attraction in this chart?

besitos

I am thinking about a pending meetup for the first time, and felt this chart was interesting. I was wondering if we will have physical chemistry. I used 5th house for the other person, which puts us both as being ruled by mars. The moon is in 8th house which has been called unable to act - it's true i've not yet agreed to see him (he has posed the question/time).

Can we use the venus (7th ruler) in the first to indicate interest in a 5th house chart? I also wonder about the sun in a 5th house chart.

I am pretty sure that we will have some chemistry, but still afraid as I've had it happen before that it didn't turn out as expected.

Attachments

• attract.jpg
    attract.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

waybread

Unless you are looking for a casual love affair, you would use the 7th house as a catch-all for another person.

besitos

thanks. I often see different houses' rulers being used regardless of the question, so it's been a question for me. And the question about the sun, the sun is used as a man's sexual attraction (action as a man) so I wasn't sure how it would be used in a chart where the main question was a 5th house matter.

This question is about physical attraction, but I wouldn't consider us a fling.

waybread

Now I'm confused. Can you restate your question in a clear and accurate way?

The sun is more your identity and sense of self. Insofar as a happy sun has a lot of vitality and confidence, these are attractive qualities. Generally Mars and Venus are the sexy planets, however.

I think the moon in the 8th house can act, but traditionally it is one of the least fortunate houses. The 8th rules the sexual organs, so many astrologers think that the 8th house also rules sex. However, sex for procreation would be a 5th house matter..... so you can see why it's best to clarify exactly what you're asking.

The moon in your chart is in-sect and domiciled, so she's got a fair bit of effective energy. Her next aspect, however, is a square to Mars, which looks a bit stressful.

besitos

thanks, waybread.

I've had a tumultuous road with the man involved in this question. I do like him, but not a small part of what I value about it is the physical attraction, which has been guttural/primal on my end and a key factor in what I am looking for in a man, maybe in life.

The future is unsure, but there is a meeting proposed soon while he is in town, and I have not responded yet to make firm plans. I am worried about disappointment because it has happened before that I've met up with people that I was sure there would be an attraction and there wasn't. The attraction on his side is a factor I am mulling over in order to make my decision. I know he is talking to others but still think we have something distinct and we have had many arguments about why we haven't met up yet over a long period of time (showing interest on some level). So, I'd say the question is if he will be attracted to me in person, and if there is information further, whether it can be said to be distinct - so if there is another person in the chart that he's attracted to, that it's a different quality - perhaps shown by lesser reception, etc.

Mind you, I also considered not seeing him to allow the physical attraction to clear so as to be friends. But, this question was for the physical attraction on his part and its nature (genuine or for sport).

I also genuinely felt this chart was interesting because of the same ruler for the houses I felt were to be used (5th and 1st) and the other players that show up in romance charts.

Last edited:

waybread

Maybe an alternative is to meet him, without placing any energy or expectations on how your first encounter will work out. Wanting too much out of a first date (or whatever) with a stranger doesn't seem like a super idea.

Anyway, I note that nothing ventured, nothing gained. Eh?

besitos

yes, i suppose no matter what both people who are meeting have agency and free will. noone is locked into acting a certain way. But I do think I have evidence of unpleasantness that may arise if things don't go a certain way. It still holds noone is locked into anything, but I am apprehensive.