Saturn Transiting 12th House

gatorzone

Hello All,

In October when Saturn goes into Scorpio it will enter my 12th house. For those of you that have had Saturn go through the 12th house what was that experience like? Was it a difficult time? A lonely time?

I recently got a promotion. With that promotion came a 2 hour move to a new city as well. So I don't think it's any coincidence that a month before Saturn goes into my 12th house I am living in a new city where I know no one but my new co-workers.

That is why I want to know if Saturn going into the 12th will be a lonely time?

So please feel free to share your stories/experiences of Saturn transiting the 12th house.

Thanks in advance for your feed back.

Gator

astro_novice

Yes, it could be a bit lonely. I'm speaking based on what I've observed from another person.

Don't think it was anything serious however.

I think Saturn going through 1st & 2nd would be more difficult than 12th in general. It makes you focus on that particular house by offering challenges.

Anachiel

If you are over 30, look back at the last time Saturn went through your 12th and see what pattern was playing out then generally for those 2 or so years. More than likely there will be some similar flavor this time around as well.

gatorzone

Hello Anachiel & Astro_Novice,

Thank you very much for the feedback. Anachiel, yes I am over 30 but I'm only 32 so the last time Saturn went through my 12th house I was 3 years old and it lasted until I was 5 years. I don't really remember anything specific happening during that age. But then again, that is a very young age.

Gator

astro_novice

Looking back at one's own past experiences is usually the best reference, due to the same natal/transit interactions. But in reality, I found out that even for the same person, the experiences can be quite different, the second or third time around for the same transit.

The reason is that one's personal situations have changed a lot through passage of time, and you may not be electing exactly the same affairs in the same house. It will still be the same focus of that house, but it just won't be the same for sure. For example, in 8th house, most likely, a 5 year old or less won't elect affairs in sex, while it's possible to elect such at an older age.

The best way that I've found is to deduce based on your current state, and the given transit combinations. Often looking ahead by 1 or 2 more years will also help. It may give you some clues on the final resolution of your imminent transits, if the affairs are related.

Anachiel

Hello Anachiel & Astro_Novice,

Thank you very much for the feedback. Anachiel, yes I am over 30 but I'm only 32 so the last time Saturn went through my 12th house I was 3 years old and it lasted until I was 5 years. I don't really remember anything specific happening during that age. But then again, that is a very young age.

Gator

Understood, but, if there were outstanding events, like lots of moving or home isssues or school or health for two or so years, at that time, that too is signficant for a very general idea of how it will affect you this go around. Usually, the planets cycle trends that, loosely, can be foreseen time and time again, though, obviously, we learn to use them better with time.

queenfluff

I am going through my 12th house Saturn transit right now. But honestly it isn't too bad - yet. It can't be worse than Saturn in Virgo which was the worst years of my life. I lost EVERYTHING - job and slowly all my money, health problems. My Virgo sun is in my 10th which starts a 5 planet stellium into the 10th and 11th houses. Saturn hit my Sun and Pluto (at once, they are both at 24 degrees) Than Uranus, Jupiter and Mercury. Strangely enough Saturn in Libra wasn't as horrible - although during that time I started to repair things. I did let go of many old relationship (including an ex) but I made new friends.

After being out of work for YEARS, I finally got a new job back in July. So after be restricted for so many years, I now have money and health insurance.

But I AM noticing a period of aloneness so far and the facing of inner "skeletons" (in true 12th house style right?) - bringing up issues I should have dealt with long ago (like my relationship with my mom) - but not sure if these will heal externally but I need to deal with it internally. This started about a year before Saturn actually went into Scorpio though.

But I am also noticing a renewed interest in esoteric interests that were kind of tucked away for a while. After years of being an proclaimed atheist/agnostic - I believe I am revisiting what I am supposed to be doing in this life which is living my North Node (which is in Pisces) - The goal to be more spiritual instead of being too Virgo-y for my own good. :D My natal chart is sneaky setup for making me live my North Node even though it seems odd to me. I am been learning about my natal chart more in the past few years and am reading about past lifes.

But one thing I noticed is that with my new job - my schedule is often too busy to always have time during the week for other things. I pretty much work alone most of the time at the new job so yeah, even though I have had improvements - there seems to be a statement being made "You are to be alone now." - Which isn't anything new to me! I am used to being alone.

I notice if I try to make connections with new people they rarely last. The only people who seem to be finding me are spiritual "inner" types. I think this is to help me work on the 12th house issues but that is just a guess.

I do notice that there is a attempt (and signs) at shedding my inner blockages and parts of my personality that are more damaging than good to me. Shyness, introversion, worry - I am getting alot better at NOT being these things and to be more present. So I guess this is also more 12th house work.

