How accurate is the PENDULUM

retinoid

it was wrong and the tarot was correct...which I figured would happen. Don't trust the pendulum or ouija!

lilithofeden

I have never used a pendulum but have been interested. After tis though I better not. I don't like anything that can attract spirits, I have had bad experiences with the ouija that I am still fearful about so the pendulum is probably a bad idea for me. I have always been interested in tarot though, but I am having a hard time finding the proper deck.

Kannon

I used a pendulum today and asked an array of questions. I asked some serious questions and some prep questions and then asked questions again. The answers were consistent, but how accurate is it? Some answers are things that I was looking for and expected to be true and wanted to be true and other answers were surprises so I am not sure if subconsciously I was affecting the results. Thanks for your help...

A pendulum is as accurate as you are. The subconscious is the vehicle of both subconscious fear and intuition. Intuition and emotions are both feelings and share circuitry. You are always subconsciously affecting even determining the results. With what qualities and do you trust yourself? Centering yourself in an Intent for Truth only and deciding to Trust yourself as you practice and learn will produce better results than dabbling and tossing it aside. Don't start by investing anything in the results.

Sometimes a pendulum made of a particular material will be more effective than other materials for a particular person. For example, the pendulum is not normally a very useful tool for me, giving mixed results of unreliable or not very useful information. However, once I picked up a pendulum in a shop that was made of Moss Agate and it responded very quickly and clearly for me. Moss Agate has turned out to be a very good semi-precious stone for me. I'm wearing a bracelet made of it right now.

See if you can find a stone that enhances intuition. In the Crystal Bible there is an A to Z listing of most stones and crystals. Some that enhance or clarify intuition are: Moss Agate, Aquamarine, Kunzite, Peridot, Pietersite, Sodalite, among many others.

Mark

I like Kannon's response. The one thing I would add is that tools of divination are intended to be used by experienced diviners. A novice will usually obtain tainted results until he or she develops an understanding of how and why these things work. As Kannon said, "You are always subconsciously [effecting], even determining, the results." A well-trained and well-balanced mind can talk to itself with ease and a tool of divination is that method of a mind talking to itself. A novice must develop this ability before the use of a tool can be trusted. In this sense, a divination tool is like any other kind of tool. Any idiot can wield a tool without direction, but it takes a skilled workman to use it as intended. There really is an "art" to divination, so we can't afford to think as if the tool is doing the talking. The whole communication is the diviner's mind talking to itself (and sometimes all the Universe). The ability will come faster once you realise that you can't control it. In fact, it was only your demand to be in control that left you in the dark in the first place. :wink:

jill

My partner has done a lot of dowsing outdoors using divining rods, but again, this is a physiological process of sorts where the rods cross when you come across water or sometimes another object ..... I guess this is a good example of the rods being a direct extension of the mind and what it is focussed on, expressing the natural 6th sense that tells us if something is present or not through the muscles of the body.

I live on 7 acres and had to find our underground water main (in the middle of our pasture) that was put in around ten years ago. The person who put in the pipe said, "I think it was in this general area here...give or take a few feet". Well, being 'a few feet' off is not good when you're needing to dig 4 feet down to find a 2 inch pipe and I didn't want to dig this hole - by hand - and it not be right, so I used two wire coat hangers, bent into 90 degree angles, and dowsed.

I held these and began walking back and forth, across our property (like mowing the yard) - every 15-20 feet - and when the wires crossed together, I marked a line on the ground with spray paint.

After I marked the spots where the 'coat hangers' crossed every 15 feet, I lined up a rope that streatched the entire 500 feet, and every mark that I had made lined up in a straight, perfect row.

I then stood over the mark where I wanted to dig and began 'stepping' in place. I had to visually ask "How many feet down is the water main?"
I stepped one foot, then the other, and the wires un-crossed after 3 steps. Then I narrowed it down to inches. I started at 25 inches and began to step in place...26....27...and so on until it hit 39 inches and the wires un-crossed again. I repeated this again to confirm, and the wires still un-crossed at 39 inches deep. So I began to dig.

After about 4 hours of breaking my back digging this hole, (and praying that it was the right spot), I put in a tape measure and it was approx
36 inches deep, so I knew I was close. A few more shovels and 'bam' I hit the 2 inch PVC water main. I can't tell you how thrilled I was.
That shovel hitting that pipe was like music to my ears. It was exactly where the rods said it would be AND it was exactly 39 inches deep.

I've done this before and it can be accurate, but you have to be specific (and mentally/visually focused) on what you're asking.

You can try it out. Have someone put a quarter under a spread-out blanket on the floor, then visualize the wires crossing when you are directly above the quarter. It takes a little practice on learning how to hold the rods properly and trying to keep your thoughts focused, but it works for me. I find the quarter every time.

- Also

I wanted to comment on ouiji boards, automatic writing, ect...These types of divination can be extremely dangerous to those
not experienced in dealing with the spiritual realm. If you are not able (or don't know how) to protect yourself spiritually while doing these things, you WILL draw into your life entities that you may not want.

There are lower astral beings that feed off the emotional 'energy' of others. They know your thoughts and will tell you things you WANT
to hear - then - they will 'hook' you in. Some of these entities will feed your ego, or play on your fears, in an attempt to gain control of you.
And once they've got you, it's very hard to shake them loose.

I can't express this enough.
It's like knocking on a wall and someone knocks back -
you don't know - who's on the other side.

It could be any one. They will lie and tell you that they're 'of the light' or they're your guardian angel assigned to you by God, or you've been 'chosen' to do great things for humanity - when in reality they are dark, lower entities who will take advantage of your vulnerablities, for the sole purpose of wrecking havock in your life.

Don't become their fool. It's a hard (and a truly scary) lesson to learn.

If you aren't able to discern whether or not spirits are 'of the light', (and they WILL fool you into believing they are)
- I would recommend not going there.

GalacticEgg

I, personally, stick to Tarot and Astrology, although anything occult is only accurate because one convinces oneself it is. Anyway, both Tarot and Astrology are more comprehensive by their nature, and a pendulum is easily manipulated unconsciously by the dowser into "giving optimal results"; not to mention there are those who have legitimately gone crazy using these things, because a pendulum--especially a crystal pendulum--will attract mundane entities if your intentions using it are occult (trying to contact so-called spirits of the dead), and not for self-development. AVOID asking to speak to guardians or angels or whatever, because 9/10 you'll get an awful thing said angel lets by to teach you a lesson! lol

If you choose to dabble with pendulums anyway, I wish you the best of luck, and could you ~please~ post all the freaky stuff that will inevitably happen to you for our amusement? :tongue:

Kannon

I wanted to comment on ouiji boards, automatic writing, ect...These types of divination can be extremely dangerous to those
not experienced in dealing with the spiritual realm. If you are not able (or don't know how) to protect yourself spiritually while doing these things, you WILL draw into your life entities that you may not want.

There are lower astral beings that feed off the emotional 'energy' of others. They know your thoughts and will tell you things you WANT
to hear - then - they will 'hook' you in. Some of these entities will feed your ego, or play on your fears, in an attempt to gain control of you.
And once they've got you, it's very hard to shake them loose.

I can't express this enough.
It's like knocking on a wall and someone knocks back -
you don't know - who's on the other side.

It could be any one. They will lie and tell you that they're 'of the light' or they're your guardian angel assigned to you by God, or you've been 'chosen' to do great things for humanity - when in reality they are dark, lower entities who will take advantage of your vulnerablities, for the sole purpose of wrecking havock in your life.

Don't become their fool. It's a hard (and a truly scary) lesson to learn.

If you aren't able to discern whether or not spirits are 'of the light', (and they WILL fool you into believing they are)
- I would recommend not going there.

What you are describing is the projections of your own subconscious, as others have described the projections of their own subconscious, or "shadow side" (what we deny or are willing to be unaware of within ourselves.)

Automatic writing dangerous? Not even close. Fantasy authors by the millions engage in automatic writing every day all over this planet. There is nothing dangerous about it except what you 'imagine' might be 'out there.'

That is fear. Period. The comments about lower astral beings reading your thoughts is paranoid and false.

I engaged in automatic writing plenty and would probably not have fit the definition of someone 'experienced' with the spiritual realm as defined by mediums or such. It benefited me greatly because my Intent was aligned with Love. Just center yourself in that and make your Intent clear. There is nothing 'out there' to worry about.

