Why Relocation Astrology makes absolutely no sense.

YonyGursho

I think natal pluto in the 9th is a perfect indicator of changing of one's being in a far away place.

However, to tell if the changing of the self is because of the relocation area or not, you would have to see if the relocation chart has configurations that point to deep changes to the self of it's own, otherwise, we wont be able to tell if the individual has undergone massive change due to some supposedly real "relocation influences" or if it's been merely due to their natal configuration of pluto in the 9th.

katydid

If you are not a novice Astrologer, why have you come recently and asked so many basic questions about Astrology charts. I remember taking the time to answer several of them.

Were you just pretending not to know those things and wasting our time?

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126514

How long do transits last? How can we tell how long each transit lasts?

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126273

Also another question I have is does conjunction mean aligned with as in the planets involved have a particular relationship which causes them to work side by side as a team, or does it mean something else?

Here are just a few examples. Less than 2 weeks ago you were asking about how long transits last and how a conjunction works.

And now you say you are not a novice and you are capable of calling an entire discipline of Astrological Studies worthless, because you think it doesn't work? :unsure:

katydid

"astrocartography enables a person to determine which parts of the natal chart potential will be accented, highlighted, or bought into consciousness in a new location.”

Ok, look at the above statement.

It is clear from this statement that relocation astrology is based upon the NATAL chart. The potential of the natal chart can be highlighted and brought into consciousness by a purposeful change in location.

It is NOT about changing one's natal chart. It is about highlighting particular areas by moving around the globe, specific to the areas you want to impact.

How?

"Lewis knew, as most astrologers know, that for certain life experiences to be activated, the planet related to that experience would be much more effective if it was sitting on, or around, one of the four angles (ascendant, descendant, Midheaven or IC)."

Last edited:

YonyGursho

"astrocartography enables a person to determine which parts of the natal chart potential will be accented, highlighted, or bought into consciousness in a new location.”

Ok, look at the above statement.

It is clear from this statement that relocation astrology is based upon the NATAL chart. The potential of the natal chart can be highlighted and brought into consciousness by a purposeful change in location.

It is NOT about changing one's natal chart. It is about highlighting particular areas by moving around the globe, specific to the areas you want to impact.

How?

"Lewis knew, as most astrologers know, that for certain life experiences to be activated, the planet related to that experience would be much more effective if it was sitting on, or around, one of the four angles (ascendant, descendant, Midheaven or IC)."

Makes sense. I didn't have the time nor patience to read that part in detail.

YonyGursho

If you are not a novice Astrologer, why have you come recently and asked so many basic questions about Astrology charts. I remember taking the time to answer several of them.

Were you just pretending not to know those things and wasting our time?

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126514

How long do transits last? How can we tell how long each transit lasts?

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126273

Also another question I have is does conjunction mean aligned with as in the planets involved have a particular relationship which causes them to work side by side as a team, or does it mean something else?

Here are just a few examples. Less than 2 weeks ago you were asking about how long transits last and how a conjunction works.

And now you say you are not a novice and you are capable of calling an entire discipline of Astrological Studies worthless, because you think it doesn't work? :unsure:

I had understood how that stuff worked deep down, but simply wanted to see other's own perceptions on how it worked.

ardentika

I think natal pluto in the 9th is a perfect indicator of changing of one's being in a far away place.

However, to tell if the changing of the self is because of the relocation area or not, you would have to see if the relocation chart has configurations that point to deep changes to the self of it's own, otherwise, we wont be able to tell if the individual has undergone massive change due to some supposedly real "relocation influences" or if it's been merely due to their natal configuration of pluto in the 9th.

It doesn't have to be a massive change. In a sense we are all here to change and we all have such aspects or planets. We all have a pluto and Saturn and a North node. Planets that denote transformation, maturing and growth. I've been away and I've behaved differently but then you can blame it on my Pisces rising. People are adaptable and always try to fit it new surroundings. Wether its because Libra positions or mutable ones. So it's possible that the relocation chart is like an extension or addition to the natal one.

It's possible some people say that they would disregard the natal one because truly it doesn't change THAT much.

YonyGursho

It doesn't have to be a massive change. In a sense we are all here to change and we all have such aspects or planets. We all have a pluto and Saturn and a North node. Planets that denote transformation, maturing and growth. I've been away and I've behaved differently but then you can blame it on my Pisces rising. People are adaptable and always try to fit it new surroundings. Wether its because Libra positions or mutable ones. So it's possible that the relocation chart is like an extension or addition to the natal one.

It's possible some people say that they would disregard the natal one because truly it doesn't change THAT much.

I get what you mean. Thanks for the clarification, it was very helpful :)

greybeard

Hello, I just wanted to get this off my chest as of lately.

