Transit Saturn Opposite Venus

athenegoddess

Hello,

I have natal Venus at 14 Gemini, and transit Saturn is approaching an opposition now. I have Venus in the ninth house. I recently met someone who lives abroad and I am developing strong feelings for him.. could this be destiny or could it mean it destined to fail?

basically I'm wondering if anything positive has ever come from this transit? Could it represent a strong commitment made too? I have always thought oppositions are much smoother than squares!

Also transit Jupiter is in Libra trining my Venus and conjunct my Ascendant at 12 Libra too..
I would love to know your experiences or view of transit Saturn opp Venus. :)

thank you.

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

I remember when I had this, I was single and was getting a lot of mixed messages from women at large and I kept on bumping into women called Sophie for some reason.

Around the time it was exact, I went out one night and in our group there again happened to be two girls who were friends of friends called Sophie. One was extremely irritating and the other was very nice. The night ended up being a challenge about not letting the irritating Sophie get to me and focusing on the positive one which ended with experiences left me with a smile on my face for some time afterwards.

It turns out that the name "Sophie" means wisdom (a keyword of Saturn) and it was the universe's way of letting me know what the transit was about. And that night was a small embodiment of the transit as a whole which lasted some time. The transit, for me, was teaching me to focus on what I value in women and ignore the irritations that were brought to the surface.

spock

Years ago I was reading a case history in American Astrology or Dell Horoscope in which the author noted that the subject began a longterm relationship "in spite of" a concurrent Saturn/Venus hard-angle transit. Since I had seen quite a few longterm relationships begin during these transits, it occurred to me that "because of" might have been more appropriate. I suggest that the strong feelings you are experiencing are also "because of" your Saturn/Venus opposition. Although they're not usually consciously aware of it, people experiencing these transits are driven by a need for emotional security, a fear of being alone and unloved. Hence they're often actively seeking a permanent relationship, although again this is not something they're usually conscious of. This relationship is neither destiny nor destined to fail. Astrology can't answer that question. Certainly Saturn transits don't automatically or even usually turn out badly. Rather, they often coincide with the individual getting her act together.

Lin

Oppositions to my Venus in Cancer are always negative as at the same time they exactly inconjunct my Mercury in Leo.

However, about you, Athena....what you really want to know is what is happening in HIS chart....if HE is having positive aspects which concern love and romance.....and Venus.
Because you can't make it happen by yourself, no matter how good your transits are.

Therefore, the opp in your chart could be either good or bad...happy or difficult....but not impossible...but for it to be with THIS particular person you would need to have his chart and birth info. (to do a composite chart.)
LIN

Jasmine

I remember when I had this, I was single and was getting a lot of mixed messages from women at large and I kept on bumping into women called Sophie for some reason.

Around the time it was exact, I went out one night and in our group there again happened to be two girls who were friends of friends called Sophie. One was extremely irritating and the other was very nice. The night ended up being a challenge about not letting the irritating Sophie get to me and focusing on the positive one which ended with experiences left me with a smile on my face for some time afterwards.

It turns out that the name "Sophie" means wisdom (a keyword of Saturn) and it was the universe's way of letting me know what the transit was about. And that night was a small embodiment of the transit as a whole which lasted some time. The transit, for me, was teaching me to focus on what I value in women and ignore the irritations that were brought to the surface.

Don't forget that 'So' letter is Saturn's letter. 'So' letter is ruled by Saturn. :)

Lin

Our original poster on this thread seems to have gone. Very Saturnian. However, I really am interested in what happened....what decision was made.

Also: In this age of "meeting" people electronically and not physically, I was wondering if Athene met this guy in person or not.
LIN

athenegoddess

I wanted to come back and tell you guys what has been going on. So he and I planned to meet up and I even bought my plane ticket. Everything was going good until he tried to get time off from work and his boss denied him! So I had to cancel my flight and stay home! We are still talking but authority figures prevented us from meeting. But i feel this isn't particularly bad because I have stronger feelings for him now. We really want to be together.

