Using Transit to Find Birth time?

Ariesinlove

Hi all. I am trying to figure out what time - or at least what rising sign a friend has. I know his birthdate and the date that his father violently shot his mother, taking her life. I do NOT, however, know what sort of transit I should look for or what house it should be in. Can anyone offer any advice?

spock

Hi all. I am trying to figure out what time - or at least what rising sign a friend has. I know his birthdate and the date that his father violently shot his mother, taking her life. I do NOT, however, know what sort of transit I should look for or what house it should be in. Can anyone offer any advice?
His father shooting his mother, as traumatic as it must have been, is totally irrelevant for this purpose. You need to have a list of events or developments that he caused. Ideally, if he's old enough, you'd want to compile a biography and locate his "obscure period", the beginning of which will coincide with Saturn going over his Asc. Or if he's too young to have much of a history as an adult, you could take a fairly detailed biography for the last three or four years and try to determine when Mars crossed his Asc. There are Mars (and Jupiter) obscure periods as well as the Saturn one. But to do this you have to have a deep understanding (which most astrologers don't have) of the nature of transit effects. There is no magic bullet whereby someone can tell you to look for such and such unambiguously defined event which will coincide with such and such planet on a particular angle.

Ariesinlove

Thank you so much for your answer. That makes a lot of sense. Since I don't know a lot about his early life and I'm not quite sure what you meant by "obscure" period, I will have to figure out another way to find his birth time. I do appreciate your reply. :)