There is nothing to 'protect' yourself from if you are aligned with Love and guided by a clear Intent. Nothing. You can be very 'experienced' in the spiritual realm and still not be guided by Love in this way. Hitler was very adept and knowledgeable with the occult. He was not guided by Love. Besides, your argument that you have to be experienced is flawed. How does one gain this experience in the spiritual realm until you experience it?

She asked about the Pendulum, and I don't think spreading fear is helpful. All these things are tools of self-empowerment. If automatic writing or an Ouija (yes/no) board helps her, then I am not one to contradict her or fearmonger her.

Its all about personal empowerment with the understanding that we are interdimensional beings interacting with the multiverse - even when we are not aware of it. There are no more bogey men on the 'other side' than there are here.

Mine your own fears, cast them aside and choose Love. Its like the good book says, "There is no fear in Love, for perfect Love casts out all fear." Do that and you are free to roam fearlessly through the universe. Hold yourself with the dignity of a Divine being. You are. You are only accessing the greater breadth of your own wisdom with any of these tools.

Peace

DiDi

Ive started doing this myself and I will tell you how nieve Ive been incase someone actually does think it works

I use a rose quartz and use a map to see where people are.

It works best when i ask but dont think of an answer and let it do its thing
and I dont ask twice.

Iam physic to a point, usually I touch something and ill get a feeling, its random thou and I dont consider myself a physic but the more I use it the more I open up into that world.

Id like to ask some questions but dont have a board and I dont want to open up or talk to anyone over there as i couldnt work out if they were ligit or not.

1 my question is can you just ask a question and get a answer without help from the otherside?

thanks

retinoid

Ive started doing this myself and I will tell you how nieve Ive been incase someone actually does think it works

I use a rose quartz and use a map to see where people are.

It works best when i ask but dont think of an answer and let it do its thing
and I dont ask twice.

Iam physic to a point, usually I touch something and ill get a feeling, its random thou and I dont consider myself a physic but the more I use it the more I open up into that world.

Id like to ask some questions but dont have a board and I dont want to open up or talk to anyone over there as i couldnt work out if they were ligit or not.

1 my question is can you just ask a question and get a answer without help from the otherside?

thanks

I think the pendulum is a very bad form of divination personally...I however do think it is good when you are speaking to parts of your mind or spirit. But do NOT rely on it for answers to questions, it is totally unreliable. Use horary astrology and tarot for divination...It has proven useful when I spoke to fragments of my mind :)...May be useful in contacting spirits but make sure they don't stick around.

Last edited:

Cascada

Seriously, it depends how clear your mind is. There's no magic behind it; it's simply you, trying to use your subconscious mind to channel the correct answers to certain questions. Clear your mind, don't think.

FarEastUranus

Very reliable in my experience. I use it very sparingly, when I can't make up my mind or get in touch with my true feelings.

It also helps me to get attuned to my decisions, and I can act with assurance and swiftness. So I would say that it's a very reassuring tool.

I believe that our subconscious mind picks up on things that our conscious mind doesn't. With the pendulum, the signals are crystal clear. You just need to know how to frame your questions, as it has to be unequivocal. Before asking for a yes or no, you have to first ask your pendulum if it understands your question, whether it wants to answer the question, in short, to get it to cooperate with you. There is of course a whole ritual of standing in the center of the pyramid and protecting yourself, which I don't really do, unless if I'm seriously disturbed or something.

FarEastUranus

I used a pendulum today and asked an array of questions. I asked some serious questions and some prep questions and then asked questions again. The answers were consistent, but how accurate is it? Some answers are things that I was looking for and expected to be true and wanted to be true and other answers were surprises so I am not sure if subconsciously I was affecting the results. Thanks for your help...

Hi Retinoid, so I see that you started this thread.

