11th house in Cancer = shyness? How to overcome?

pabloes

Banned
Hello, just discovered I have Cancer ruling my 11th house. They say that means shyness and trouble making friends. Boy isn’t that true!
Will I become more sociable if I move to a place where my 11th house will be ruled by Gemini (even though my sun will either move to the end of 11th or enter 12th house completely)?

Osamenor

Staff member
That's cookbook astrology. Gregarious people who make friends easily can also have a Cancer eleventh house. For your shyness and difficulty making friends, and possible solutions to that, look to your chart as a whole.

Relocating won't change your birth chart. You'll always be working from that. A different location may emphasize certain areas of your chart more, but if you're shy by nature, you'll remain shy. Relocating somewhere that puts more emphasis on your eleventh house might just put more emphasis on your difficulty making friends.

However, it's possible that you'd have an easier time socially in a different social environment. Maybe a different culture. If you have difficulty making friends in your own culture, you might have an easier time somewhere that the cultural expectations are different and everyone recognizes that you're a foreigner, so they don't expect you to get it right off the bat.