Chief Justice Rehnquist Dies as Pluto trines Chiron!

kyle8921

I've heard that PLUTO forming any aspect with CHIRON can bring DEATH!

Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court died on Saturday, September 3.

He was born with Chiron at 22 degrees Aries, with Sagittarius rising.

On September 2nd, Pluto reached 22 degrees Sagittarius, forming (what I think) a Quincunx to his Natal Chiron.

Is this a connection, or am I crazy?

http://www.astrotheme.fr/en/portraits/MR2YZe5nSR64.htm

Draco

Hi Kyle,

If the Chief Justice had Chiron at 22 degrees Aries, and Pluto was at 22 Sagittarius, then Pluto was in a trine aspect with Chiron and not a quincunx.

Trine aspects occur across signs of the same element. This is a Fire trine, might this tell us something about how he died?

Little is known about Chiron, and I wouldn't give him too much emphasis in the chart. It would seem odd he is associated with death, as I thought he represented healing and teaching?

If you are looking at how transitting planets may have been influencing his natal, look to Saturn connections, Saturn is the 'grim reaper'.

Also, look at the IC or 4th house cusp in his chart, which is 'place of the grave' and the 'end of things'. Maybe look to the 8th cusp as well, as this is the place of the lost, unseen and unknowable. What kind of contacts are there to his IC or Saturn/Pluto/Chiron by transitting planets? Which planets rule these cusps and how are they significant? I'm just trying to give you a few more ideas. Perhaps these considerations might bring you to a more detailed insight into the circumstances that surrounded his death?

In traditional astrology, a planet which describes the means of death is termed the 'anareta' meaning, 'death bringer'. There may be more than one anareta in the chart. The anareta may be a malefic planet (Mars or Saturn), the ruler of the 8th or a planet in the 8th house.

A quincunx or inconjunction occurs when one planet is in a next to opposite sign, such as Sun at Aries 1 and Moon at Virgo 1, they would be quincunx or inconjunct. In tradition, inconjunct signs are known as 'non beholding' signs. The planets involved have little to do with each other, and nothing in common as they are in signs of differing gender, element and mode.

Draco :wink:

Draco

Possibly, but what sign does the fourth cusp start in and what planet rules that sign and where is it placed in the chart?

In different circumstances it may be appropriate to look to different houses to look for death circumstances. If a persons drowns for example, you would look to the where the 4th house starts, because this is the bottom of a chart, and drowning is 'going under' and submerging. You always look to the 8th house for death in general though as this is the most important, but you may look to another in consideration of the way in which the person died in support of the 'anaretas'.

Chiron might be significant in the fourth, as the fourth is the underworld and the ancestors and therefore the dead. Chiron is not an anareta however, because it isn't ruler of the 8th or in the 8th house. How do you mean Chiron was in the 4th, was transitting Chiron in his natal 4th or vice versa, or was chiron just in the 4th in general at that time?

How about where the 8th house starts, what sign is that and ruling planet?

Where are Mars and Saturn, Pluto?

Do you have the birth data and the death data? Could you post them up here so I could have a look?

Buai

Chiron...

Hi Draco

With great respect.

There is plenty of knowledge out there about Chiron, and he has become quite a major part of "Our Horoscope".
I feel he does in fact have alot to do with the proccess of death, (the Rainbow Bridge, Chiron, IS the pathway to the other worlds) ESPECIALLY when he is croozing with Pluto.
To me, ALL Planets are connected to ALL of creation, at least within our system, in some manner or another.
NO EVENT can occur outside of the influence of ANYTHING, especially not a Planet. It's just that some have more of a part to play than others.
Even the Moon has a part to play in Death, for eg.
Have you ever focussed on the Moons aspect to your own chart for a day?
It almost directs the whole affair!
...Where is the Moon right now for you?

There is no "pause button" for a Planet (or anything for that matter).
The whole of creation is "Eternal" and at "One", inspite of our insistence it is otherwise. (consequential to our dillema regarding the "Illusion of Duality and Separation")
It comes down to refining perception and awareness - less thoughts (none if possible - meditation/yoga) = deeper perception...and "Being".
Not "Being" "Something, or Someone". Just B E I N G :) quiet, silent.
From that point of Being, one becomes and perceives "All", and that includes...the Planets. (Gods)

See, Chiron isn't ONLY about "healing" etc, as such, he reflects lots of things, including "wounds" and "sickness" - the "Archilles Heal" is a very broad reference to whatever is the most "vulnerable" (in context to his current relationship with other planets...) part of a person or situation.

The trine between the Chief Justices' Chiron and the Tr Pluto "could"
(has to be) to me, be a major player in this mans' death.

Also, Just as there are no "bad or negative" aspects or planets per se. There is NO RULE as to whether a "supportive" planet or an aspect (a trine for eg) "will be positive in influence"...in our eyes :wink:
Sometimes supportive planets allow the "apparently" negative to occur with less resistence, or none.
If "destiny or fate" is at hand, the Gods will prevail, inspite of our resistence.
"We" have zero control over most things, we may have some free will within a "structure", but we don't control the structure itself.
Ie, we can change our approach or attitude about a given thing or person, but we can't neccessarily change "them", or "it"... and to try to, can sometimes be very frustrating and upsetting.

"Death" is not "negative" - it's a valid and very much NEEDED part of life that we should all learn to accept (and even look forward to..!) :p
It's our "fear" that creates the "illusion" that it is "bad" or "sad".
And that attitude to death is responsible for the whole planet living in relative fear, and some using that "concept of death", and "fear", as a tool to control and keep us oppressed collectivley, ie. "powerless".

