a great quote

waybread

I just found this in, of all places, a medical mystery book by Michael Palmer, The Patient.

"Harboring resentment is like drinking poison and then waiting for the other guy to die."

waybread

Here's another one:

François Rabelais: “If you don’t find the truth with the wise, go look among the madmen.”

waybread

Hi Monk-- My computer thought your linked site was a security risk for some reason, so I found another one it would allow. I had no idea Bismarck was the one who said that, "Politics is the art of the possible," but I think of it frequently when I hear highly idealistic people believing unrealistic campaign promises.

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Waybread,

I've always found Bismarck highly intuitive, he died in 1898, a full 16 years before W.W.1., however before he died he is quoted "If there is ever another war in Europe, it will come out of some damned silly thing in the Balkans!"

He was darkly right with the assassination of Arch-duke Ferdinand, which was the trigger for madness!

Kitchy

Banned
Bismarck ...

Why is this pic so decadent and what is the connection? Just curious....

Attachments

• bismarck.jpg
    bismarck.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 34

Inline

.....these might not be great quotes but they're funny :)

Robin Williams: "if women ran the world we wouldn't have wars just intense negotiations every 28 days"

Billy Connely: "my definition of an intellectual is somone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of the Lone Ranger."

Ronald Reagan: "before i refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement."

Blaze

Account Closed
Lol, Inline, that reminds me of a quote that my dad told me during my early collage years. It's from Robin Williams,

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

Being the a typical male that I am.....it's probably not hard to guess why my dad told me this one. :whistling: