Indications of spiritual awakening

Flowergirl

I am wondering if there are any indicators or aspects in a chart that could indicate a possible spiritual awakening? What do you look for?

With the new age just around the corner there is said to be a mass awakening. But what about the individuals' chart? Are there any indicators for the individual to watch out for?

waybread

You can kind of see in a natal chart whether someone has spiritual or mystical instincts. These might be (but are not restricted to) a loaded 12th or 9th house, and a lot of Neptune and/or Jupiter contacts. You might also look at septiles and noviles: so called minor aspects that divide the chart into aspects of 360/ 7 or 360/9 and their multiples, such as the bi- and tri-septiles. Noviles (aspects of 40 degrees separation and their multiples, excluding trines) seem to be an aspect of initiation. Both aspects seem prominent in the charts of spiritual people, including those who are not religious in a conventional sense.

Mark

There may or may not be indicators of "spiritual awaking," "enlightenment," "initiation," or whatever else you may mean by "spiritual awakening." Okay, there probably are, but that is beside the point. There is only one reliable way for a third party to determine whether or not someone is having a "spiritual awakening" and astrology isn't it. Astrology would be the last tool I would want to use for this! The only ironclad way to determine whether or not someone is experiencing a "spiritual awakening" is by the intuition of someone who is already "awakened" to a greater extent. There is no other reliable way. There probably will be some astrological flags thrown, but don't trust simple indicators for changes of this magnitude! Astrology describes latent possibility. In order to know whether or not that possibility is manifesting, you'll need someone who can see it. This applies to individuals and the world as a whole.

Also, a "mass awakening" doesn't necessarily mean everyone. It includes everyone who is ready to move forward. This has never been the whole world at once. There are always those who don't move forward and remain as hold-overs.

mirthyQ

I have studied both western and vedic (eastern) astrology. From the east, the present incarnation is seen as only one drop in the bucket of many lifetimes. The ultimate goal of each soul is to return to its source - God.

And vedic astrologers who are very good can get a pretty good idea of when a soul starts to be born with karms (planetary positions) that promote enlightment.

The 9th house in vedic astrology takes on great importance. A secondary chart is made by dividing things up by 9, it shows your recent past lives and what you are working towards. The 9th house is the house of Guru/enlightentment.

Originally vedic astrology didn't have access to the outer planets - pluto, neptune, and uranus, so the outer planets were/are saturn and jupiter. It is natural to know that jupiter and saturn aren't so concerned with personal things like the other planets - mars, venus, moon, mercury, and sun. So when saturn and jupiter are together (conjunct) or opposed it shows the soul's impending path towards enlightenment. Or if they are significantly placed. Issues beyond/above the bodily consciousness start finding there way to the forefront. I will give you a direct example - myself.

I have jupiter conjunct saturn (both retrograde) in the 9th house and jupiter again comes up in the 9th house in the 9th chart. People forget that they are choosing their karma to be born into and work through. They think the planets came first, but no their soul's come first. In vedic astrology jupiter with saturn in the 9th is a dead ringer for the soul seeking enlightment. And this has been true for me - however I have been a seeker of enlightentment in an ignorant way and have had delays (retrograde saturn and jupiter?).

I have all kinds of rough planetary placements that on one level I have lived through but I have always had someone in my watchtower overlooking and rising above (jupiter/saturn 9th) what I know is the petty goings on of what most people call normal life - most people think that this is all there is. Know for a fact all souls have to return home so as they are born and born again they will eventually allign the planetary positions up to reflect their enlightentment.

I'm a man and the first time I really opened my heart up to a woman I started having divine experiences - somehow I began sensing myself beyond the body (across the waters) - and I started going into some little ecstacies. It was triggered by the opening of the heart which had been fairly dormant in my case.

All souls are seeking enlightentment in various ways in their charts but they get distracted by the faster more immediate planets that really are only wasting their time in the big picture. Like someone else said look especially close at sag and pisces, neptune and jupiter, and the 9th and 12th houses. Venus in pisces shows a soul who is/has learned to love beyond the personal so this is also a ringer for enlightentment because they are getting closer to universal love which is God. Venus in the 12th, too.

Surprisingly, Aires can be a good sign for seeking enlightentmant because if other energy in the chart is pointing in this direction aires gives a push and focus to it that no other placement can provide. This is especially good for nuns.

waybread

The navamsa chart in vedic astrology would be considered the 9th harmonic chart in western astrology--i.e., "dividing things up by 9." 360/9 gives the novile aspect.

Here is the Dalai Lama's chart. Note the 12th house emphasis and Saturn in the 9th trine Jupiter. In religion, Saturn rules religious leaders. His noviles (a little hard to spot are Jupiter/sun/Ceres, Saturn/AC, Pluto/Uranus, and Moon/Mars. I also input the asteroids of wisdom: Wisdom, Sophia, Odin, and Sapentia.

Attachments

• dalai_lama_xiv_.jpg
    dalai_lama_xiv_.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 73

Flowergirl

I assume the noviles and septiles are not in the tables at the bottom of the chart? Am I right? They are a bit hard to spot... and I can't say I understand them... yet. But I'll try. :wink: Thanks for putting up a chart as example. It sure helps...

waybread

They are not available on the Astrodienst free charts, but some of the astrology softwear programs out there allow you to show them with aspect lines plotted, and so on. Usually I find doing a harmonic chart (which you can do for free at Astrodienst) is just as easy--find the conjunctions in the harmonic of interest (7H, 9H, or whatever) and unless they are close conjunctions in the natal chart, these conjunctions in the harmonic chart show that you've got the aspects in question.

Here is Mother Teresa's chart: see what you make of it!

