Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Relocation Astrology

Relocation Astrology For discussions on relocation astrology techniques: astro*carto*graphy, relocated charts, local space directions etc.

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:02 AM

Suburbs

Is there any way of finding out the astrology or even associating a star sign to a suburb? I'm asking this because I'm moving house only 15 mins away and it's amazing how peaceful it is compared to where I currently live. My current neighbourhood is so busy with lots of concrete and little yard. The other neighbourhood is peaceful with lots of nature. I did a horary in the past about the new house and the cusp was in Pisces with Jupiter in libra. That makes sense cos of what I said.

Unread 09-08-2017, 11:52 PM

Re: Suburbs

Within cities and suburbs, there's a lot of variation. Nice places, poor places, average places. Your experience of the locale can be affected by transits and progressions to your chart, e.g. you could be upgraded to a more affluent or serene location around the same area, but you'd still have the same chart if it's 15 minutes away.

I don't really use local space charts, but some people do. They say, among other things, it can effect your experience of your location on a local level depending on the direction of places in relation to the direction of your planets and angles in the local space chart. You can view the directions on astro.com if you go to extend chart selection and select "local space chart" from the chart type menu. Perhaps your new location is in a positive direction from your original place.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoldOrFold For This Useful Post:
Jlynn (09-14-2017)
Unread 09-09-2017, 02:37 AM

Post Re: Suburbs

I don't know your sun sign, Abby, you need to tell us and we can give you advice for a future move. A place can be assigned a sign, like the USA is assigned Gemini and Mexico is Scorpio. My state California is Aquarius (tomorrow is statehood day, 1850). Resort cities like Palm Springs are assigned Virgo. And for retirement places (like nearby Palm Desert), Capricorn, sign of bad/failing health, human aging process and the elderly.

The sign of suburban community living is Cancer, the sign of housing, family and sense of neighborhood. Signs associated with a thriving middle class and the rich, both under degrees of prosperity are Sagittarius and Pisces. And the signs of children are Aries and Taurus (in the life cycle of the zodiac, ages 0 or birth to 16/18, adult age in most of the world - 18 in all states/the USA).

I checked charts for states Utah and Oklahoma - Utah statehood Jan 4, 1896 (Capricorn - in parans chart: Libra) and Oklahoma statehood Nov 16, 1907 (Scorpio - in parans chart: Leo). If you're interested in relocation to states with a Leo or Libra (if you're one, maybe these are the best places for you, depending on city you go to), I could recommend UT or OK, but you can do your research about these states or places within them before you move.
Abby83 (09-09-2017)
Unread 09-09-2017, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldOrFold View Post
Within cities and suburbs, there's a lot of variation. Nice places, poor places, average places. Your experience of the locale can be affected by transits and progressions to your chart, e.g. you could be upgraded to a more affluent or serene location around the same area, but you'd still have the same chart if it's 15 minutes away.

I don't really use local space charts, but some people do. They say, among other things, it can effect your experience of your location on a local level depending on the direction of places in relation to the direction of your planets and angles in the local space chart. You can view the directions on astro.com if you go to extend chart selection and select "local space chart" from the chart type menu. Perhaps your new location is in a positive direction from your original place.
You know what? You may be right. Uranus rules my home in my natal chart and it's about to leave aries (a highly heated, bitc*y, competitive environment) and go into Taurus (beautiful and earthy). It will trine me and my hb in the next two years.

Ill have to look that up on astro.com (what you say). I do know that according to chinese astrology and master tsai, im told that living south is lucky for me, and that's the direction we are going.

Last edited by Abby83; 09-09-2017 at 02:43 AM.
Unread 09-09-2017, 02:49 AM

Quote:

So how do I read a local space chart? I look at the chart and it shows most of my planets on the east side. How would it change according to suburb eg where can you key in different suburbs? I didn't think that was possible?
Unread 09-09-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
So how do I read a local space chart? I look at the chart and it shows most of my planets on the east side. How would it change according to suburb eg where can you key in different suburbs? I didn't think that was possible?
Some people who use local space lines claim that places in the directions of positive planets are auspicious. So you'd look at the location of your new place in relation to your old place's local space lines.

This is not something I use personally so I can't really vouch for it's validity.
Unread 09-09-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Some people who use local space lines claim that places in the directions of positive planets are auspicious. So you'd look at the location of your new place in relation to your old place's local space lines.

This is not something I use personally so I can't really vouch for it's validity.
Oh great. So when I look at the chart saying Adelaide the asc is east in Scorpio, but my new place is 20 mins south of Adelaide which takes me closer to sag. Sag is nature driven so it makes sense. Thanks 😊.
Unread 09-09-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Oh great. So when I look at the chart saying Adelaide the asc is east in Scorpio, but my new place is 20 mins south of Adelaide which takes me closer to sag. Sag is nature driven so it makes sense. Thanks 😊.
Oh, you're in Australia...glad you found somewhere you believe it's right for you. Your profile hinted you're a...Libra (I didn't know until I read it), and I'm an Aquarius. Our ascendants can provide us details on the ideal place: for a Cancer rising (for example, that's me), a place with a strong Cancer essence is suggested.
Unread 09-09-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
Oh, you're in Australia...glad you found somewhere you believe it's right for you. Your profile hinted you're a...Libra (I didn't know until I read it), and I'm an Aquarius. Our ascendants can provide us details on the ideal place: for a Cancer rising (for example, that's me), a place with a strong Cancer essence is suggested.
Hi yes thanks I am a libra. Nice to meets you Aquarius 😊.

Tags
suburbs