Natal Chart Hoarding Disorganization

Star Searcher

I posted this question in the Horary Questions on Lost Items, but maybe Read My Chart is a more appropriate place.

What is in my natal chart that shows my tendency towards hoarding, clutter, and disorganization?

Attachments

• Star Searcher's Chart with Asteroids.jpg
    Star Searcher's Chart with Asteroids.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Star Searcher's Natal Chart.jpg
    Star Searcher's Natal Chart.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 32

katydid

Your 4th house of home, has the trigger point of a powerful T-square, to the Sun and Jupiter in Leo.

The Sun in Leo loves toys and mementos. Jupiter maximises and exaggerates everything. So putting these two energies together, in the 4th, might create a lot of possessions.

That Sun/Jupiter is squared by the Moon in Cancer in the 12th. That might add in collectibles and sentimental photos, letters, books, etc. Hard to throw them out if they hold memories and feelings for you...

Also, Moon in Cancer opposed Neptune may be unconsciously preparing for an emergency, and hoarding food or water or supplies, 'just in case.' Of course you may need enough for family and friends too...

The square to Neptune adds confusion and disorganisation from the 6th of personal environment? The 6th is one’s daily routine, work environment, important documents, etc.

The Mars in Scorpio adds to the intensity?

Last edited:

Frisiangal

What is in my natal chart that shows my tendency towards hoarding, clutter, and disorganization?

Hoarding is said to be a Moon and/or Cancer 'thing'.
Organisation is attributed to Leo,
Clutter and DISorganisation would make Virgo's desire for neatness, order, and everything in its place close its eyes to it if it wasn't.:smile:

That's where I would look.
I notice that the 3 signs are heavily tenanted, yet there is a small triangle between Moon feelings (ruler Cancer), Mercury (thinking) in Cancer in 3rd house (thought processes) to Pluto (power of will) in Virgo (physical precision and detail) in 5th house (self expression).
Moon and Mercury are inclined to hold on to memories, each in their own fashion. Moon/Cancer can't throw anything away because of the sentiment or emotional security attached to the item(s). Mercury 'remembers' the events that go with the item or situation, whether it's the old bike from youth, relationships, and/or shelf full of books attained through adulthood, etc..

Others may mention how disorganised you and/or your life is. By the same token you could be exactly the opposite, providing them with alternate criticism. Yet within your own clutter and disorganisation you can probably immediately put your hand on anything you are looking for at any time, even if there isn't a square inch of space to be found. Tidy up and you can't find a thing.

There is no planet (trait) expressed through the Air element (intangible mental expression). You could put things down automatically (Moon) without thinking (Mercury) about where you have put them, through which clutter becomes an adverse aspect of character.
Mercury-Neptune in water signs may tend to mental daydreaming, escaping into a world of fantasy that takes it out of the humdrum of everyday living.

Taurus has a reputation for being slow to get moving. Sometimes it turns into plain laziness. A Moon in Taurus may not feel to have, or desire, the physical security the sign needs, so doesn't feel the mood arise to do anything to physically change a situation. With an opposition to Mars (active energy), it may just need to get its act together ...in the manner of a bulldozer ... to do something about it.
There is an aspect of character that may not (believe to) care about the physical life as a result of internal pain it produced.

There appears to be a lot of inherent anger in the chart that remained unexpressed in youth, for which other means of self-assertive energy in adulthood had to be found. Energy can be expressed and used in so many different ways ..... including discovering and directing a manner within one's self to become less cluttered and more organised ... also in feeling, mind and spirit.:biggrin:

Harmelia

I posted this question in the Horary Questions on Lost Items, but maybe Read My Chart is a more appropriate place.

Hoarding is very interesting to me as I personally know two people who are bona fide hoarders - not just disorganized or tend to clutter. Being disorganized is one thing - someone can have a cluttered house and be disorganized or organized in an unusual way - but not be a hoarder.

The two people I know do not have any planets in the 4th house, but one has an earth sign on the 4th and the other has a Capricorn rising with Sun conjunct ASC AND Taurus on the 4th. So, I'm guessing that having significant earth is part of the signature.

Taurus is about having possessions - it is concerned with material security is probably the likely suspect in your chart - as you are a double Taurus. The earth signs are more related to earth plane "things". You also have Pluto, Uranus and Venus in Virgo in the 5th - another earth sign - although Virgo is the more organized and adaptable of all the earth signs. I wouldn't tend to think Virgo would be contributing to hoarding - but Uranus and Aquarius is famous for disorganization. You do have an Aquarius MC - so that could definitely contribute.

The hoarders I know are so specifically focused on something that they say they just don't have time to clean or organize. Their minds are totally preoccupied. One is a farmer and spends every minute working as a farmer. The other one is a special ed teacher and is deaf herself - and she spends every waking moment thinking about her students. I don't know if this is a common trait among hoarders - but - it does seem that being preoccupied with something might be a trait.

Aquarius is a thinker - a lightening speed thinker - the mind being full and preoccupied - the absent-minded professor image - and - its head is somewhere else. I know several people with strong Aquarius or Uranus placements that are very disorganized. Smart, thoughtful, but preoccupied with thoughts.

But I think there's one more consideration. That is Scorpio. Scorpio can be about enmeshment - enmeshment with people or things - we can identify with things as part of who we are. You've got Neptune and Mars in Scorpio.

You do have a little of all the things I would consider contributing to disorganization and hoarding. Do you fit any of these descriptions?

Star Searcher

Harmelia, I'm not sure what you mean by "Do you fit any of these descriptions?" My chart has been posted for everyone to see.

I do have problems letting go of my possessions. Perhaps it is a moon in Taurus thing. Perhaps it is a Neptune in Scorpio thing.

Frisiangal said "there is a small triangle between Moon feelings (ruler Cancer), Mercury (thinking) in Cancer in 3rd house (thought processes) to Pluto (power of will) in Virgo (physical precision and detail) in 5th house (self expression).
Moon and Mercury are inclined to hold on to memories, each in their own fashion. Moon/Cancer can't throw anything away because of the sentiment or emotional security attached to the item(s)."

Perhaps it is an Aquarius thing. Although I am not a professional academic, I am a bit of the "absent minded professor type". Smart and dumb at the same time.

My sister has suspected that I have Aspberger's, but I haven't been properly diagnosed.

Perhaps it's a Virgo thing. I have been diagnosed with clinical OCD. I actually do spend a lot of time cleaning. The problem is that I have difficulty thinking "big picture" or even "medium picture" much to my detriment. So I spend time picking up hairs from the floor, dusting papers, cleaning invisible dirt from the toilet seat cover, removing my dish rack and other stuff from my counter before cleaning, rearranging items into aesthetically pleasing size order, etc.

There are a few items and small areas of my apartment that I keep clean and presentable, but believe me, my apartment looks like a tornado hit it. I can't keep up with my mess, and I have difficulty finding important things.