Will New York City.........

A

Anonymous

Will new york city be hit by a tsunami in the future?

Question was asked on June 2, 2005 at 1:27pm from New York, New York

pwadm

Staff member
I interpret this chart as giving the answer 'No'.

Jupiter represents New York, being the ruler of the 4th house, and it is in its direct station, without any difficult aspects.
Pluto in the 4th house indicates just your concern (call it fear, obsession) over that happening.
Jupiter's antiscion is at 21.03 Pisces. We see Mars at 23.24 Pisces (agression originating from the sea) separating from the conjunction with Jupiter's antiscion (representing NYC), so the specter of a tsunami hitting NYC is fading away.
The Moon's last aspect is a nice sextile with Venus.

So, no, stay cool, it won't happen !

A

Anonymous

Will New York City.....

Are u sure radu? I'm so scared. I can't get it off my mind!

**** discovery channel :x

pwadm

Staff member
I've told you - Pluto in the 4th house of the horary chart shows the "obsession" ... But Jupiter, the 4th house ruler, and which represents NYC is fine... no upcoming afflictions, really.

You are represented by Mercury, which would be fine if it wouldn't be combust by the Sun, ruler of the 12th house (fears of unknown events, uncontrollable situations). This is a important affliction which is said by the ancients that afflicts the querent so much and it might destroy the question.
This combustion takes place in the 9th house (of science) and the sign of Gemini (rules news channels and television). This represents the situation.
But we have to take in account that Mercury is the ruler of Gemini and therefore it disposits the Sun. That's why the combustion cannot be too effective.

Again, don't worry. There will not be any tsunami in NY.

fensi88

Radu said on Sky script forum that he notice that Sabian Symbol of antiscion of any relevant house cusp is very descriptive of what happens in that house.

Antiscion of 4 house cups (NY) is 11 CAP and for that degree the meaning is:

PHEASANTS DISPLAY THEIR BRILLIANT COLORS ON A PRIVATE ESTATE

Luxury. Displays of wealth. Statues and birdbaths. Enjoying the riches the environment offers..

So you have nothing to worry about!

pwadm

Staff member
I would rather say that the Sabian Symbol of the 4th house merely represents New York, as it is. This Sabian Symbol: PHEASANTS DISPLAY THEIR BRILLIANT COLORS ON A PRIVATE ESTATE. is commented by Lynda Hill in her first book as "This pictures a situation of the enjoyment of life's luxuries. Going after one's life goals. Riches, refinement and abundance are everywhere - but just take care, pheasants can be game birds too so there just may be an element of underlying danger. Displays of wealth. Luxury."

The Sabian Symbols merely represent what is going on in a house. For instance the Symbol that describes Atlantic Myst, the person who asked the question, is: Aries 9: A CRYSTAL GAZER. This Symbol is commented by Lynda Hill: The whole picture is there in front of you, but you need to interpret its meaning. With a little concentrated effort, you will be able to see things very clearly. There is the ability to observe things that others may miss. Looking ahead to see the signs. Flashes of inspiration. Try really tuning in and looking within for answers. Creative, inner visualization. Aura readings

I think the Symbols can be best used in "open answer" questions such as "what should I speak about at my conference" or "what is going on in his mind?". In precise questions like this one, the traditional way yields best results.

fensi88

I see, you want to say that Sabian symbol of cusp tells what it is (now) in house, not what it will be. Thanks for explanation this.