BTW transit Saturn is square his Sun in Pisces right now. Fitting since Sagittarius governs foreign travels and such.

Last edited:

jkxx74

Premium Member
Interesting, thank you for sharing. This would fit with the aspect and the fact that it's Saturn on the other end with authority figures.

I have had nothing but bad experiences with this transit (thinking of the square because the last one was only 2 months ago) but along with being defined as a sort of threat it can also be a test by making things more difficult so if you are committed to the outcome you'll know it and be even more sure of yourself by the time the transit completes. That is the "positive" side of it in a way.

Erulastiel14

Rob Hand describes this as a time of "crisis in your personal relationships. Love seems harder to come by, and you may cool off toward those who used to be dear to you. Or they may cool off. This is a period of testing old relationships to find out whether they can survive and make a contribution to your life. ... It is absolutely essential to reexamine your relationships at this time to determine exactly your rights, duties and obligations and those of your partner. ... One common manifestation of this transit is to become involved in a relationship that makes heavy demands on you."

One of my BFFs had this transit 3x in 2016 and I predicted she'd have trouble with her long-time boyfriend around this time. I found out last week that I was right. The theme of an opposition is the tension comes from someone else or something else, which forces the person experiencing the transit to make a decision. In my BFF's relationship, she's put a lot into it, hasn't gotten a lot back and naturally feels sad about it. Yet because there are children involved, it's impossible to convince her to leave.

athenegoddess

It just dawned on me that I have Natal Venus (14 Gem) in a wide opposition with Saturn (Sag 28). So this seems a very important time for me as it is my Saturn return. I have stelliums in the 9th and 3rd houses. He and I already said we want to have a baby and live together.. So maybe he is actually the guy I'm meant to be with Because I have Natal Saturn square Ceres exact which I think means the native gives birth to a baby for the Saturn return. These aspects falling in the houses of traveling abroad may mean I relocate there with him. And Saturn in Sag may mean It was destiny for me to move abroad.

Plus his Mars, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune are conjunct my Moon and Neptune. I think this is why we got so close so soon. His Sun is also conjunct my North Node, and my Mars is conjunct his North Node. :)

OlesiEarth

Please can you give an update? We have similar placements...my Venus is also in Gemini..it happens to be in the 9th house..And I have other 9th house placements (jupiter in Gemini)...my Saturn is also in Sagittarius (in the 3rd house) so I too have also been going through a Saturn return..

In my natal chart Venus opposes Saturn (So my
Love life has been mostly non-existent or sketchy until now...)

Like you...I met someone recently who is based abroad and it has also been quite an intense connection. I plan to visit him (for the first time) this upcoming holiday...I checked my transits and transit Saturn will be opposing my natal Venus during the visit!

I'm freaking out a bit here and I'm bummed....I don't want this trip to be a failure..we're both super excited and looking forward to this but now I'm starting to fear if there will be some weird obstacle that will mess everything up during this transit..

I checked his transits and things look good on his end..I don't see any oppositions..nothing heavy like my own..so what could that mean?

Maybe this all could be positive...as I've read it could be a test to the relationship. Is there a difference in experience for someone who has this aspect natally to someone who doesn't?

But it has only just started though! I did a synastry chart and we have several positive Saturn aspects (no harsh/negative ones) which makes me optimistic about the long term aspect of this new budding relationship.

I really really like this guy...and I've been through enough random heartbreaks to where I just want this to work out (for once).

Lin

You know, Athene, sometimes Saturn doesn't represent "authority figures" - or rather, human authority figures. Sometimes it's the GREAT NO. Just as Jupiter is often the great yes.
It's almost a year since you posted - have you met this man in person yet? If not, this is NOT a good sign. Time (also a Saturn word) is wasting away.

I think if he really wanted to see you he would have found a way. I know I would. I know men who would. In fact, one of the ways you know if a man really is serious about you is the lengths he will go to in order to be with you.

LIN