Sure death is "sad" for those who are left behind, and its occurance re-affirms our "fears" about its inevitability.
However, "IT" is not bad..."IT" is part of life. :wink:

The trine for the Chief Justice in this instance, I feel, "allowed" and "conducted" the free flow of energies that were appropriate for the timing of his imminent death.
It was his time to leave, (Saturn, this material plane) to cross over the (Chiron) "Rainbow Bridge", and be croozing free in the world of light (Uranus) and beyond. Pluto is the energy that "allowed" that transformation to occur.
I have no idea about his chart so I can't make further comment regarding the particulars of his "departure". Good luck to him though!
I bet he is a very happy camper now :D inspite of all the "sadness" his family is probably experiencing about him not being here anymore.
(bit selfish really, but that's human nature for you)

If you have a look at the transits for the timing of some of the terrorist acts, you will be surprised at the "f l o w" of planetary juice.
It gets challenging at that point, coz then one starts to wonder what is "right" and what is "wrong" - or what is in fact "destined"... and what is yet to come. :shock:
To remain as "cool and in love" as possible in the face of all this, is the only real (and best) option we have, anything else is possibly only adding to the confusion?

The "judgement of creation" is relative to a point of view, it can be "good, or bad", depending on who is looking, and from what point of reference.
One mans poison is another man bliss...
Eg, to a junkie, scoring a big bag of "whatever" is really good fortune, however, in the long run it's not all that good, is it? :?

Check Chiron out Draco, you're missing out on some really amazing stuff. ("stuff is good, stuff rox") :lol:

Barbara Hand Clow and Erin Sullivan have both written exellent books about Chiron, and both from very differing points of view.
Ultimately it comes down to us using and observing the "planetoid", and tuning ourselves to be aware of its presence.
Because we don't know about or feel something, doesn't for 1 minute mean it has no influence or importance.
It does mean however, that "we" are not percieving it, or aware of it...yet :wink:

If you look at Chiron at the times you're researching on your "Medical Astrology" thread, you will be blown away at how much he actually features.

Chiron is there at EVERY point. :shock:

Have you got an ephemeris? If you havn't, I suggest you get one.
I know you're only focussing on Pluto and Saturn in that thread, but if you want to get to the "nitty griity" of it, open up to Chiron...
(I plan to post on that thread as soon as I can, but I'm really busy with "stuff" at the moment)

Bom

ps. Keep it up, (and thank you) Draco, you're flying!

...thanks for that kyle8921 :wink:

Buai

Inconjunct...

Ummm, :idea:

"Inconjuncts" are 150 degrees apart.
That aspect does show a connection, thats why there is one...

However, the aspect means, very basically, that the 2 Planets are in need of "AJUSTMENT" relative to the Planets, Signs and Houses involved.

Ironically, traditionally the Inconjunct is related with sickness, or death!

There is a way of discerning the relative effect of an aspect.
Put the slower moving Planet on the Ascendant, and read the position of the placement of the other Planet, relative to the house or cusp it falls in, or on

In the case of the Inconjunct, it falls on either the 8th house cusp, or the 6th house cusp, depending on whether it is an "upper" aspect (waning), or a "lower" (waxing) aspect.

That technique is an amazing tool to deepen the understanding of not only "Aspects", but also the application of aspects to a given chart, natally or otherwise.
:wink:

If that tickles your curiosity check out - "Dynamics Of Aspect Analysis" by Bil Tierney. CRSC Publications, 1980.

Bom

Draco

Kyle,

You are correct. Yes, Pluto is aspecting all the planets you mentioned, semi-sextile with Fortune, inconjunct Venus and Neptune and trine with Chiron. A trine is a major aspect. (Conjunctions, oppositions, trines, squares and sextiles).

Do you have his death data?

Buai,

I think by 'Fortune' he means Part of Fortune.

Kyle,

The Part of Fortune is an 'Arabic Part' and there are many of these parts for many different things. There are parts of death, sickness, love etc. Have a look @ www.noendpress.com/pvachier/arabicparts/index.php

It might be interesting to relate various parts to your own chart and see what you can discover.

Draco :wink:

L

Leila

Hi from Venezuela :D

I see you all can teach me a lot about Quiron, I am carrying a research on this planet becouse I beleive that quiron is the real ruller of scorpious or taurus, but I need to prove it to myself and others.

To do this, a comparative statistic must be carried on, search for repeated events in at least 100 charts of scorpious and tourus people, concentrating in quiron´s place as it would be done with other proven rullers like saturn for example.

If I am right, Quiron will be placed in the 2th or 8th house (taurus / Scorp) in solar/transit/prog. charts when a life changing important event occurs.

Studying from the event to the astrological placement of quiron, should bring out a repeated tendency that could serve as reference for a safer aproach in quiron´s influence and rullership.

One of my problems has been narrowing the questions included in the survey so the events can not be related due to any other planet! The other has been the amount of charts I can handle.

I tried putting a survey in my web, but people just dont like to answer questions, specialy if they relate to personal matters like liabilities and success, and I understand.. Any way, my approach was wrong.

This is a task to be carried with a group of astrologers, becouse a single mind cannot do it. So I invite you all to keep a written record of all your taurus and scorpious clients, friends, family, and even institutions. And if you have any other idea of how to aproach this survey, please share it with everybody.

I know this will be important very soon, as many more astrologers and students are asking what to do with these two "new" planets in our solar system.
We cant just ignore their rulling over any signs, when the other 9 planets do have a rulling over a particular zodiac sign??!! And rullers are crutial for an accurate reading as any astrologer knows.

What do you think?