chart to ask if he missed me and I'd be grateful if someone could help this interpretation:

Him, Mercury, in the sign of my exaltation would suggest that he does but being under the Sun's beams would suggest that his ego is perhaps getting in the way? He recently opposed Pluto - ruler of his second house of ego sitting in his fifth house - I know he's already been speaking to other girls so I don't know if this suggests that he's been looking for validation through others?

I'm uncertain what the Moon's upcoming opposition to Mars would signify.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 10.23.31.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 10.23.31.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 10.23.38.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 10.23.38.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Reception from him/Merc to you/Jup is unfavorable and your two significators make no aspect at all; they are disjunct, so neither of you see eye to eye with the other.
Your/Jup's reception to him/Merc is exaggerated right now and will not be lasting, both because it is by exaltation [which is temporary to begin with] and also he/Merc leaves the sign of Jup's exaltation, Cancer, into Leo.
Then your feelings will lessen a great deal, too.

Moon's next aspect, as indicator of the question's unfolding, is an opposition; an opposition is not favorable. Beyond that, I don't see it having much meaning with regard to this particular question.

Kite

His L7 - Mercury is now in Fall in Virgo - Fallen for someone else - hard to say but not for you as your are both averse to each other those you still exalt him because your Jupiter loves his Cancer.

ElenaJ

Mercury had been in a trine to you, Neptune, but then went to oppose Pluto which caused the abrupt separation and change of situation. Mercury was in your 5th of romance but is about to leave it and enter his 12th of isolation.
Moon about to oppose mars, and being the very last thing it does, involving the 12th houses of both of you, with no reception. This shows a break up, and in areas that are hidden from view.
What do mars and Pluto rule? The 8th house of sex. There were some problems in this area, shown both by moon and mercury.
Notice that Aquarius is intercepted in your 12th, and its co-ruler Uranus is near the cusp of his 8th (turned 2nd). Uranus is in the degree of the ascendent/descendent so this was a strong point for him, but Uranus is freedom loving and kinky, represents your self-undoing. It may be that, with his 2nd of self esteem involved, (your 8th) he didn't feel up to the situation.
You are strong as Jupiter by sign and house, although retrograde so re-thinking things through, and when you turn direct might just have a change of mind.
Neptune is also strong by sign, also retrograde, so you are doing fine and will come around when it goes direct, just like Jupiter.
Chiron in first says Life and Learn!

scahm

Mercury had been in a trine to you, Neptune, but then went to oppose Pluto which caused the abrupt separation and change of situation. Mercury was in your 5th of romance but is about to leave it and enter his 12th of isolation.
Moon about to oppose mars, and being the very last thing it does, involving the 12th houses of both of you, with no reception. This shows a break up, and in areas that are hidden from view.
What do mars and Pluto rule? The 8th house of sex. There were some problems in this area, shown both by moon and mercury.
Notice that Aquarius is intercepted in your 12th, and its co-ruler Uranus is near the cusp of his 8th (turned 2nd). Uranus is in the degree of the ascendent/descendent so this was a strong point for him, but Uranus is freedom loving and kinky, represents your self-undoing. It may be that, with his 2nd of self esteem involved, (your 8th) he didn't feel up to the situation.
You are strong as Jupiter by sign and house, although retrograde so re-thinking things through, and when you turn direct might just have a change of mind.
Neptune is also strong by sign, also retrograde, so you are doing fine and will come around when it goes direct, just like Jupiter.
Chiron in first says Life and Learn!

Thank you all for your responses - they've been very helpful.

Elena, thank you for going into detail. Interestingly, he had come over to hook up shortly after pulling away and that was our last interaction before he finally cut the cord on the relationship. I wouldn't have suspected an issue with the sex however, he had even gone on to mention that he really enjoyed it in his break-up message, and tried to insinuate that he was open to a casual relationship instead - we were both open to doing new things too so I'm unsure about the 8th house/Uranus link. Did he just get bored?

Are you suggesting that he didn't feel confident enough within himself to commit to a relationship with me? He mentioned wanting a long term relationship, but I have been wondering whether it's his insecurities within himself which frightened him away. I'm assuming him being in the sign of my exaltation confirms that he did actually like me?

ElenaJ

"with the sex however, he had even gone on to mention that he really enjoyed it in his break-up message, and tried to insinuate that he was open to a casual relationship instead - we were both open to doing new things too so I'm unsure about the 8th house/Uranus link. "

This is exactly what the Uranus/8th link is all about!

scahm

"with the sex however, he had even gone on to mention that he really enjoyed it in his break-up message, and tried to insinuate that he was open to a casual relationship instead - we were both open to doing new things too so I'm unsure about the 8th house/Uranus link. "

This is exactly what the Uranus/8th link is all about!

Sorry, I’m confused. How does that relate to his 2nd of self esteem? Are you saying that he wanted a casual relationship instead of a committed one because he didn’t have the confidence for the latter?

ElenaJ

Sorry, I’m confused. How does that relate to his 2nd of self esteem? Are you saying that he wanted a casual relationship instead of a committed one because he didn’t have the confidence for the latter?

Could just be.

It is your 8th and his 2nd.
Some men are scared off by sex, or maybe just want that without the relationship.
Having both is a heavy request for their self esteem to handle.