How 'true' is Eros/Psyche in synastry?

fullmoonlibra

Eros-Psyche: Eros and Psyche are natural mates. If they are conjunct in synastry, a soul mate connection is indicated. Eros and Psyche were mythical lovers, and were brought together by fate. The story of Eros and Psyche is one of deep and transformative love, but their union was not devoid of hardship. In fact, the two of them had to go through significant lengths just to be together. When this aspect shows up in synastry, the relationship is bound to be significant in both their lives, but their relationship may not always be easy. The many hardships the couple will endure will only draw them closer together. The Psyche person may have dreamed of the Eros person before they even met. The Eros person finds the Psyche beautiful, not only on the outside, but on the inside, as well; Eros loves Psyche for her soul.

How strong and significant is an exact Eros - Psyche conjunction in synastry to talk about a meaningful and lasting relationship?

Lion o ness

I think there still needs to be a lot more going on than that 1 aspect...
Maybe if the conjunction aspects a personal planet to both...

But just the one aspect in general, I wouldn't take it as fact..

I had the exact conjunction with someone, I didn't feel like that at all..
After a few dates we simply parted ways... He was by far no one special to me.
Just someone I went out with a few times... I'm pretty sure, I wasn't special to him either... :whistling:

I have noticed psyche conjunct a personal planet, to be a lot more meaningful.

waybread

I recommend working with the majors before you consider the minors. I do think asteroids have meaning, but sometimes people investigating synastry don't see much in the most important planetary inter-aspects, so they start wondering if asteroids are more important.

Look for, initially:

1. suns sextiled or trined.
2, moons conjunct, sextiled or trined
3, Venus/Mars interaspects
4. Aspects to the ascendants (as in his Venus conjuncts her ascendant)
5. Inter-aspects with the above plus the other personal planets.

Once you map out the relationship basics, you can infill with second-tier asteroids and other horoscope placements.

There is a huge amount of misunderstanding about soul-mates. This is not necessarly a "happy ever-after" romantic relationship. Rather, it is a fast-track to personal growth.

fullmoonlibra

I think there still needs to be a lot more going on than that 1 aspect...
Maybe if the conjunction aspects a personal planet to both...

But just the one aspect in general, I wouldn't take it as fact..

I had the exact conjunction with someone, I didn't feel like that at all..
After a few dates we simply parted ways... He was by far no one special to me.
Just someone I went out with a few times... I'm pretty sure, I wasn't special to him either... :whistling:

I have noticed psyche conjunct a personal planet, to be a lot more meaningful.

And what about psyche exact conjunct to someone's North Node?

DrummerGirl

I have this synastry aspect with someone I'm dating, it's a difficult union IMO we are highly attracted to each other physically but haven't consummated and probably never will due to our Mars/Neptune aspects in synastry and composite charts . Although it may be a "generational" thing perhaps (eros-psyche) if that's possible? Here's a look at our synastry aspects. Just for entertainment purposes :biggrin:

Attachments

• astro_61gw_01_100_anonymous_anonymous_hp.1895.63628.jpg
    astro_61gw_01_100_anonymous_anonymous_hp.1895.63628.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

GeminiGrrl

Is it more or less meaningful when compared with vertex, AC/DC and nodal connections?

On the whole, I think Eros/Psyche is a bit overrated -- like so much else in life, it's wonderful in theory but not so great in practice. Most of what I've read suggests that since the asteroids are minor bodies in comparison with the planets, any aspects involving asteroids should only be considered as having any weight in synastry if they are in very tight orb -- in fact, one source I found suggested that any aspect involving an asteroid at more than one degree is too weak to be worth any attention. Now I ask you -- if this is true, what do you think the chances are of meeting someone whose Eros is exactly conjunct your Psyche or whose Psyche is exactly conjunct your Eros???? (As far as I am aware, only the conjunction is regarded as having any weight in synastry.) I can only speak for myself -- but it seems to me that the odds of that are rather remote.

I think that if you're fortunate enough to have an Eros/Psyche conjunction with your partner in synastry -- especially if there are a lot of other favorable aspects (and a few challenging ones) attracting you to one another -- you should look at it as the cherry on the cake, a nice addition rather than something essential. I don't think Eros/Psyche can by itself do much for a couple who either have a lukewarm synastry or an intensely afflicted synastry, and I don't see its absence as being a reason for concern. I think there are many other aspects with much greater potential to make or break a relationship than Eros/Psyche -- including all the ones you mention.

Last edited:

LUV

MARS + VENUS
PLUTO + VENUS
EROS + PSYCHE

The Result..
LOVEHATEJEALOUSYOBSESSIONSEXXXDESTINY!!!!!

