Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 05-24-2019, 06:42 AM

attraction to one type of look

I have realized ever since I was a kid, I always had a type of male I go for. I don't know if it is because my first crush looked like this, or even because my ex looked like this. But men that have this look take my breath away and I have a fixation toward them even when I watch them in a show.

I tend to like mediterenian men (Arab, persian, turkish, afghan, italian) who have oval faces and intense eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely find other men good looking, but I would go out of my way for men that look like this even if they are worse looking than other types.

I have sun and mars in capricorn, aries as my descendent, pluto in sag, and lilith in cancer, and venus in aquarius.

An example of this(although there are plenty more you guys won't recognize) is Rob Stark from Game of thrones. There was jamie and Jon who were arguably better looking but it is him that took my breath away.

Unread 05-24-2019, 03:41 PM

Re: attraction to one type of look

If you have your Sun and Mars in the same sign your type should be very defined! Especially with Capricorn being a cardinal sign. My first guess with this placement would be that you also like man who are a bit older than you and very family oriented, well-mannered and diciplined. Having a certain type as you mentioned, could also have something to do with past experiences (even past lifes).

I personally find Rob more attractive as well! (But with my Aquarius Mars I tend to like the unusual...)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheCrow For This Useful Post:
love-thinking (05-24-2019)
Unread 05-24-2019, 10:29 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: attraction to one type of look

It sounds like the people you're attracted to fit some of the characteristics of Capricorn and/or Aries rising, whether or not they actually have Cap or Aries rising. That would fit with the placements of your DC and your DC ruler.

Two different sources I found describe Aries rising people as having "keen" or active, sharp, and bright eyes. One claims that Capricorn rising people have a "dark complexion," while another (our own Kannon) says that Capricorn rising gives a "small ovate head."

Personally, I take all that with a grain of salt. I've never seen a Capricorn rising description that fits me, and I have Capricorn rising, with no planets in my first house or anywhere near my AC to alter the picture. But, perhaps those physical characteristics translate to the characteristics of people you're attracted to.

I would also consider this: when people are attracted to a certain physical type, they're really attracted to the personality they associate with that physical type. If someone says they like "cute, bubbly blondes," or "tall and cultured men," you can really see the personality typing in that. So: what kind of personality do you associate with Mediterranean looks, oval face, and intense eyes?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
love-thinking (05-25-2019), SunConjunctUranus (05-24-2019)

Tags
attraction, type