DEMOCRATS WORRIED that Joe BIDEN TOO FEEBLE lacks mental alertness to TAKE ON TRUMP

david starling

Is this a trick question?

It might not surprise you that New Zealand is one of the most liberal countries in the world. After all, New Zealands former colonizer, the UK, and closest ally, Australia are also very liberal. New Zealand was one of the first developed nations to appoint a female head of state.
15 Most Liberal Countries in the World! | Politic-Ed

www.politic-ed.com/2020/08/03/15-most-liberal-countries/

No, blackbery mentioned it quite a while earlier in the year, as a potential option. If Trump hadn't brought up the topic himself recently, I wouldn't have asked.

leomoon

No, blackbery mentioned it quite a while earlier in the year, as a potential option. If Trump hadn't brought up the topic himself recently, I wouldn't have asked.

Wasn't meant to intrude on a conversation, just that I knew for a fact that New Zealand is a very progressive country. I'd like to live there myself, if I were younger., but not with Trump in the country...I don't have enough years to recover from that experience.

leomoon

from The Atlantic Magazine today:

The Fiona Hill reference, reminded me of "Chaos" in the 1960s TV series

"Get Smart" with Chaos the arch-enemy or Russia:

Get Smart (Chaos) segment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW3WWotSW54

Tom and Peter, who are based in London and Washington, D.C., respectively, conducted several dozen interviews with experts in the United States and in Europe, as well as current and former administration officials. Below are three of their takeaways from the past four years of Trumpism:
1. Trump revealed a new world order.
After decades of international adventures that have left the U.S. overstretched, overwhelmed, and overburdened, it was Trump who blurted out the uncomfortable truth: American foreign policy was failing, and had been for decades.

2. His foreign policy remains driven by naïveté …
Time and again, we were struck by the assessment, related by multiple sources in separate meetings, that Trump’s most important characteristic when it came to foreign policy was not what his critics charge—his amorality or vindictiveness, his lack of success or diplomatic vandalism. They said … [it] was his naïveté.

3. … and, practically speaking, empty.
Trump, even as he calls out the American-built world order for its failures, has no coherent plan to replace it, no system that would work better. He isn’t trying to reorder the world; he’s just pointing at the order and calling it naked. Or as [Fiona Hill, Trump’s former senior director on European and Russian affairs at the National Security Council] put it: “He’s a chaos agent.”

Continue reading their piece.

leomoon

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is reportedly considering several Republicans for Cabinet positions in the event he wins the November election, including former Ohio Gov. John Kasich and former Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake.

It isn’t clear what Cabinet positions any of the individuals who were named might occupy. Dent, who frequently clashed with Trump and once proposed legislation to protect Special Counsel Robert Mueller from removal, served as the chairman of an appropriations committee on veterans’ affairs prior to his 2018 resignation from the House. Flake focused mostly on issues related to the federal budget.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden...john-kasich-jeff-flake-for-cabinet-positions/

* Jeff Flake is a moral person who quit rather then be subservient to trumps wishes and demands. He is a popular enough Morman here in Arizona, but seems to take his religion more seriously then many.
Kasich is ok, but rather wishy-washy, imo. Was once the Gov. of Ohio.

Last edited:

blackbery

Hi David, I actually did check out moving to NZ but NO visitors are allowed in due to covid, they have very strict rules because they are isolated & hardly any infections. Very, very few people infected there.
They have cut off tourism so can't move there!

But President Trump's support is even bigger than 2016 so he'll win re-election.

Blackbery, Trump said that if he doesn't win, he might leave the country. Are you still thinking New Zealand, if that should happen?

JUPITERASC

ObamaGate Movie :smile:

With Dean Cain & Kristy Swanson
Co-Produced By The Unreported Story Society

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqi5Cv4OFJg

Hi David, I actually did check out moving to NZ but NO visitors are allowed in due to covid, they have very strict rules because they are isolated & hardly any infections. Very, very few people infected there.
They have cut off tourism so can't move there!
But President Trump's support is even bigger than 2016 so he'll win re-election.

JUPITERASC

35972607_1931814456856781_1324293332532199424_n.jpg

ObamaGate Movie :smile:

With Dean Cain & Kristy Swanson
Co-Produced By The Unreported Story Society

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqi5Cv4OFJg

waybread

You mean the Steve Bannon that Donald Trump fired from his White House job? That Steve Bannon is now peddling demonstrably falsified pseudo-science conspiracy theories about covid-19. He wouldn't have much of a hammer to drop on anybody.

david starling

Pelosi and Trump are ALLIES! They both want a stimulus package to go out by November 1st. The Senate Democrats are on the side of Pelosi and Trump, and the Senate Republicans are AGAINST them.

What's up with THAT???

david starling

Here's my prediction: The Senate Republicans are faking resistance. Trump will pretend to crack the whip and make them pretend to fall in line, showing what a strong leader he is, and how much he cares about poverty-stricken Americans.

If I'm right, expect a stimulus check for November.

david starling

Big debate tonight. There will be a cut-off switch, so the candidates can't interrupt each other. Biden's fine with that, though Trump has expressed his dissatisfaction.

Unless one of them does extremely well, and/or the other does extremely poorly, doesn't this final debate won't make much of a difference.

For Trump, after this, until the Election, it will be ALL about a lowdown, dirty smear campaign against his opponent, and Republican attempts to suppress and discredit the Vote of the People.

Last edited:

david starling

The cutoff switch will prevent some of the broadcast interruptions, but none of Trump's on-stage interruptions.

So, expect Trump to attempt to interfere in-person with whatever Biden is saying whenever possible. Trump's a dirty debater! He's been warned by his debate advisors NOT to come across as a bully--in other words, not to be himself.

Last edited: