Wealth!

Howl

Hi guys,

I have been away from horary for a while, but today I have a question. I feel a little silly asking it, it's one of those generic horary questions :eek: but indicators keep coming at me in different ways and my life is currently undergoing quite a dramatic change, enough for this to become a more interesting question. It relates to wealth.

Background information. I am not wealthy right now, and don't stand to inherit :p. There are traditional indicators of wealth in my natal chart, if you consider that a factor. Money isn't a huge motivator for me, but hopefully a byproduct of what I want to do in life. I have recently started work in an excellent job with more promising salary scale than I anticipated, and besides this, have started running into and researching examples of people who are entrepreneurs/public figures/leaders/philanthropists/activists, and who command significant wealth in ways that I morally appreciate. I won't accrue wealth through any means that I question morally (ie - speculation, investment in companies with unethical impacts), but recently have been getting a sense that I may end up in a more prestigious, public position that I was expecting, with a moderately high income attached. Something like what I dreamed of when I was small ;)

So, I wonder about this growing sense of mine. Will I become wealthy through pursuing the work I actually want to do?

I'm not excellent at horary, but here is what this says to me:

Pisces ascendant, not too early, not too late. Perhaps reflecting the kind of work I am committed to (humanitarian - I would like to work with the UN, for example) and perhaps reflecting my concern not to make money at other's expense?

Jupiter (traditional ruler) falling in Sagittarius, ninth house, a strong position with essential (sign of rulership/tripicity) and accidental (house of rulership) dignity. It looks like I may be well placed regarding the question, and most likely due to my own Sagittarian qualities, such as having worked and lived overseas and having studied up to postgraduate level.

Now, the moon is in Libra, eighth house. I don't know if this represents my interest in finance and wealth (eighth house issues - especially when concerning wealth gained through partnership) or whether it indicates some accidental debility (eigth house as a house of deceipt/malice?) regarding the question.

Also, the moon could be considered void of course if only traditional planets are considered. The only aspect yet to be completed is an almost perfected sextile to Pluto. I don't know whether to consider Pluto or not. It's in a rather important position, conjunct the co-ruler of Scorpio (Mars) in the 10th house, with both strongly received by Jupiter.

I can see more interesting connections in the chart, but would like to hear some opinions on whether you think it is readable or not :) I would also love to hear any further reading of the chart...what do you think?

Last edited:

starlink

Hello Howl, that is a nice chart indeed!. I would look at Jupiter, Moon, both your rulers and Jupiter also the ruler of your MC. Then Venus as ruler of the 8th house of other people's money, wealth too ,I think. And Mars, ruler of your house of income, your assets. Moon North Node in the 1st, very lucky.
Well, as you can see, Jupiter and MC are one and the same, a very good career position. Moon is indeed making an ingoing sextile with Pluto. I would consider Pluto in this case because it acts as a planet, not as a ruler of something you want to know. Then Venus is also making an ingoing sextile with Jupiter and much later with Mars as well, saying as much as, other people's money, wealth, is going to be connected with your income. But there could also be an element of deception here maybe because Venus has to conjunct Neptune and opposing Saturn retro. Now Neptune is in mutual reception with Uranus so you can do as if Uranus is the planet that Venus is going to conjunct and could be less positive. Something could suddenly be changed (the amount of money) because another person with whom you work together (Saturn in the 6th retro.) could change his mind. Another interpretation could be that, because someone working with you is retiring (Saturn retro) you suddenly get to do more work and therefore your income will increase. I am really just guessing here with this last aspect of Venus. An opposition is often a relationship aspect where things have to be balanced out, one must try to come halfway, be forthcoming with the other to bring things in harmony again. I dont know exactly what the circumstances are at work that's why I am guessing here. I also see you travel more ih connection with your career as the 9th house ruler Mars (Pluto if you take the modern one as well) are both in your 10th house. The 11th house is very busy indeed and could represent your hopes and ideals that might come true for you. I think you will get more money but being wealthy is quite a bit more than that but I guess you could work your way up to get it. Lots of success.

Last edited:

Howl

Hi Starlink, and thank you :D

I will be keeping this chart, and referring to it as I move along...there's too "much" in there for me to grasp if I consider the outer planets (including that Saturn Neptune opposition) but if I don't consider at least Pluto the chart would be invalid...and I feel that it is saying something.

The Moon has completed squares to Sun and Mercury, both in Capricorn, 11H (which represents, according to skyscript: profit or income of a professional endeavour, wishes, hopes, and personal aspirations) So I think that there has already been some challege to my ambitions, perhaps even one that I haven't realised yet (since the moon is in the 8H)? I can't picture what those squares indicate.