As we all know, the basis for a relocation chart is that when a person reaches the new location, they are under the influence of their supposed "relocation chart", but this isn't even remotelty possible to begin with.

First of all, there is no accessible evidence anywhere that relocating actually puts you under a supposed "relocation chart" or anything.

Secondly, relocation astrology states that when you are at the new location, the relocation chart you now possess and its planetary configurations won't be different than that of your natal chart, the only difference is that the houses will be in different positions than they are in your natal chart.

However, that's impossible for one reason: The positions of houses in your chart are entirely dependent on what the natal configurations are in your chart, because houses are the areas of life, the natal configurations/natal planets and asteroids each are individually devoted to a certain area of your life/house in your chart.

But relocation astrology has always stated that the natal configurations DON'T change anyways, which makes no sense. So clearly if relocating actually gives you a relocated chart, the chart's planets and asteroids will have to be in different conditions than in your natal chart.

Actually, the whole idea behind a natal chart flat-out debunks the idea that relocation charts even exist, too.

Natal charts are binded with your very soul and your very being ever since the instant you were alive, all the way until the instant you die. This is exactly why Natal charts always stand true to the individual no matter what they are to go through in life.

This means that if relocating were to put you under completely different influences then that of your natal chart, it would mean you were under two different charts at once, which isn't possible and makes no actual sense in any way, shape or form lol.

And no, it's not even like the natal chart you have covers you ending up relocating and being under different planetary influences than the ones in your own natal chart, obviously, because you can only be under the influence of one fate, your natal chart is your life sttory. So you can't be under the influence of both a natal chart and a supposed relocation chart.

Sadly, many astologers hold a common misconception, that is that one's natal chart is their "potential" not their destiny or fate, when in reality they're wrong, as it is indeed our fate and destiny. Our natal planets and natal configurations are always binded with us, so of course they control who we are and who we will develop into, until we die.

Now, of course, relocating WOULD make sense if it only meant that you get a new chart, that being the relocated chart, and that chart becomes your only chart, and the natal chart you were BORN with just goes away somehow and is no longer binded with who you are anymore. However, relocation astrology doesn't even think this is how it works.

But again, Relocation astrology states that our relocation effects are seen in our own natal charts (that is, for anyone who ends up relocating), which again, makes absolutely ZERO sense whatsoever.

So yeah, relocation astrology would make sense if it actually used logic in it's attempt at reasoning, but instead it fails at that, as it ignores the basic common sense principle that our natal chart may just be our fate, and that perhaps it cannot be erased or altered in anyway, even by relocating, but instead, it assumes it MUST be possible to change our fate by relocating, when there is simply no evidence anywhere to prove the claim and it's obviously impossible, as:

1. You cant change your natal houses without changing your natal configurations (But relocation astrology flat-out ignores this)

2. You can't change your fate (your natal configurations) unless you bind yourself with NEW natal configurations, but there is no evidence that this can even be done and a lot to suggest it cant be

3. You can't be binded with TWO or more charts, as that would be like saying you've been binded with double the planets and asteroids in a natal chart, which is impossible obviously, as there is only one solar system, and one set of planets and asteroids within it.

Anyways, thats all for now, hope you enjoyed =)

You don't understand how a chart is relocated.

There are two and only two bits of information necessary to the casting of a chart: time and place.

The celestial positions of the moving bodies are governed by time. This constellation determines the energy patterns of the native.

The houses depict surrounding circumstances, the field of action. House structure depends on place.

We can't change our time of birth, but we can change our place of residence. We can seek out places that offer more amenable circumstances for the expression and development of our innate energy pattern. We leave what can't be changed (time of birth -- energy pattern) as it is and cast a new chart using the newly chosen place...but the same UT for time. So the house structure changes but the planetary relationships don't.

In casting a chart "by hand" (i.e., from books of tables, calculated with pencil and paper) the first thing needed is to determine local sidereal time and thus the MC. That takes care of longitude; now using latitude we calculate the ASC, and lastly the derivative houses (if using a quadrant house system). We now have the house structure that allows placement of the planets in the chart in their true orientation to earth.

It is the orientation that changes when a chart is relocated, but not the aspectual relationships of the planets among themselves, for celestial time (expressed as UT) has not changed...only place.

The original birth horoscope continues to rule the life.

In solar revolutions, long experience shows the revolution must be relocated to the place the native occupies at the actual perfection of the revolution. The relocated house structure is the effective one, not the houses at the place of birth.

Last edited:

greybeard

Suppose your client, born in Berlin, is considering a permanent move to Hanoi.

A relocation chart will show how your client's natural way of being (the natal planetary configuration) fits into the new circumstances at Hanoi.

Humanitarian

Relocation charts don't give you new planetary energies - they activate the energies and to strengthen them, especially if the planets which are cadent, succedent become angular when you moved into a different timezone from where you were born in.