Ch-ch-changes?

ethertwist

Hello,

My solar return is coming up in the next month and I'm trying to piece it all together and decode it for any signs of impending change, preferably of the work/career variety(?!).:rightful:

I feel somewhat encouraged by and fortunate to have the Grand Water Trine of the Summer factor prominently in my SR chart. Although, that's no guarantee that it will yield anything of great import for me personally.

I will attempt to lay out what I've come up with so far and humbly invite any and all insight you might have if you've generously taken the time to take a peek:

*My natal 3rd house is brought to the SR Asc, which I assume will mean the pace of things will pick up and movement and communication will be a big driving force of the year. It's in a Cardinal sign (Libra), so I suspect the "action" will happen relatively quickly into my new solar year?

*My Sun falls in the SR 10th house (yay!), which I can already feel manifesting as an intense focus on wanting to make a job change soon. Mercury is there as well and my mind is firmly fixed and focused on career.

Question: Do I consider Jupiter and Mars to be in th 10th house because they are conjunct the MC or are they still under the domain of H9??

-Pluto is the tip of a kite opposing the MC (and Jupiter) from the 4th. Not sure how to interpret that (?), but I do know that the changes I desire are deep and fundamental.

*The ruler of the SR chart is Venus and she's in the 11th house. I feel this relates more to the hopes and wishes side of the 11th house, rather than the social aspects of it. I've really been hoping for a long time to make some changes, but the time and circumstances have not been ideal. Also, since the 11th house is 2nd from the 10th, I'm hoping that could mean some positive financial mojo coming from whatever work I'm doing.

Question: Venus, the chart ruler, is totally unaspected. Does this mean her influence is weakened or negligible? Does that not bode well for the year since she is the ruling planet? Conversely, is she strengthened because she is left alone??

*The Moon is conjunct Saturn straddling the cusp of the 2nd house. I'm definitely seeking greater financial security this year. I get conflicting messages from this pair as I tend to associate the Moon with fluctuation and Saturn with restriction, but some semblance of stability. Does the fact that this pair is part of the Grand Trine mitigate some of the more challenging potentials? I natally have Saturn in the 2nd house, so that alone doesn't scare me in relation to money/finances.

*My Progressed Moon just recently entered Leo and will be conjuncting my natal Asc and entering my 1st house the week of my birthday while all this SR activity is happening. I've truly felt locked away the past two and half years while the P.Moon was traversing my 12th, now I'm ready to bust out. Does the shift in sign/house/quadrant/cycle signal the potential for any external changes as well???

Thank you all so much in advance!
:happy:

I've included my natal chart, my SR chart, the natal/solar bi-wheel, and my Vedic chart just in case!

Attachments

• mechart.jpg
    mechart.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 28
  • SolarReturn2013.jpg
    SolarReturn2013.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Natal&Solar2013.jpg
    Natal&Solar2013.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 24
  • VedicNatalSolar2013.jpg
    VedicNatalSolar2013.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
For a career prediction look-see, I'd be way more likely to be looking at a Mars Return, than the everything generality of a Solar Return.

ethertwist

For a career prediction look-see, I'd be way more likely to be looking at a Mars Return, than the everything generality of a Solar Return.

Thanks Zarathu for taking the time to reply! I hadn't thought of looking at at a Mars Return as I haven't had much experience working with them, but I'm assuming you're suggesting that because my natal MC is Aries?

I have a Mars Return coming up on June 21. I'll have to investigate it further.

For the sake of the thread, I still invite any and all insights regarding the Solar Return.

Thanks again!
:smile:

Zarathu

Account Closed
A Mars return is appropriate for looking at new ventures and in a more general way for your career issues.

You could do some of the same by looking at your Persona Chart for Mars from your Solar Return. A Persona chart can be made from any base chart. In this case, you would use it to define the new and career issues especially identified in your solar return. You move your Sun forward from where it is in the return chart, to where it exactly conjuncts Mars in the return chart. Then you make up a new chart for that date. If you have a program which progresses forward for rectification purposes, when it makes the conjunction that's your chart. You only look at relationships which involve Mars.