My Rising sign is Scorpio at 23 degrees - late decan. I have heard good things about 1st house Saturn transit and I am looking forward to mine I think. My last one was when I was 14 I guess (I am 43) and I can see some similarities coming up. Dealing with midlife as a women is similar to dealing with puberty as a teenage girl.

Ugh. 2 1/2 years of this - I guess I have to accept that most of it might be alone and I should take advantage of that time to work on the inner stuff that holds me back and needs to be released. Well, it is WAY better than Saturn in Virgo - I will take this any day of the week. :bandit:

appleberry

I just left an abusive relationship when it was going into the 12th and moved to a new city without a job or place to live to get away from him. Yes, lonely and difficult but h1 was harder... And now its in h2, and this has been the most fun :(

queenfluff

A slight update on my Saturn in the 12th adventure. Yep, much aloneness.

My parents were just in a car accident. They will be fine but my dad (Saturn) is still in the hosptial recovering. I heard that many people lose a parent during Saturn in 12th. I almost did but it ain't over yet.

The accident has made me face how life would be like if my dad was gone and I didn't like the glimpse I got. Even though my relationship with my mom has been strained through most of my life, now I am needed to help her recover. She wasn't as badly injured as my dad but needs me to help her around the house while she heals. I am finally feeling like a daughter again after so long of feeling left out like an alien. ALthough, I have Chiron in Aries in the 4th, and I have read that we "never find home." I have to find it within myself I guess. Very hard.

I also Uranus conjunct that Chiron so lots of family stuff that I pushed to the back is resurfacing. Also Mars is in Pisces going through my 4th - again action in the 4th. My "wound" is in the family so I guess this my time to work on it. I am hoping it gets better because the tensions that have always been there for me have taken its toll on me. I think I will always have some problems with them but I feel like they are coming out in the open now and saying "You have to deal with us NOW."

I am interested in what happens when Saturn entering my 1st esp Scorpio Rising. Like I mentioned before, I had Saturn go over my ASC last around puberty - I got braces, acne, ugh... And now, I am going through acne scar removal treatments (I am looking smooth! :D) and my doctor wants me to do Invisalign! Braces again! I don't if I can handle it. Plus I am starting the "change before the change" ladies - it is hell on earth.

Like someone was saying above, if you are over 30, it will have the same FLAVOR as the last time. Haha! Well that is TRUE!!! At least I am seeing it for me. At least, I sort of know what FLAVOR to expect than! :unsure:

astro_novice

I hope your parents get well really soon.

I never heard about losing a parent when Saturn thru 12th, but maybe I'm ignorant. I cannot see the connection either.

Regardless, to answer your question about Saturn thru 1st house, again based on the observation of someone who is very close to me, is not very easy (but not terrible either).

1st house is your body/yourself. Throughout this period, you will get tested on your physical strength. You may feel very tired very often, but won't be lonely emotionally.

I always feel that Saturn's journey through the personal houses are usually more difficult, but it depends on the natal chart as well. It kind of starts from 12th, then 1st, then 2nd. 3rd maybe okay, but 4th may not be easy. But you can look at your Jupiter house transit for the more positive side.

Best luck.

queenfluff

I hope your parents get well really soon.

I never heard about losing a parent when Saturn thru 12th, but maybe I'm ignorant. I cannot see the connection either.

Regardless, to answer your question about Saturn thru 1st house, again based on the observation of someone who is very close to me, is not very easy (but not terrible either).

1st house is your body/yourself. Throughout this period, you will get tested on your physical strength. You may feel very tired very often, but won't be lonely emotionally.

I always feel that Saturn's journey through the personal houses are usually more difficult, but it depends on the natal chart as well. It kind of starts from 12th, then 1st, then 2nd. 3rd maybe okay, but 4th may not be easy. But you can look at your Jupiter house transit for the more positive side.

Best luck.

Thanks! Well, Jupiter is my 7th house right now (Gemini) which is NOT in harmony with the 12th stuff. You would think Jupiter in the 7th house would mean I would meet someone but with Saturn in 12th I am alone time now which no energy or time to socialize - and I don't even feel like it. So no good Jupiter luck with Saturn going on. Plus I have Saturn Opposition right now. I have Saturn in Taurus at 8 natally in the sixth - and everything going on with me now is pretty much that Saturn/Saturn. Jupiter doesn't stand a chance right now.

Well, haha, it is very RIGHT about looking back at that last time Saturn went through 12th going towards my Asc. About a month ago I started Invisalign and a few days ago, I got what they call "attachments" on my teeth and it is supposed to help it in someway! NOW, I feel like I have braces again - Just like last Saturn in 12th/first!!! It will be a whole year I do this. So my whole Saturn 12th transit will be like this. I don't want to smile because the attachments are UGLY!!! In a year, Saturn will be 21 Scorpio and my ASC is 23 Scorpio so I will getting the attachments removed (hopefully) and have a new smile by than just as Saturn enters my 1st house!

