Education Along the Correct Path?

Siinda

Hello All,

I've become interested in looking at my career indicators recently after returning to some basic work on life path and reincarnation indicators. My first graduate degree is about halfway done and I am looking at options for a doctorate. I don't want to take the plunge into something that could steer me away from what would be fulfilling to the soul.

A sticky posted already here led me to a 25 point instructions for finding vocation by Linda Goodman.Sourced from instructions at http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006543.html

I am a bit lost on interpreting it since the top three indicators are absent of planetoids.

1. 0 planets in the tenth house of Leo, MC
  2. 0 planetoids in 9th and 11th houses
  3. Pluto Squares MC & ASC
  4. Saturn is in Scorpio 14 degrees
  5. Capricorn not housed, containing Jupiter
  6. 6th house Aires, cusp Pisces with no planetoids
  7. 0 Planetoids 7th and 5th houses
  8. Mercury is in Libra at 6 degrees
  9. Virgo is 11th house, no planetoids
  10. Scorpio is 2nd house with Venus, Saturn & Pluto
  11. Uranus Cusp of Scorpio/Libra, Neptune cusp of Scorpio/Sagittarius
  12. Venus in Scorpio, 2nd house
  13. Taurus in 8th house, no planetoids
  14. MC (Pluto square); 6th house (none); 2nd house(none);
    Taurus (Mars Sextile, Neptune Sextile, Pluto Conjunction);
    Saturn (Moon square, Venus Conjunction);
    Mercury (Sun Conjunction, Moon Trine, Jupiter Square, Uranus sextile );
    Venus (Moon Square, Saturn Conjunction, Pluto Conjunction)
  15. Pluto 1 degree into Scorpio
  16. Uranus
  17. 4 cardinal, 5 fixed, 3 muted (Independent)
  18. Sun, Mercury, Moon
  19. 5 fixed, 4 cardinal, 3 muted (Leadership in Groups)
  20. Saturn, Pluto, Venus
  21. 0 planetoids in 7th house
  22. Taurus cusp, no planetoids
  23. Venus no aspects to 7th house
  24. Libra Asc, Sun & Mercury (Mars sextile, Neptune sextile, Pluto conjunction)

The interpretation I come up with is really unclear. It jumps from death related careers to law and back. I thought perhaps this may have something to do with working in Museum studies and anthropology which is my current track even though I am completing a education degree at the moment. I'd love to know what others think here. Perhaps these instructions aren't as good as we thought? ( I am using tropical FYI)

Attachments

• BirthChart.jpg
    BirthChart.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 39

gecko

From the sidereal Vedic point of view, Moon rules your 10th (which falls in Cancer). Since you are a Libra Asc, Capricorn (= the original 10th) falls in your 4th. Moon is in Capricorn and aspects the 10th. Saturn, which rules Capricorn and the original 10th, is in the 10th from your Moon; thus it too aspects the 10th. This situation suggests an identification of the Self with the Career, since Saturn is also the atmakaraka - the soul significator - and yet it is quite close to the South Node which, according to the traditional interpretation, is not where the Soul is headed. (It is headed for the North Node.) But your Ascendant is quite a place to be: Saturn is with Venus in the house of Venus! :)

Siinda

Thank You Gecko,

I've actually done a sidereal chart interpretation recently which left me of the opinion that I am primarily meant to be a writer as my chart taken as a whole has a high influx of air which modified the artistic quality of working with the hands. Both styles [Tropical, Sidereal] seem to have a strange polarity toward symbols of death which I actually take to mean both occultism but more importantly academic sciences involving the past like anthropology or history.

Here is a sample of what I found for myself though it is inherently missing that edge of specificity as to a topic of study in career...

Soul type is addressed by the balance of both water and fire in the absence of earth. Confusion may be drawn from the seeming dominance of air however this affects the method of which the life goal should be accomplished. As a ‘Mature Artisan’ soul type in this lifetime, the chart indicates a need to focus on communication and philosophical creation as opposed to physical arts. In concert with earlier concern regarding the south node it is likely that previous lifetimes were spent as dominantly a scholar type soul. Thus as a first or second stage mature it is now the duty of this incarnation to not only create, but overcome the inherent introversion common to scholars. It is also possible that the addition of introversion to this life is a further guarantee of self reflection thus pushing towards self creating arts such as philosophy and writing. It is also possible that a communication and empathetic career would facilitate the needs of this life task. However the introversion will be a difficult step to overcome as it manifests in most likely social anxiety. By the seven roles model, from McLeod, peaks are in the spiritualist, thinker, and educator roles again echoing involvement in occultism and philosophy.

gecko

The attraction to Death is ascribed to the placement of the North Node. It is situated in the 8th house (with the 8th ruler in the Asc, to emphasise the point). With this placement it is not at all strange that you should have occult interests. And academically this might even turn out great given the exalted Mercury in your 12th = meticulously communicating the Hidden (= Occult). For further clarification you may consider checking the placement of certain Arabic parts, such as Death, Fascination, Identity, Spirit, Success, etc.

ukdesifem

I prefer the Noel Tyr and Alice Goodman methodologies. they're similar, but basically breakdown from the MC's sign and rulers.

What is your MC, Leo? If possible, could you post a chart?