Personal Experience: Astrology WORKS!

1nluv

I have this conjunction with the love of my life within one and a half degrees, and here is my experience of it. We have a mix of other supportive and challenging aspects:

...were brought together by fate.

Yes.

...their union was not devoid of hardship. In fact, the two of them had to go through significant lengths just to be together.
Yes, definitely

The many hardships the couple will endure will only draw them closer together.
Not sure about this one yet.

The Psyche person may have dreamed of the Eros person before they even met.
I'm the Psyche person and yes, I certainly did.

The Eros person finds the Psyche beautiful, not only on the outside, but on the inside, as well; Eros loves Psyche for her soul.
I'm not the Eros person so I can't speak on this but it may be true from his perspective.

lilithontop

Eros-Psyche: Eros and Psyche are natural mates. If they are conjunct in synastry, a soul mate connection is indicated. Eros and Psyche were mythical lovers, and were brought together by fate. The story of Eros and Psyche is one of deep and transformative love, but their union was not devoid of hardship. In fact, the two of them had to go through significant lengths just to be together. When this aspect shows up in synastry, the relationship is bound to be significant in both their lives, but their relationship may not always be easy. The many hardships the couple will endure will only draw them closer together. The Psyche person may have dreamed of the Eros person before they even met. The Eros person finds the Psyche beautiful, not only on the outside, but on the inside, as well; Eros loves Psyche for her soul.

How strong and significant is an exact Eros - Psyche conjunction in synastry to talk about a meaningful and lasting relationship?
what is the degree allowance for this?

1120tau

What about if his eros is in same sign as my psyche but in about 6 degress? Does this count. His eros is also conjuct my mars (2degrrss) and my ascendant (4 degress). Whit this his mars is also in conjuct to my mars (6degres) and my ascendant (3degres). So his nars venus and eros sit right in my 1 house.
How should i interpret this?

lilithontop

What about if his eros is in same sign as my psyche but in about 6 degress? Does this count. His eros is also conjuct my mars (2degrrss) and my ascendant (4 degress). Whit this his mars is also in conjuct to my mars (6degres) and my ascendant (3degres). So his nars venus and eros sit right in my 1 house.
How should i interpret this?

I know the degree allowance is pretty tight for asteroids, so that may be too wide :/ BUT i've read that Mars to Eros is good, sexually, and both can be obsessed with one another, although you may experience the sex as more soulful than he would :)

In the case of his personal love/sex planets in your 1st house:, this would indicate a lot of attraction towards the planet person from your end. He'd essentially represent your ideal partner in looks and sexuality.

1120tau

I know the degree allowance is pretty tight for asteroids, so that may be too wide :/ BUT i've read that Mars to Eros is good, sexually, and both can be obsessed with one another, although you may experience the sex as more soulful than he would :)

In the case of his personal love/sex planets in your 1st house:, this would indicate a lot of attraction towards the planet person from your end. He'd essentially represent your ideal partner in looks and sexuality.
Thank youu.. i do like him buz he is the one who is more assertive and is coming on me super hard hahaah i dont know how to act xD

ChildOfVenus

Honestly I think Venus/Mars aspects are overrated I prefer Venus/Pluto it's more intense but I have Venus in the 8th house. It always depends on the natal charts.

waybread

The trouble with using Pluto is that it is generational. Look at it this way. Everybody in your high school graduating class will have Pluto within the same degree or two. So if you've got Venus at or in aspect to that degree, it's going to take something more to kindle a spark.

Like Venus (the attractant) and Mars (the pursuer.)

ChildOfVenus

The trouble with using Pluto is that it is generational. Look at it this way. Everybody in your high school graduating class will have Pluto within the same degree or two. So if you've got Venus at or in aspect to that degree, it's going to take something more to kindle a spark.

Like Venus (the attractant) and Mars (the pursuer.)

True, but it’s not the same with all of them because the degrees aren’t the same. I have Venus/Pluto with several guys it’s my Pluto. But I only feel intense attraction for one of them. The one where my Pluto is within close orb to their Venus. It depends on the natal charts of each person though I have Venus contra-parallel Pluto in my natal chart. I have no aspects between my Venus and Mars. I’ve had Venus/Mars in synastry and I think it’s overrated. People think you must Venus/Mars in synastry for love. But everyone’s different to some Venus/Pluto is what they need for love. But again I’m Plutonic I like Scorpio and Pluto energy.