Could it be this simple: Moon in Libra (relationships) in 8H (shared resources) square my 10H planets, indicating a trade off...I don't know what will happen with my relationship long term, because he may not always be willing or able to "follow me around"? Could Moon in 8H represent an as yet unrealised emotional loss, especially since the Moon rules my 5H (sex, romance, love?).

The Sun rules 6H and that possibly problematic retro Saturn, not sure what to make of that. It could potentially indicate any limiation in my daily life and responsibiliteis, couldn't it? Such as, living in a restricted or dangerous area, exposure to health risks, limitation through co-workers, or having to adopt extra (excessive?) responsibility...these are all rather likely possibilities because I may end up working in (or to address) crisis situations.

Mercury rules 4H through Gemini (the many changes of residence?? :)) and 7H through Virgo (close relationships determined by work responsibilities?)

As for dual rulers of 9H being in 10H Sagittarius, I will certainly travel in connection with my work, yes. I'm hoping to live in Indonesia next year, and more long term (beyond current job) to work internationally.

Okay, I really need to develop something more systematic regarding horary. I tend to see a whole lot of links and symbolic connections, but have trouble sorting and simplifying, so thanks again for your objective assistance :D

Last edited:

starlink

Hello Howl, it is more than a week later now, I have been busy with work and had no time to even look at astrology! So I am back and had another look because it is an intriguing chart. You wondered wether the Moon had to do with romance. This would be a background (additional information) thing because the question was about money, not about love you see. As a background issues it could indeed indicate something that is in the past (outgoing squares with Sun and Mercury and outgoing sextile with Mars) that has to do with what these planets represent in this chart. Sun, ruler 6, Mercury ruler 4 and 7 and Mars, ruler 2 and 9. So the "problems" you could have had, can relate to either one or all of these houses, work, health, family, partnership and law or traveling. Just try to remember what it could have been. Now coming to the money question, and Moon, your co-ruler in the 8th, it could also have to do with inheritance or money gained through a lottery (5th house!). The Moon is going to make a sextile perfect aspect with Pluto which could indicate a total turnaround or something totally dramatic and unexpected, leaving you emotionally in turmoil, in connection with a person living abroad,or maybe a lawsuit you win or something foreign.(I should buy that book on rulerships because I am sure we could find far more meanings in there) This can be positive because of the sextile (or less positive because the Moon is weak in the 8th house, but it is in the term of Jupiter which again is favorable)This happens quite soon after you asked the question(on the 12th of January). Same time Mars, also ruler of the 9th conjuncts Pluto as well. Mars also ruler of 2, money, possessions.So two strong connections happening at around the same time. I am curious to know what that could be! Let me know!! Also Libra is ruled by Venus, natural ruler of 2 and your Moon is in there. Then look at Saturn retrograde moving towards a trine with Mars and Pluto after that. Saturn is in the 6th house of work and ruler of 11 and 12! and this aspect will come to perfection after the Moon-Mars and Pluto sextile, actually in the same period when the Sun, ruler of your 6th will first inconjunct Saturn and will specifically point at some illness (because of the aspect and the 6th house as well as Saturn being ruler of the 12th of hospitals) and after that with Mercury, ruler of your 4th house, family. Also look at Venus, not only being the natural ruler of money, but also as being ruler of the 8th (other people's money) and the 3rd (neighbors, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts).
Maybe wealth will therefore not necessarily only come through your work, but possibly also through family inheritance. (After all, you wrote that in your natal chart there are traditional indicators of wealth ).

Howl

Thanks guys, I feel so lucky to get this attention for my horary! I think it is an interesting chart. I am going to write a short list, mostly for my own benefit, of what I can now see happening.

1. Moon in Libra (dignified) in 8H (debility)
2. North node conjunct ascendant
2. Traditional ruler of Pisces ascendant (Jupiter) in 9H, Sagittarius (dignified)
3. Jupiter (significator) rules MC, and also Mars and Pluto in the 10H
5. Mars and Pluto co-rule the 9H, and Mars also rules 2H. They are conjunct in the 10H
6. Venus rules my 8H and the Moon, and is applying to sextile my Significator
7. The moon squared sun (11H), sextiled Saturn (6H), squared Mercury (11H) and sextiled Mars (10H). It will then sextile Pluto (10H).

I notice, Starlink, that you continue the movement of both Venus and Saturn in your interpretation, to show that Venus will later conjunct Neptune and sextile Mars and Pluto, and that Saturn will perfect its current aspects. I have previously assumed that since they both move more slowly than the moon (and the moon has less than three degrees before changing signs) that their movement is discounted. Interesting! :D If Venus' motion does continue, I am curious to find out what the Venus conjunct Neptune (where Neptune is co-ruler of my ascendant) and opposition to Saturn means. I am curious about that Saturn itself, in such a weak position (retro and debilitated), and in mutual reception with the Sun in 10H.

Also, I see you've considered a quincunx.
when the Sun, ruler of your 6th will first inconjunct Saturn and will specifically point at some illness (because of the aspect and the 6th house as well as Saturn being ruler of the 12th of hospitals) and after that with Mercury, ruler of your 4th house, family.
I've never considered an inconjunct in horary before, have you found it useful? I have also just noticed that the Sun and Saturn are in mutual reception. I'm not really sure how to interpret it, but I can see that there is some link.

Also look at Venus, not only being the natural ruler of money, but also as being ruler of the 8th (other people's money) and the 3rd (neighbors, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts).Maybe wealth will therefore not necessarily only come through your work, but possibly also through family inheritance.
Yeah, I see that now. The only thing that worries me about this observation is that my parents do not have wealth to leave, that I know of. The only family member I have (who does not have a family of their own to leave most, if not all of any inheritance to) is my twin brother. I would hate to even consider inheriting his wealth as possibility.

The things I do feel certain about so far are that I will have a career based on higher education and further study, international travel and humanitarian affairs, and that it will certaintly furnish my 2H confortably. I think the chart overall shows a positive answer, but perhaps a qualified positive, the details of which are not yet clear.

The Moon is going to make a sextile perfect aspect with Pluto which could indicate a total turnaround or something totally dramatic and unexpected, leaving you emotionally in turmoil, in connection with a person living abroad,or maybe a lawsuit you win or something foreign.(I should buy that book on rulerships because I am sure we could find far more meanings in there) This can be positive because of the sextile (or less positive because the Moon is weak in the 8th house, but it is in the term of Jupiter which again is favorable)This happens quite soon after you asked the question(on the 12th of January). Same time Mars, also ruler of the 9th conjuncts Pluto as well. Mars also ruler of 2, money, possessions.So two strong connections happening at around the same time. I am curious to know what that could be! Let me know!!
I will watch for these, I will let you know :D Unfortunately I didn't specify a time frame, and it's most likely to be over a number of years, so even though the tight orb of aspects indicates it might be "sooner than expected", these events could still be a while off.

Last edited:

Howl

Wait~! I just thought of something! Perhaps the moon is in the 8H in this horary chart because I OWE money! DEBT! That is what it's saying, ho ho :D

The moon, as co-significator of the question in a "wealth" horary, is connected to my finances. It is also sign-ruled by Venus, a natural wealth indicator, and is in my 8H, house of shared resources, or other people's money! I have a fair whack of other people's money.....so daft for not having seen this :p Here's the story:

First the moon squared the Sun (11H), perhaps reflecting the fact that I haven't always had enough money, over the past five years or so, to pursue my aspirations, or actually meet my daily needs (sun rules 6H). I was a poor student with big plans and little finances ;) The moon then trined Saturn, which actually receives it by exaltation. Saturn could easily be a natural ruler of my elderly father (past retirement age), to whom I have owed money since 2002. The moon (finances) also then squared Mercury, which rules my 4H. This could relate to the fact that my parents sold my childhood home, to "downsize" to a more affordable one. My current debts to them are against their new home mortgage.

The moon then sextiled Mars, indicating that my floating parental loan allowed me to meet my needs (Mars as 2H ruler) and also persue broader goals, such as working and studying overseas (Mars as 9H ruler). This has been since 2002, and recently "peaked" when I bought a car on parental finances :rolleyes:

So, I suspect that the past lunar squares are related to acquiring debt, which "goes against" the concept of wealth :p . Given the incoming sextile of the moon the the ruler of my 9H in 10H, Pluto, and the fact that Pluto conjuncts Mars (ruler or my 2H), I am hoping that the new job I have, which involves overseas travel, will allow me to support and repay this debt quickly. Perhaps Saturn retro in detriment represents the two years I will spend in financial pergatory, paying back for the opportunities that my parents have funded, before I can move on to wealth creation (represented by the completion of Venus sextile Jupiter, and also Mars conjunct Pluto/ venus sextile Mars).

Perhaps Neptune opposition Saturn in such a weak position means that my parents could need the money more immediately than I expected? Perhaps traveling overseas through my work is going to dramatically reform my financial situation, and the money I owe, though ultimately in a positive way? I am going to go on a break from this horary for a little while, too much thinking :) I need some space for clarity.