Perhaps you would need to learn how to do it properly? I studied with a Swiss medium, and she taught also Tarot and astrology, as far as I know, but I immediately knew that the pendulum was for me. I would hide something in the room and she would be able to find it with her "high-tech" pendulum, which looked like a outer space wiry object and costed something like 300 euros. She also taught me how to do an apartment search with the map of a city - super handy and you can apply this to anything! I use a pendulum that I picked out in Rishikesh using her method (you have to ask the pendulum if it's willing to work with you, if it's apropriate for you, etc, and choose accordingly). Also, she taught me to clean the energy of each pendulum, as well as programming the pendulum to speak a precise language. She always emphasized that if the pendulum and the user cannot use a precise, unequivocal language that both understand, then it undermines the purpose of the pendulum, as it will just be guesswork. Also there are myriad answers that the pendulum can be programmed to give, such as "not enough information (as in some data are missing for a final deliberation)", or "cannot answer (because for some reason, the pendulum does not wish to apply, for example, for lottery number, or the death time of a loved one).

Also, you can ask the pendulum the same questions, but not exactly in the same language. For example, you can say, "Is A in love with B?" And once you have an answer, you should proceed, to be sure, "Is A able to express that love to B." If yes, then you will ask, "Will A express his love to B." If you really want to go on, you can ask, "Will B and A end up together." if yes, but you feel unsure, you may ask, "Will A and B end up together in a long-term romantic relationship?" Notice that they are totally different questions, and the answer may not be the same, so the art is to pay attention to the subtlety of each question and always strive for more precision. Also, there should be no doubt in the person's mind what the question entails and what each of the movement of the pendulum entails. This is why some books say that you must be detached from the situation. For me, it is sufficient to understand the consequence of each of your questions, even if it's very personal, as long as the person is calm, the result will be reliable.

I'm really sorry that you haven't made it work for you, because it's about the single most useful and reliable tool in my experience. Then again, I think having a master to show you the way gives you an enormous amount of confidence, and any doubt was cast aside :lol:

The very first step, beyond what I told you in the divination thread, quoted above, is to make sure that you are foolproof giving all the movements and that each movement is precisely defined. For example, for me, yes, no, positive, negative, no answer, negative effect... are all precisely defined and you have to sit around and practice, "Pendulum give me a yes" and the pendulum has to be able to do that. If your pendulum is giving your movements that you do not understand, you need to understand and program that movement into a precise language. No movement should be un-categorized and left to chance.

Do not proceed if that's not yet the case. You will get nowhere, only a lot of confusion.

Contrary to astrology and tarot, which are the art and science of interpreting symbols, the pendulum and you must have 100% clear communication. A yes is a yes, a no is a no. If you don't practice often, you should have all the movements written down somewhere. If the results are off, you are not doing it right somewhere...

The pendulum is not omniscient. Often times, it would choose "prefer not to answer." Please understand well that message. The pendulum does not lie.

michelle22blue

Hi Retinoid, so I see that you started this thread.

The very first step, beyond what I told you in the divination thread, quoted above, is to make sure that you are foolproof giving all the movements and that each movement is precisely defined. For example, for me, yes, no, positive, negative, no answer, negative effect... are all precisely defined and you have to sit around and practice, "Pendulum give me a yes" and the pendulum has to be able to do that. If your pendulum is giving your movements that you do not understand, you need to understand and program that movement into a precise language. No movement should be un-categorized and left to chance.

Do not proceed if that's not yet the case. You will get nowhere, only a lot of confusion.

Contrary to astrology and tarot, which are the art and science of interpreting symbols, the pendulum and you must have 100% clear communication. A yes is a yes, a no is a no. If you don't practice often, you should have all the movements written down somewhere. If the results are off, you are not doing it right somewhere...

The pendulum is not omniscient. Often times, it would choose "prefer not to answer." Please understand well that message. The pendulum does not lie.

Hi. I was wondering. I'm desperate in need of a pendulum read. I have 4 questions just. Obviously depending on answers of previous 1. Please please help me 😕

tikana

interesting fact.. special forces soviet spetznaz used to use pendulum in afganistan in 1980s esp when they didnt have a solid radio connection. there is a whole documentary on the subject told by former unit members.

Opal

Premium Member
Dowsing is for everyone. We can all channel it. I am trying to learn the feel of it now. So that I can dowse without tools. Tools are so obvious. Sometimes I want to ask things, but I don't want it to be obvious to others that I am dowsing/divining.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
When I started my accuracy was not very good. It has improved. I gave myself a test with it last month. I asked if a relative of mine would be calling me, and when. It picked the date and the time within 10 minutes. The question was asked 3 weeks before the call.