Zodiac signs aside, what are some great ways to deal with scheming sociopathic people

So there is one sign in particular I know that is predisposed to this sort of thing, Scorpio, but I want to know that all that aside, what are some great ways to deal with these people.

Not in a relationship kind of manner but in a more business sort of manner.

Long story short, I quit a job at my old company with a boss that embodied all the negative traits of Scorpios. He hated that I was the best performer and one of his favorites was not and due to that, tried to make life tough for me so I quit.

Just recently I got an offer from a company that is one of the top in my field where I will be making nearly twice as much, did not use old boss as a reference.

So I do have some ideas of what such a scheming sociopath might try but want to know from the veterans on here what works best against these types.

He might try to stalk me on social media and poison my reputation with a new employer.

He might try to get old coworkers to text me and call me multiple times in order to try and force his way into my life.

He might try to start a passive aggressive smear campaign.

But I want to know what are some ways to deal with this type of personality which are not as extreme.

Ru33erDucky

Banned
Just don't engage. Don't acknowledge their existence. They'll find some other supply and eventually leave you alone.

Your path, your rules. Walk it.

Sagcap88

Cut off contact with them forever. Make sure they can’t find info about you online. My father was diagnosed with ASPD and I barely got away from him alive.

Never underestimate them. They’re always worse than you think. Cut all contact and make sure you aren’t in touch with anyone who might inadvertently pass information about you along to them. Do whatever you have to to avoid them. Make yourself seem as boring as possible; they hate boredom.

Many will move on to their next victim and forget about you in time.

Last edited:
Cut off contact with them forever. Make sure they can’t find info about you online. My father was diagnosed with ASPD and I barely got away from him alive.

Never underestimate them. They’re always worse than you think. Cut all contact and make sure you aren’t in touch with anyone who might inadvertently pass information about you along to them. Do whatever you have to to avoid them. Make yourself seem as boring as possible; they hate boredom.

Many will move on to their next victim and forget about you in time.

Not possible, career is in business so have to have info on LinkedIn. There has to be a way to actively combat this sort of scheming and under-handed behavior, is going to war the only option is what I am wondering.

Ksusha

Unfortunately, I hadn't figure out yet how to protect myself from sociopathic behaviour. I have a sister with sociopathic tendencies. She is also a Scorpio rising. Not a boss, but she did try to ***** up my life many many times including spreading false gossip about me to my friends and people that I knew and ever interacted with, like even my doctor. She would purposely make up some embarrassing stories about me and what I have done that has nothing to do with reality. Just because she knew how that would make me feel like...She could look straight into my eyes and tell me that she just mat my old college friend that I hadn't see for a long time and told her that I become an alcoholic and sold everything from the house and lost a place to live and stuff. While, in reality, I was working hard and advancing my career.

It's all about power and control over me. That's what I figured out. The weaker you appear the more they (sociopaths) will go after you. That's how it works. If they see you reacting, that what gives them the fuel into the fire. So they learn what you care about the most, what makes you happy and what you are afraid to lose. That what they are after. She is my sister so she knew everything about me already. Never show what you care about. Because they will try to destroy it if they are after you. Appear indifferent. Appear strong. Even if that hurts you.

I would also try to look inside yourself and do some introspection on your own fears too. Because when you know what you are afraid of and why and what hurts you, you accept yourself with it and may even release some of your fears. By having the courage to see your own fears as they are will give you your power back. Because what happening is by fearing them we basically giving them that power over our lives. That what they want, for us to believe that they have that power. I lived with that the majority of my life, so I think I'd learn something, I hope.

Still, I would consider professional help too, maybe a psychologist. I am planning to seek help too for that matter. Also if any gossip will leak out or you will find out someone was saying wrong about you, you can and you should confront it to a person to whom it was said. The truth will shine sooner or later