Last edited:

starlink

Hello Howl! It has been a while for me now, been very busy with other things. In the meantime I received the complete book of Lilly and the Rulership book, so I am ready for the attack!! I read for 2 consecutive days, my eyes are coming out of their sockets, but I got to the chapter in Lilly's book about wealth and by what means to attain it.
To first look at the main "actors" in this horary, we see the Ascendant, YOU, being Jupiter in the 9th (own house) and in Sag. (own sign) which could not be better!! So you are strong, very strong. Then you have the North Node smack on the Ascendant, very good as well.
Co-significator is the Moon in the 8th (not optimal) and in Libra (peregrine) and at 27° in the term of Mars,(where it is received by Mars as being the ruler of your 2nd house of income), in the face of Jupiter, (better) so in general, the Moon is weak and could indeed show that you owe your parents money which was difficult for you to give back up till now and also that you are getting support, with difficulty, from your parents. I personally think it is more the Mother who is helping out, maybe convincing your father to do so.
The ruler of the 2nd, Mars! and Mars is in the 10th, an Angle (strong) and in it's own term in Saggitarius (good) and exalted by house (Capricorn house).
It also shows that the income will be derived throught a career and as you are in the 9th, probably a career abroad, or a career involving extensive travelling.(we know that that is true). Lilly says about this position in the 10th that it looks like you will work for a "king, nobleman or in any case a man with a high position and that if the querent is young and of a small fortune, he should learn a mechanical trade according to the nature of the sign of the 10th, which is in your case Saggitarius, for the Heavens intimate he shall do well in his Magistery of Trade if he be capable and fit for it! He could , if he is a man of education get employment of the Comonweatlth in one kind or other. Well, is the job related to a Saggitarian trait? I am curious.
Notice that Mars is going to conjunct Pluto at around the same time that your Moon also is sextiling Pluto, just after you asked the question, so it could well be that you had to travel almost immediately after that time or that, like I mentioned before, something truly revolutionary happened, maybe the car you bought?! but it also points to your studies in relation to earning money. (Mars, ruler 9 and 2!).
Venus, ruler of your Moon, is in it's own face in Aquarius, in the 11th, a good house and it will, also at the same time as Mars reaches Pluto and Moon sextiles Pluto, then Mars, sextile Jupiter. (Venus and Hupiter are "the fortunes", Lilly). So that is also nice. Venus is also going to sextile the cusp of the 2nd house. Also note that the Moon is very soon entering Scorpio, sign of it's Fall in 2° 36', probably in 2 week or month after you asked the question. She will be disposed of by Mars, ruler of the 2nd, so I guess she will be supported or promoted in some way.(you will).
Jupiter however will square first Uranus (showing a sudden event, separation) and then the Ascendant and the North Node. Now as Jupiter is so incredibly strong, I guess that this square is not really going to do any damage, it will probably bring a hectic situation in relation to your career. (again, this aspect with Uranus at the same time as the other hits!!).

All in all it looks good for you. I think you will leave to be a normal employer (Moon separating from Saturn in the 6th) and step up the ladder to become more of a leader in your field of expertise.
You mentioned that you dont expect inheritance. I thought this was a 8th house thing but it is in fact a 4th house thing. 4th house also being the father. In this chart it is Mercury showing the father and the inheritance. Mercury is going to square the Moon, so indeed, that is not a good sign.Also Mercury is combust by the Sun and in the term of Mars. So, both your father and the inheritance possibilities are not too good. Mercury is separating from the inconjunct with Saturn in the 6th. Was your father not well recently?
OK Howl, I would very much like to hear the outcome of all this. Lots of success with everything. Star.

Howl

Starlink! Thankyou Thankyou :banana::69::banana:

I am so excited having read what you wrote. And after two days of solid reading! Lilly isn't easy to read either :p
Lilly says about this position in the 10th that it looks like you will work for a "king, nobleman or in any case a man with a high position and that if the querent is young and of a small fortune, he should learn a mechanical trade according to the nature of the sign of the 10th, which is in your case Saggitarius, for the Heavens intimate he shall do well in his Magistery of Trade if he be capable and fit for it! He could , if he is a man of education get employment of the Comonweatlth in one kind or other. Well, is the job related to a Saggitarian trait? I am curious.
I smiled when I read the word "commonwealth", because the job I start next week is with the the overseas aid program for the Australian government (otherwise known within government speak as "the Commonwealth") and falls under the ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (rather Sagittarian, I think!). So I suppose the "man in high position" that I work for is the Federal Minister for foreign affairs and trade. There are sagittarian traits aplenty: travel, politics, diplomacy, international relations, humanitarianism, idealism (*cough*), and the need to keep one's feet on the ground and eye on true purpose in order to combine this successfully into aid work in overseas locations (without getting all overshot about the *idea* of delivering aid, while failing to actually be of most use to the people who need it).

