Pluto square Pluto

Neptune Rising

Do you have Pluto square Pluto stories?

I am curious to how this transit plays out in people's lives.

In one person I know, their chart has Sun square Pluto natally. They are experiencing Pluto square Pluto now, its not conjuncted Sun yet but has aspected Pluto. They are going through alot, embarking on a course that will change their life as well as having intense power struggles with their ex partner. The power struggles seem to be heading towards a head, seeing it from the outside, it almost seems like some sort of test for them to take hold of their own power.

My Pluto is at the MC, 9 degrees Libra, trine Mercury and Venus, inconjunct Moon and sextile Ascendant/North node/Neptune. The lunar nodes are the most exact degrees, at 9 Gem/Sag with Nep at 10, Merc 11 and Venus 12, Moon 6 Pisces. I've no idea what to expect, something to do with my career maybe. I am working freelance and its picking up, I have a feeling it will pick up more next year, maybe that will be the Pluto challenge to empower myself. My aspects to Pluto from personal planets are by trine so perhaps the transit will be more easier for me, lol it is Pluto though, nothing is so easy there! :lol:

Also, the solar eclipse of this summer was at 9 degree Cancer, interestingly the transiting Pluto next year will exactly oppose this degree. This eclipse degree triggered my natal Pluto and Midheaven and was in my 7th house. I did meet someone who took an unusual interest in my career, a complete stranger who wanted to help me. Nothing has come of that yet and I didn't pursue it as I've been too busy but I'm sure the transiting Pluto will trigger whatever that eclipse signified for my chart...

pudinnpop

Hi neppy!!! I went thro it and during that time my health suffered...I have natal pluto in 3rd and it was sqauring my 6th house..Placidus but in whole sign it was 7th but my health really suffred..its only Now that its getiin better..I had chronic bladder infections,and reproductive issues and then deveopled IBS!!!....ALl very plutonian in nature!!! I looked at my progressedc chart and it seems pluto is behaving and prolly why im feeling better and gettin over stuff one by one!!! Its trined to saturn and mars progressivly..I started eating right and exercising and still doing it and droppin some weight!!

But it was a very very hard one for me!!

MaeMae

Banned
what house is pluto ruling in your chart?
what natal planets occupy those houses?
i like to look at where the power plays are occurring and how the natal planets contained (if any) are utilized.
I had a strange pluto square.
pluto in sag squaring natal pluto virgo from 5th to 2nd.
pluto natural ruler of my 5th, but transiting pluto intercepted in 5th, and no planets in it.
i think i was unaware of anything obvious about it at the time, but in hindsight, i went throug a creative streak and started a small jewelry business and made an extra income for a period of about 2 years. i also had a few over~the~top jealousy fits over a guy i really wanted but was only casually seeing. the punishment didn't suit the crime. needless to say, it went nowhere. i think it was the first time i experienced the complete picture of what it meant for me to feel so helpless and powerless that i would try to force someone to love me. it felt like i wanted to bust thru my skin. but it was aided, i'm certain, by my natal moon pluto square ~ it also created a grand-cross with my natal moon/pluto/nodes (gem/virgo/pisces). the jewelry making was a saving grace during that time. i was able to harness a lot of that energy into creative money-making projects.
again, the house ruled by pluto usually shows where the excavation occurs and where we reveal our inherent survival skills.

Neptune Rising

Wow thanks for the replies Pudinn and MaeMae!

Sounds like its quite an intense transit that really gets to the root of the matter, rooting out all those toxins, behaviours that do us no good.

Pluto rules my 11th house in my chart - social interactions, friendships, networking, money from work possibly... There is nothing in my 11th house but Uranus is ruled by Scorpio in my 10th house. Natally Pluto sits in the 9th house side of the Midheaven cusp. Pluto is transiting my 1st house.

When Saturn entered my 10th house, I completely changed my career. I used to do office work. I've been practicing yoga for 20 years and always wanted to teach it, but only got the push to teach it last year during the Saturn transit and meeting a contact that wanted cover for her classes. A year later and I'm regularly teaching now. I'm also going to be having shortly the Saturn square Sun transit, I've had progressed Moon opposing transiting Pluto and now progressed Moon is heading to square natal Pluto. Feeling the weight of those transits, but at the same time finding the ability to teach with integrity and truth, nothing to hide behind. During the Pluto/Moon transit a few months ago, I came across some oracle cards called "Archetypes and Shadows" to help explore what is unconscious, I realised after that the tr Pluto/prg Moon was exactly opposite.

Maybe, the Pluto transit will be felt personally to me (1st hse) will be felt in my teaching and career areas, my philosophy and public standing, which will affect my social connections, friendships and money from career. Some things to let go of maybe. I'll try and remember this thread this time next year and update it!

Thanks for sharing your stories both :happy::happy:

MaeMae

Banned
I imagine the pluto square pluto with natal pluto on 11th could be a good boost, maybe painful, letting go (more like feeling something's been blown from your grasp). really it is a time for deep cleaning and you could find great psychological freedom if you just let it happen, as it will with pluto anyway.
a time where you drive hard in your aspirations. If there are friends or group associates that have been obstructing, the square might cause you to rid yourself of them or to realize they need to transform into something more in line with your hopes in life. that type of cleaning out is usually more painful with a square or opp to make you really question yourself and test your self survival.

fushiafairy

I love this link.....Thank you. Going through the pluto square pluto transit right now. Have had 3 pass overs and have one more to go.
Intense. I will be back to report more later.

