Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 12-12-2019, 08:59 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
I don't understand the question.
In the O.T., Satan was an angel working for God as His "prosecuting attorney".
In the N.T., Satan is the Adversary against God's Creation.

Unread 12-12-2019, 09:14 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
In the O.T., Satan was an angel working for God as His "prosecuting attorney".
In the N.T., Satan is the Adversary against God's Creation.
You realize that ha-satan means ''the adversary'' in Hebrew right? I don't see the difference between Satan in Job and Satan in the New Testament.
Unread 12-12-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
You realize that ha-satan means ''the adversary'' in Hebrew right? I don't see the difference between Satan in Job and Satan in the New Testament.
Satan is working for God in the O.T., and against Him in the N.T.
Unread 12-12-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Satan is working for God in the O.T., and against Him in the N.T.
He works for him as adversary for his people.
Unread 12-12-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
He works for him as adversary for his people.
You mean Satan puts everyone to the test for God, to see if they measure up to God's standards?
Unread 12-12-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
You mean Satan puts everyone to the test for God, to see if they measure up to God's standards?
Yes, only Jesus has measured up to God's standards. That is why God raised him from the dead, and gave him all authority in heaven and earth.
Unread 12-12-2019, 10:12 AM

Do you believe in absolutely Free Will?
Unread 12-12-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Do you believe in absolutely Free Will?
Philosophically, it doesn't make sense, there are causes everywhere. Theologically, it doesn't make much sense either, God alone is absolute. Practically, it doesn't make a difference if it is absolute or just practical, and God has granted us the latter.
Unread 12-12-2019, 10:30 AM

Bible says this - somethings are predetermined before the foundation of the world - like the Messiah and his kingdom. Other things are left to our rational choice - people could choose the Lord or Baal - 1 Kings 18:21.
Unread 12-12-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Bible says this - somethings are predetermined before the foundation of the world - like the Messiah and his kingdom. Other things are left to our rational choice - people could choose the Lord or Baal - 1 Kings 18:21.
I would say, people could be CAUSED to "choose" .
Unread 12-12-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I would say, people could be CAUSED to "choose" .
Previous choices always influence the latter. That is why the Bible says to stay away even from the appearance of evil.
Unread 12-12-2019, 10:59 AM

@Osa

Said poster could easily respond to our disparaging comments. They are public domain. There has been similar sort of posting in this thread, but no mod action. Why the inconsistency?

I started a lot of important business during the last retrograde period. Signed a couple of contracts, too. Only one of the many partnerships have fell through from that time, but others are still going strong. In the world we live in, a lot happens in one month. I don't think it's realistic to stop activity because of the Mercury transit
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
petosiris (12-12-2019)
Unread 12-12-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
@Osa

Said poster could easily respond to our disparaging comments. They are public domain. There has been similar sort of posting in this thread, but no mod action. Why the inconsistency?

I started a lot of important business during the last retrograde period. Signed a couple of contracts, too. Only one of the many partnerships have fell through from that time, but others are still going strong. In the world we live in, a lot happens in one month. I don't think it's realistic to stop activity because of the Mercury transit
My faith in astrologers has been restored.
Unread 12-12-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Why can't people choose a moral code, like say the Golden Rule instead of a master?
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 12-12-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Why can't people choose a moral code, like say the Golden Rule instead of a master?
Because we are limited creatures that will never be lords as false religions will have it. A simple look at the vastness of the universe and reasoning will immediately humble people before the Creator - Romans 1.
Unread 12-12-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Because we are limited creatures that will never be lords as false religions will have it. A simple look at the vastness of the universe and reasoning will immediately humble people before the Creator - Romans 1.

I didn't say anything about being a lord. It's about free will. Everyone should have free will.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 12-12-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I didn't say anything about being a lord. It's about free will. Everyone should have free will.
No, you said

Quote:
We are either slaves to God, or we aren't, in that case we are slaves to evil. We choose in either case.
Unread 12-12-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
I agree with petosiris - code, a rigid instrument designed for the human mind, would never be able to approximate a vast, dynamic entity.
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
petosiris (12-12-2019)
Unread 12-12-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
No, you said

We are either slaves to God, or we aren't, in that case we are slaves to evil. We choose in either case.

So you think The Golden Rule is evil?

Unread 12-12-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
I agree with petosiris - code, a rigid instrument designed for the human mind, would never be able to approximate a vast, dynamic entity.

Provided one associates "God" as everything and everything as "God". OT, NT and the Quran do not assert such a philosophy.

Unread 12-12-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
So you think The Golden Rule is evil?
The most golden rule, or rather commandment, is to love God, from this comes the love of the neighbour, and from these, all the rest of godly ethical codes.
Unread 12-12-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
The most golden rule, or rather commandment, is to love God, from this comes the love of the neighbour, and from these, all the rest of godly ethical codes.

O.K. your just here to preach your personal view, not discuss. I'm putting you on ignore.

Unread 12-12-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Provided one associates "God" as everything and everything as "God". OT, NT and the Quran do not assert such a philosophy.
? Itís been a long time since I was in Sunday school, but the monotheistic God of those books is omnipresent, omniscient, and eternal. Omnipresence gets to all matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
petosiris (12-12-2019)
Unread 12-12-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
? It’s been a long time since I was in Sunday school, but the monotheistic God of those books is omnipresent, omniscient, and eternal. Omnipresence gets to all matter.

But "God" is one, hence monotheistic.

pan∑the∑ism
/ˈpanTHēˌizəm/
noun
noun: pantheism
  1. 1.
    a doctrine which identifies God with the universe, or regards the universe as a manifestation of God.
  2. 2.
    worship that admits or tolerates all gods

Unread 12-12-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
But "God" is one, hence monotheistic.

pan∑the∑ism
/ˈpanTHēˌizəm/
noun
noun: pantheism
  1. 1.
    a doctrine which identifies God with the universe, or regards the universe as a manifestation of God.
  2. 2.
    worship that admits or tolerates all gods
Petosiris might have had a pleasing response, but you ignored him. Personally I see no conflict between monotheism and pantheism.