I have a natal Sagittarian stellium in the 6H with Sun/Merc/Neptune, sextiling a Libran Saturn in the 3H, together forming a Yod to Taurean Chiron in the 10H. This job feels like it was created for me ;)

Notice that Mars is going to conjunct Pluto at around the same time that your Moon also is sextiling Pluto, just after you asked the question, so it could well be that you had to travel almost immediately after that time or that, like I mentioned before, something truly revolutionary happened...(Mars, ruler 9 and 2!)
Um, I am about to move to the capital (Canberra) tomorrow to start work next week? They came and collected my car this morning, and my stuff is already being shipped. I travel a long distance (Canberra is half a day's flight away!) to start work within the ministry of foreign affairs and trade (a 9H kind of job) and at the same time start earning the first real decent income of my life ;)
Jupiter however will square first Uranus (showing a sudden event, separation) and then the Ascendant and the North Node. Now as Jupiter is so incredibly strong, I guess that this square is not really going to do any damage, it will probably bring a hectic situation in relation to your career. (again, this aspect with Uranus at the same time as the other hits!!).
Hmm, I hope the separation is just me leaving home, because I can deal with that. I am Jupiter, I like to leave home :p

My parents are retired, and both over 65. Although I don't know of any illness, I do know that they are seriously thinking about their financial options, and beginning to downsize their spending and their assets. They will need the money I owe them over the following few years, and so I am very comforted with a salary that will allow me to pay them back. I've given myself two years to do it ;). Lucky for them, four of their five children have already flown off to financial independence and are earning well, so they should never want for too much. I told them I would pay for 1/5th of what they need for a good life as soon as I can, heheh :D

Thank you so much for your detailed attention! I felt that this chart was one that "worked", and I appreciate the effort you have put in to help me understand it.

yay! :60:

Last edited:

starlink

Well Howl, it all sounds very exciting and YES, that stellium of yours could not be better for this job!! So indeed you were about to go away at the time of the question. I wish you all the success and good luck for this new job. I hope you can soon pay your parents back! Keep in touch! Star.

astrobhadauria

Dear,
I read by the Vedic Astrology and used chart as per Sayan Calculation,the results are here as per mine mind.
Asc is Pisces and Lord Jupiter in the 10th house.I am using calculation like this method,2nd house is the house of money,11th house is the house of desire or profit,and Lord of Asc and Moon is the thinker and provider of work.Jupiter in the 10th,from 10th Jupiter think for the work from 10th,by 12th,by 2nd,by 4th,and by 6th.
First Jupiter in the 10th house,and this house related to Sagitarious,Mars in the 10th Also.Mars having strength of Jupiter (Knowledge) and giving force to 10th house,1st house,4th house and fifth house.Only one house is making works with 4th house,Also the Mars is the Lord of 2nd and 9th house.Thinking of mind giving by 8th Moon,means there are mind to gains through 8th house,and the full seeing rays going in the 2nd house,it is the house of money.Jupiter giving informations by the making conectivity with 2nd,Moon and Asc lord is main in this chart.In the 8th house the sign of Libra showing the mind in the firm that related to making money through insurences and dealing like brokers,also related to death saving or selling.Also I can say the for the 8th with Libra,business house for the death,making balance of the death,calculating time of death,nature of death informed by the star Venus,and Jupiter having rays to Venus in 12th house,this house giving informations as the house of Journey,making expenditure,giving full predictions of the hidden points like black magic,voodoos,and witch crafts.this house also giving informations of the physical strength provider from paranormal strength.Venus is seeing to Saturn in 6th house,and Satrun giving hidden strength to Moon,Venus,and 3rd house,Lord of 3rd house is also Venus,giving informations about the comunications.The sixth house more important in this chart,Saturn is ruling to 6th,and lord of 11th,and 12th.Saying full meaning like :-
1.Present Job in the company,that have grand positions in market,and related to grand engineering or factories by the coloberations with government.
2.Thinking is going to make more money by the witch craft type work.
3.Other thinking is going to make money by the out side people those are in troubles by the hard work of daily work.
4.This thinking is not in favour,like the lord of Asc Jupiter in the 10th house,here Jupiter in the 10th and helpless.
5.Only Mars giving strength to describe forcely word to others for the making money by the work.
6.When difference with 10th and 11th,and Lord of 2nd with lord of 10th,means only work and eat.not gains for the saving money for the future use.

Attachments

• 12thJan2007.GIF
    12thJan2007.GIF
    33.4 KB · Views: 29