Last edited:

Saph

What about....
His Eros conjunct my Psyche 1° in Cancer in my 8H
His NN conjunct my Moon 1° & Vertex exact in Cancer in my 8H
My Eros conjunct his Sun 2° in Aries my 4H
His Psyche conjunct my MC 4° in Virgo
His Reiki conjunct my Psyche exact in Cancer in my 8H
My Pluto conjunct his Saturn 2° in Libra in my 11H
His Chiron conjunct my Chiron exact in Taurus in my 6H
His Jupiter in Scorpio falls in my 12H
His Saturn & Pluto in Libra falls in my 11H
His Mars in Libra falls in my 11H
His Sun in Aries falls on the cusp of my 4th & 5th house but technically 5H
His Moon in Aries falls in my 5H
His Mercury in Pisces falls in my 4H
His Venus in Aquarius falls in my 3H and he has admitted to being in love with how I talk and communicate. Especially when I send him detailed dirty stories I would write just for him. And he's admitted he HATES when I don't talk to him. He's not much of a talker or texter but if I'm not talking or texting he gets sensitive about it (could be just to say I fed the cat and that would be enough to satisfy) I remember one time he said "I don't like when you're sick" I asked why, he said "1.because I'm not there to care for you and 2.you go quite on me"

We met through a broadcasting app. It was a weird time in both our lives. I was living a complete nightmare with my current husband of 17. I have 5 kids (oldest my only son I don't talk about his dad) two oldest daughters by my first husband and two youngest daughters by current. We have lived as roommates pretty much the whole marriage. Not even sleeping in the same bed. There's too much that happened within the past 17 years to go into. We are getting a divorce. On the other side...he has been with this woman about the same amount of time and he said it been like living a complete nightmare. He took on her kids as his own and they have property together. His kids are grown as well as most of mine. So now he's trying to sort out the property and his job that denied him a better position that was told would go to him. Maybe a blessing in the end as I'm sure he'll end up with something even better.

Yes when I was about 12 I dreamed about him. I was shocked when I saw a picture of him at the same age....looked EXACTLY how I saw in my dream.

We met 2018 online and we were inseparable. We broadcasted together and for a few months it was heaven. Then it all fell apart because he allowed his mother and others to persuade him to not only not talk to me but gossip about my past to them. I told him things I had NEVER told anyone else. These other people (who broadcasted with us) went as far as trying to kidnap my oldest daughter. He was not involved but he participated in trying to ruin my reputation. But he still couldn't stand when I would stop talking. He didn't think I knew about what he did but I knew...the whole time I knew.

Fast forward a few years to the present... I completely stopped everything... several months now and focused on myself and this divorce and my kids. He's going through a transformation. Quitting drinking and trying to quit smoking. He's trying to restore my reputation and take accountability. I feel his emotions which is hard to ignore sometimes... especially when he's crying. We live at a distance but it will hit me like a ton of bricks out of nowhere. I'm already an empathic person but as soon as we met it's like I could feel his emotions on steroids. I can taste the cigarette when he smokes and my liver feels swollen when he drinks heavy.

When we first met during those first few months...he said it was like meeting the female version of him but better and he said I'm like a drug that can't be quit. Feels like that for me too.

I feel like he's getting ready to make a huge apology and ask for a second chance. A real chance where neither of us are tied to others. We have not been physical as everything has been online. Which I feel works out better because all the normal problems couples have are being ironed out before sex. Anyhow, I'm not completely innocent in all this. Several times I let my emotions get the better of me and I'm not about revenge...but I have been emotionally manipulative. Honestly I'm grateful for the past 5 years especially because I've gotten to see different aspects of myself and others. I'm better off for it now.

He went and got two tattoos. One is of an angel and devil embracing on his chest to represent us (he said one time I was his angel always watching over him) and the one on his arm is of a woman gagged and bound by rope to represent me (we had a BDSM dynamic).

I have Scorpio ASC, Scorpio BM Lilith 12H, Scorpio Uranus, Scorpio 1st & 12th house, Cancer Moon and Mercury 8H and Gemini Venus 8H, Cancer Psyche 8H, Cancer Vertex 8H, my BM Lilith is conjunct my ASC and Uranus. Scorpio Uranus and Sagittarius Neptune 1H, Gemini Venus and Taurus Mars 7H, Jupiter and Saturn in Libra 10H, Pluto Libra 11H and aspects almost all of my major planets. NN Leo 9H....

I'm ready for the last half of my life to be less chaotic and more enjoyable. And definitely full of healthy love and sex and yummy food ❤️
I meant to say Gemini Sun and Taurus Mars 7H not Venus