Can a person be more of a moon sign person then a sun sign one?

CAREFREE

I heard that if you are born at night time you will be more like your moon sign and less like your sun sign. Is this true?

kimbermoon

As I see it, frequently a person will express more of their Moon sign, than the Sun. I suspect this would be the case for you, since your Moon is backed up by a lot more Scorpio energy, thus that would tend to be expressed more readily. Meanwhile the Sun sits alone and is modified by the squares of Uranus and Neptune. Also since the Moon rules the ASC, you would express more through the water element, which serves to dominate your elemental balance.
I do think there is a traditional rule that speaks about this differentiation between the Sun and the Moon, but there are also other things to factor in.

JUPITERASC

I heard that if you are born at night time you will be more like your moon sign and less like your sun sign.

Is this true?
Not necessarily because each natal chart is individual

HELLENISTIC astrology is different from Medieval astrology :smile:

and

According to HELLENISTIC astrology:

For a night birth Moon, Venus and Mars are 'in sect'
and
For a day birth Sun, Jupiter and Saturn are 'in sect'

FAQ SECT http://www.projecthindsight.com/

To be in Sect, the Sun must be above the horizon
The Sun can only be above the horizon in a Day/diurnal Chart

The Moon in a Night Chart may be in Sect either above or below the horizon

- that's because the Sun determines Diurnal/Nocturnal

(a) The Sun is always in Sect in a Day Chart

(b) The Moon is always in Sect in a Night Chart

ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS

1.) In a diurnal chart the diurnal planets are happier in the upper hemisphere with the Sun (hayz)
as that would be more natural for those planets.
The diurnal planets are Sun, Jupiter and Saturn.

If any diurnal planets in a diurnal chart are in the lower hemisphere/below the Ascendant/Descendant axis
then although they are in sect,
nevertheless they are considered slightly out of sect and more nocturnal in nature (halb).

If the nocturnal planets in a diurnal chart are below the horizon, although they are out of sect they are still in hayz and so more natural -
but nocturnal planets that are above the horizon in a diurnal chart are situated contrary to their nature (halb).

2.) In a nocturnal chart the nocturnal planets are happier in the upper hemisphere away from the Sun (hayz).

Any nocturnal planets in the lower hemisphere in a nocturnal chart are still in sect
but are considered slightly out of sect and more diurnal in nature (halb).

If the diurnal planets in a nocturnal chart are below the horizon they are also hayz, so a little more natural
but if they are above the horizon they are situated contrary to their nature nature (halb).

So far as HELLENISTIC astrology is concerned:

(a) the Sun alone determines Day and Night.

(b) the Sun can only be above the horizon in a Day Chart

(c) the Moon is always out of Sect when the Sun is above the horizon (Diurnal/Day Chart)

(d) the Moon is always in Sect when the Sun is below the horizon (Nocturnal/Night Chart)

(e) therefore if the Sun is below the horizon it is a Nocturnal/Night Chart

and

(f) therefore in a Nocturnal/Night Chart the Moon is in Sect whether above or below the Horizon

diurnal = day
nocturnal = night

(a) when above the horizon the Sun is in the upper hemisphere = Day/diurnal

(b) when below the horizon the Sun is in the lower hemisphere = Night/nocturnal

therefore

(c) the Moon is in Sect in a Night Chart irrespective of hemisphere and/or horizon

Hellenistic astrology states that the Sun is always in sect in a day/diurnal chart
and obviously then out of sect in a night/nocturnal chart

However keep in mind that Medieval astrology has slightly different rules on this matter :smile:

link to an explanation of sect
http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/2...ology-of-sect/