Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Solar returns

Solar returns Talk about your experience with solar returns in predictive astrology.

Unread 04-05-2014, 02:01 PM

Solar return full Moon right across Asc/Desc - major life events?

Hi

2014 Solar Return

I have a solar return this year that just seems to be pretty major. The angles are angular and my natal Sun conjuncts the solar return descendant, with a full Moon falling across the ascendant/descendant.

So far, this year started off with an avalanche of events. Cancer rules the ascendant, my mum had a severe stroke that changed her in a big way. This has occupied me for most of the year, plus my work has become extremely busy which in a way is good as it stops me wallowing.

I read somewhere this kind of opposition/full Moon on the asc/desc will give a year where one is able to learn a great deal about oneself through the interactions with others, especially close others (7th). The Cancer rising may also show my mum being prominent.

The SR ascendant also falls in my 8th house, this has transformed my mum completely. Its been a really raw Pluto experience for all of us, especially her. That Pluto strips things down to their bare essential basics, that's for sure!

The lunar returns mirror this solar return almost exactly for a number of months, and so far, those months I have spent time visiting my mum in hospital and caring for her. She lives 6 hours drive away from me so I cannot see her everyday, only through visiting.

I am wondering about the lunar returns which actually oppose the solar return and what they signify. I have included the one for May. If the lunar returns which show cancer rising with my natal Sun on the descendant has been when I spend time caring for and visiting my mum, could the LR that opposes it show a time when I concentrate on myself?

Solar return

Solar and natal

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif

Last edited by Neptune Rising; 04-08-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Unread 04-08-2015, 04:43 PM

Re: Solar return full Moon right across Asc/Desc - major life events?

I posted this last year, I'm only just starting to get to grips with all that happened and all the trauma. I have read that clusters of planets around the ascendant indicate things happening at the start of the year, which in this case they did with my mum's stroke on 31st Jan 14. Uranus in the 10th was a shock involving my mother, although a sextile from Mercury helped. It was mid December 14 when my mum was admitted to hospital again, she was critical, this was when transiting Sun was square to the SR descendant. By January 2015, my mum was out of hospital and on the mend.

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif

Last edited by Neptune Rising; 04-08-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Unread 04-20-2015, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune Rising View Post
Hi

2014 Solar Return

I have a solar return this year that just seems to be pretty major. The angles are angular and my natal Sun conjuncts the solar return descendant, with a full Moon falling across the ascendant/descendant.

So far, this year started off with an avalanche of events. Cancer rules the ascendant, my mum had a severe stroke that changed her in a big way. This has occupied me for most of the year, plus my work has become extremely busy which in a way is good as it stops me wallowing.

I read somewhere this kind of opposition/full Moon on the asc/desc will give a year where one is able to learn a great deal about oneself through the interactions with others, especially close others (7th). The Cancer rising may also show my mum being prominent.

The SR ascendant also falls in my 8th house, this has transformed my mum completely. Its been a really raw Pluto experience for all of us, especially her. That Pluto strips things down to their bare essential basics, that's for sure!

The lunar returns mirror this solar return almost exactly for a number of months, and so far, those months I have spent time visiting my mum in hospital and caring for her. She lives 6 hours drive away from me so I cannot see her everyday, only through visiting.

I am wondering about the lunar returns which actually oppose the solar return and what they signify. I have included the one for May. If the lunar returns which show cancer rising with my natal Sun on the descendant has been when I spend time caring for and visiting my mum, could the LR that opposes it show a time when I concentrate on myself?

Solar return

Solar and natal

Sorry to hear about your mom Your solar return chart indicates a depressing year for you. Your cancer ascendant is activating the 12th and 4th house. Not good at all. Plus 12th house moon is making an opposition to 6th house pluto. Not good................. I can tell your mom means alot to you, hence your cancer ascendant. This year indicates a big loss. I don't use lunar return charts for indicators of events. I use the solar return. You will have more time to yourself when this year is over.
The Following User Says Thank You to keywine89 For This Useful Post:
Neptune Rising (05-01-2015)
Unread 05-01-2015, 09:49 PM

Hi keywine89, thank you. All this happened last year, it was my toughest year. I'm healing from the effects on mind, spirit and body. I'm still very sad because of what happened to my mum, and I don't like to see her suffer, but I'm glad I still have her. I'm coming out of the depresssion that I felt, helped by yoga, healthy eating (as I also gave up eating/living healthy). I did have more time to myself, as you say, towards the end of the year, until my mum went suddenly back to hospital over Christmas. She seems to be healing now, not quite walking yet though every now and then she does a bit, but she seems brighter in herself.

Tags
asc or desc, events, full, life, major, moon, return, solar