Kinda neat to see the timing of these things that you don't even think about otherwise. :D So yep, next year, alone, not much socializing - only when I have the energy which I don't have much of right now.

I notice that my physical strength is already being tested. I uncovered some other health issues which I am working on and I am feeling a bit better but I think it will take a while for recovery so I will have to keep "keeping on" and see. My energy is very limited.

My hope is that I will be a different me (better) by the time Saturn starts all over again in my 1st. I read that the 1st is the new beginning.

My parents are better. My dad is still not back to normal but his health was not good before.

Anffa

Currently I have Saturn transiting my 12th house. So Saturn Square Mars.
In my natal chart my Mars is in Leo.

I have had a very slow start to my work this year. I changed to a new job Mid Feb, but 2 months have passed and I have still not done any real work. Awaiting for User IDs, and this has been a real struggle.
I also have experienced feelings of loneliness, I feel a bit lost and kind of abandoned even, was looking for support but if I want it, I have to really really ask for it and even then I might not get it..

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_anita_hp.53149.5865.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_anita_hp.53149.5865.gif
    50.9 KB · Views: 25

astro_novice

queenfluff,

I'm sorry to say that Saturn conjunct AC is usually not pleasant. For the good things in life, you always need to look forward to your Jupiter/Venus transits, except Venus is too weak. Uranus/Neptune/Pluto trine/sextile transits can be good as well.

You should still take advantage of Jupiter in 7th. House transits are usually more like a background thing. But not everyday of your life will be like that. So even if Saturn says that you may be alone, you could still make some effort and develop some close relationship.

And when it comes to the "power" of planet, Saturn usually overrides Jupiter.

Take care. We all wish better luck to come. It would come for sure, but you will need to be ready to grab it.

Rosie7

You know, this was actually a really good time for me. I felt that this was the first time that Saturn was really out of my hair. Back then, I dreaded Saturn transits having just endured that inordinately long transiting Saturn(10)/Pluto (4) opposition that was t-squaring my natal sun (ugh!), but for 2 years this 12 house Saturn transit was out of sight and out of mind.

Oh and, I found Saturn transits in the first quadrant (1 - 3 houses) to be really empowering which changed what had become an almost pathological fear of Saturn. Specifically, I gradually got a thicker skin: clearer boundaries, stronger sense of who I was and how I operate, more control over my what came out of my mouth. Currently, I am starting to get a sense of some growth as Saturn is moving into my 4th house. I feel like I am getting a better handle on fear, I am feeling emotionally stronger instead of wanting to run screaming whenever change is coming on.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Depends upon:
1: the quality of Saturn (based on the natal chart; whether it is functionally benefic or functionally disruptive, in how it will express its nature)
,,,and
2: the strength or weakness of the 12th house itself, as related to the rest of the houses in the natal chart (especially as related to the ascending sign/1st house)

Saturn transits can be very favorable, they can also be very disruptive, and, equally, they can be-pretty much neutral!!

Claire19

Hello All,

In October when Saturn goes into Scorpio it will enter my 12th house. For those of you that have had Saturn go through the 12th house what was that experience like? Was it a difficult time? A lonely time?

I recently got a promotion. With that promotion came a 2 hour move to a new city as well. So I don't think it's any coincidence that a month before Saturn goes into my 12th house I am living in a new city where I know no one but my new co-workers.

That is why I want to know if Saturn going into the 12th will be a lonely time?
I So please feel free to share your stories/experiences of Saturn transiting the 12th house.

Thanks in advance for your feed back.

Gator
t would depend on what transitting Saturn is aspecting in your chart and whether it hits any natal planets as well. The 12th house encompasses a lot of things but one is a feeling of being isolated or in retreat for sure. YOu may feel like being more alone rather than spend time with strangers. Your job would deal with the 6th house as well as rented accommodations or where you dont have roots or own a house. So if you would like to post the whole chart anonymously then we can comment further.

Everyone would have a different experience with Saturn through the 12th and it depends on their individual chart. For instance a sense of God as the Father and authority over us can be one manifestation and there are myriad.

Erulastiel14

Depends upon:
1: the quality of Saturn (based on the natal chart; whether it is functionally benefic or functionally disruptive, in how it will express its nature)
,,,and
2: the strength or weakness of the 12th house itself, as related to the rest of the houses in the natal chart (especially as related to the ascending sign/1st house)

Saturn transits can be very favorable, they can also be very disruptive, and, equally, they can be-pretty much neutral!!

Well when it enters it will have just hit my Mercury-Pluto conjunction in Scorpio. I'm already feeling that transit. But my Scorpio Sun is in my 12th house so I'm curious how that transit will go.