Neptune Rising

Not sure if this is from my tr Pluto sextile n Moon, or prog Moon squaring n Pluto, or Pluto square Pluto coming up... but I had a scary dream last night, very Plutonian in feel. Some people attempted to murder me. I don't think they succeeded and I was mad with them when I realised. Was quite scary though but feels so Pluto-like, I think it indicates a feeling of loosing power (Pluto), being manipulated, some 'negative' traits of Pluto. Lol, it could also be because tr Mars is also squaring my Ascendant. I'm getting a taste of what this Pluto square Pluto may feel like, and it will probably be public for me as Pluto sits at the top of my chart. :pouty::ninja:

Neptune Rising

Thanks for the link to the thread Lightrider, its very interesting to read about Pluto's energy :)

I get a sense of what to expect in terms of power plays. I already have Pluto aspecting my Venus/Mercury and inconjunct my Moon, sextile ascendant, north node/Neptune, Saturn square Pluto, lol, I've had my battles with power in my life. Now I'm more conscious of my reactions, I don't get into the trouble I used to when I was younger.

Oh it sounds exciting! Lol, adventurous Sag ascendant here!:biggrin: I do feel lately alot less tollerant of people to try to take me for granted, take advantage of the soft side of my nature, try to get one over on me. I've been letting go of a few people who I've realised are not true friends (Pluto rules my 11th house). Maybe this is preperation for the Pluto square transit.

Neptune Rising

I have some links on this transit also here

http://astrolibrary.org/transits/pluto-square-pluto.html

http://www.johnrfyfe.com/mooltrikona.com/pluto.html

http://www.wellbeing.com.au/article/features/wisdom/Pluto-and-your-personal-evolution_454

I've had the progressed Moon opposite transiting Pluto, and now face progressed Moon square natal/prog Pluto and its harder the 2nd time round, that is, I'm trying to avoid facing myself again. Finally managed to sit down to meditation this evening after some serious procrastination. Much better though after doing that. Pluto does certainly penetrate into the darkness, the unconscious and the things we do not want to or cannot face, relating to the treasures that can be found in Hades Underworld. I guess its just a taste of the Pluto square Pluto, argh, starting in a couple of months. As I heard from another astrologer this year, you can hear and feel the rumbling of Pluto before the exact hit.

Last edited:
I did not like going through it. It seemed like me against the world. It had long lasting effects, indeed I cannot imagine a time in this life where I will not have escaped it. I grew up, or did I become less innocent at this point?

Neptune Rising

I get the impression its like that, ruthless in a way. I do feel how ruthless the energy of Pluto can be, its conjunct my MC, though I'm only ever really ruthless when companies in the past have 'done me wrong' or not followed the rules properly in my employment.

@neptunerising - thinking about it there was the classic scorpio/pluto get the bad guy thing going on. I was that bad guy for everyone else. This ultimatly lead to power struggle with a tyrant type figure. Whether I liked it or not I seemed to take on a persona non gratis for all about me. - Keep your chin up.

Fragoso

Hello.
This transit sounds like a total transformation in the person's live.
The only persons that I know and have experienced it are my grandparents. Oh and my mother is now having it :pouty:
The house where pluto is in transit will indicate the sector of the person's life that will be affected.

Now that i think, in my case transit pluto in square my natal pluto when it will be conjuncting the cusp of 8th house (leaving the 7th) So it might affect deeply all my relashionships with the closest ones (specially if it is sexual) I wonder if it might bring divorce and a total separion and then meet my soul mate (this transit, in my case will also square my venus - since it conjuncts natal pluto) ... : o

Thinking in the future,
Fragoso

Claire19

Best to post a current chart with transits and progressions on it.
However as Pluto is squaring Pluto from the 9th and the 1st then you will have conflicts maybe with faith, higher learning, ethics, moralities, higher laws including legal matters, your philosophy on life, foreign contacts and travel and your persona or appearance may change radically... Sometimes you appear more intense, wear darker clothing or dark reds for instance and there can be more magnetism or sexual attraction. .. The square is an inner conflict and crises of a psychological nature and you will be different once this transit passes and hopefully stronger... It is part of what was once called the midlife crisis.

Need to watch that your intense energy doesnt attract unwanted attentions especially when abroad or in a college situation and with foreign persons...Just make sure you are not anywhere where you can be vulnerable to sexual attack or violence, just be alert and not alarmed. If you would feel better to carry some kind of weapon then do it.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thank you for the comments all, its very interesting to see other views on this.

My chart is below with transits and progressions. I feel it will be weird as I also have progressed Sun being transited by Neptune, which will be quite a long transit, progressed Moon in the 7th house making aspects, currently square the Pluto.

Claire, I was going to ask that very question which you have answered, so thank you! I was wondering about the transiting Pluto in my 1st and how that could affect me. In the 2nd, it would be money, in the 5th, maybe children or creativity, in the 6th, work or health but in the 1st I don't know. It just affects me? I do feel big changes coming up in my work. I have been teaching yoga for a year now, since September I have some of my own classes, was covering other teachers to get the experience the rest of the time. Its been my dream job for years and years, only came to fruition when Saturn entered my 10th house plus prog Sun trined natal 10th Uranus. I think the 9th/MC Pluto leads me on this path, teaching yoga, meditation and maybe the square will make this change, grow. I have people always asking me about having my own place to teach, which is also a hope of mine instead of me travelling around to teach.

My own natal Saturn square Pluto I think partly leads me to attract quite powerful people into my life, in partnerships, relationships, who I learn alot from. Would this Pluto square Pluto also trigger the Saturn/Pluto as well as the Venus/Mercury Pluto aspect? Even though the transiting Pluto won't exactly aspect them?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Frank

I had Pluto square Pluto in 1997.

I changed jobs for the better and was happily working at an astrology software company at that time, and had good friends and relationships.

Pluto rules nothing in my chart because Pluto is not involved in the rulership scheme.