If someone wanted to know about their next year for money, I would use a Venus return. You can also break the return chart down into monthly events or big monthly event period by looking at a new chart for every time the planet(or the Sun) moves into the next sign.

ethertwist

A Mars return is appropriate for looking at new ventures and in a more general way for your career issues.

You could do some of the same by looking at your Persona Chart for Mars from your Solar Return. A Persona chart can be made from any base chart. In this case, you would use it to define the new and career issues especially identified in your solar return. You move your Sun forward from where it is in the return chart, to where it exactly conjuncts Mars in the return chart. Then you make up a new chart for that date. If you have a program which progresses forward for rectification purposes, when it makes the conjunction that's your chart. You only look at relationships which involve Mars.

If someone wanted to know about their next year for money, I would use a Venus return. You can also break the return chart down into monthly events or big monthly event period by looking at a new chart for every time the planet(or the Sun) moves into the next sign.

Very interesting! So to create a persona chart, I would essentially progress the Sun forward to the exact sign and degree that Mars is in in my current year SR chart? What if the Sun is past the degree of Mars? Do I then create a chart for what will be nearly a year from now when the Sun will be at the degree Mars is in in my '13/'14 SR chart or can I simply progress the Sun to when it will be at 2* Cancer this year (in couple of weeks!)? Sorry if I'm not following correctly!

My upcoming Mars Return looks a lot like my SR coming up. They're about 3 weeks apart so I guess that's not too surprising. What does one want to look for when delineating a Mars Return? Just the aspects made to Mars or particular planet placements? Do we read it much the same way as a SR chart?

I'm learning so much...thank you again!
:biggrin:

Attachments

• Mars Return 2013.jpg
    Mars Return 2013.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
YOUR CURRENT MARS Return is when Mars reaches 15Gem5(which is the position of Mars in your natal chart).

But your Persona chart for the Solar Return, is when the Sun reaches 2Can10(which is the postion of Mars in the current Solar Return chart).

I n both of them you are looking for impact to Mars: I would use:

1. the power of Mars, and the friction level of mars,
2. the power and friction level of the house Mars is in, the sign mars is in
3. the power and friction level of aspects to Mars
4. Arabic Parts which impact Mars
5. Asteroids whcih aspect Mars
6. Fixed Stars which impact Mars
7. And since I have my own system(called the Quotients of Astrology), I would be looking for impact of change, creativity/illusion, growth, limitation, Cognition etc. as it affects the chart as a whole and specifically as it affects Mars.

This is probably more than you wanted to know.

Last edited:

ethertwist

YOUR CURRENT MARS Return is when Mars reaches 15Gem5(which is the position of Mars in your natal chart).

But your Persona chart for the Solar Return, is when the Sun reaches 2Can10(which is the postion of Mars in the current Solar Return chart).

Got it!

My question now is, the Sun will be at 2* Cancer within the next two weeks, but aren't I still under the influence of the previous year's Solar Return since my upcoming Solar Return doesn't "begin" until mid-July? So am I therefore progressing the Sun to the next time it will be at 2* Cancer after my next SR begins, essentially meaning that the Mars persona chart I will be creating will have a June 2014 date (when the Sun is at 2* Cancer next year, but still under the influence of the SR chart I'm currently asking about)??

Sorry for going around in circles with this...:w00t:

Thank you for your patience with me!:innocent:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I'm sorry. I have poor eyesight. Normally I use my own software, but I have to read them and they are pretty dang small on my computer. So I don't really know what your charts say, or when your birthday and year and place really is, so you'll have to exptrapolate what I said. I've not take the time to make your charts up on my software.

The personal chart that I gave as an example is for the Solar return where that is the position of Mars in it.

Last edited:

ethertwist

I'm sorry. Normally I use my own software, but since your charts don't include the data to make those charts, I have to read them and they are pretty dang small on my computer.

The personal chart that I gave as an example is for the Solar return where that is the position of Mars in it.

No worries! I totally understand and appreciate all of your help and information. I'm excited to work with Persona charts!
:biggrin:

Attachments

• NATALCHART.jpg
    NATALCHART.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 22
  • SRCHART2013.jpg
    SRCHART2013.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 15