Attachments

• mother_teresa.jpg
    mother_teresa.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Skillcoil

I somewhat disagree with the 9th house relating to spirituality. I've met several 9th house people and they weren't spiritual at all, kind of disappointing actually. Also water signs get lots of credit for being spiritual, I haven't seen that being accurate either. I would like to learn more about spirituality in astrology, but I think the few indicators its associated with limit it. Can't anyone be spiritual? Maybe they just have a different way of going about it, and that could show in a chart. I just don't see the hype around the 9th house/water signs in astrology relating to spirituality.

I have North Node in Pisces, first house. I've been told it means that I'm not a spiritual person and need to learn it in this lifetime, which is ridiculous because I've always been a spiritual person, particularly in an internal way.

Maybe spirituality is beyond astrology, although I would consider Neptune, Pluto, and Jupiter in particular to relate to spiritual awakenings. I've read mass events involve Pluto, also the eleventh house.

Last edited:

HeyPlayGirl

the two most spiritual people i know have stelliums in their 8th house. not sure what to make of that

also i think merc conj neptune can also be an indicator

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

I somewhat disagree with the 9th house relating to spirituality. I've met several 9th house people and they weren't spiritual at all, kind of disappointing actually. Also water signs get lots of credit for being spiritual, I haven't seen that being accurate either. I would like to learn more about spirituality in astrology, but I think the few indicators its associated with limit it. Can't anyone be spiritual? Maybe they just have a different way of going about it, and that could show in a chart. I just don't see the hype around the 9th house/water signs in astrology relating to spirituality.

I have North Node in Pisces, first house. I've been told it means that I'm not a spiritual person and need to learn it in this lifetime, which is ridiculous because I've always been a spiritual person, particularly in an internal way.

Maybe spirituality is beyond astrology, although I would consider Neptune, Pluto, and Jupiter in particular to relate to spiritual awakenings. I've read mass events involve Pluto, also the eleventh house.

NN in pisces can resemble NN in the 12th Ive heard. I have NN in Taurus in the 12th and Ive heard it means some kind of spiritual awakening, which I also think goes for Pisces right??

I also think maybe the 8th house, planets here and their connections to personal planets perhaps.

Aspects from Neptune and Pluto to personal planets speaks of some "soul connection" Ive also heard. Maybe Uranus too?? And maybe Jupiter.... Im not 100% sure.

When these planets connect to Sun/Moon/Mercury especially I think you can reach far down in your soul/subconscious mind or what one may call it.

mirthyQ

Ya and maybe the sun will not rise and there won't be any tides either. Yes astrology at times seems like alot of generalizations but there are patterns and tendencies. I too hate when people try pigeon hole whether a person is spiritually inclined or not.

What would happen if the soul that is now the Dali Llama incarnated into the situation you are in, ie he was born into your family at your time and place of birth? Obviously that soul with that karma (whatever it be) would start returning to God.

The trump card in this matter is always going to be the will. If the will is mighty the stars will have to cooperate. The creator or the creation? - whether it be over several lifetimes or whether it be in one lifetime.

Last edited:

Kuntuzangmo

the two most spiritual people i know have stelliums in their 8th house. not sure what to make of that

also i think merc conj neptune can also be an indicator

The 8th house has death as a major issue. So if you consider that death takes many forms in addition to the mundane death of the body we usually think of: ie. death of ego clinging, death of conventional pursuits, death of a 'self' centric world view etc....
So therefore it seems to me the 8th house could easily show a person's spiritual reflection.

That said, life, path, karma, realization and confusion are so vast and impossible for anyone but a fully enlightened being to really know....I think it's really hard to try to pin down in any manner what would or would not indicate a realized being in an astrological chart. It's between that being and their enlightened mind. And as someone said, usually only another realized being can recognize it.....and maybe not always.

Last edited:

Olivia

9th house in what sense? Sun in 9 is in its joy, but if it's not well-dignified, it may not produce much in the way of spirituality, though it may produce a sense of self-importance. Mars or Saturn in 9 could go dogmatic or materialist, either way. I've seen debilitated Jupiter in 9 go towards cultism - the weird and harmful stuff.

If I were going to do this by astrology, I'd look at the 9/3 axis, as well as 11 (how you apply what you've learnt in 9), with 3 being the day-to-day religious practise.

But mostly spiritual awakening - if that's the term one would even use - is seen in actions, not in charts. Is someone becoming a better, more compassionate person? If so, we can probably assume they're on the right track. If not, all the astrology in the world won't make up for it.

Skillcoil

Ya and maybe the sun will not rise and there won't be any tides either. Yes astrology at times seems like alot of generalizations but there are patterns and tendencies. I too hate when people try pigeon hole whether a person is spiritually inclined or not.

There are patterns and tendencies, but I wouldn't consider one house "spiritually better" than another.

What would happen if the soul that is now the Dali Llama incarnated into the situation you are in, ie he was born into your family at your time and place of birth? Obviously that soul with that karma (whatever it be) would start returning to God.

How is someones soul development obvious to you?

The trump card in this matter is always going to be the will. If the will is mighty the stars will have to cooperate. The creator or the creation? - whether it be over several lifetimes or whether it be in one lifetime.

Then maybe we could make it so the sun won't rise and the tides will be gone. :lol:

Skillcoil

NN in pisces can resemble NN in the 12th Ive heard. I have NN in Taurus in the 12th and Ive heard it means some kind of spiritual awakening, which I also think goes for Pisces right??

I also think maybe the 8th house, planets here and their connections to personal planets perhaps.

Aspects from Neptune and Pluto to personal planets speaks of some "soul connection" Ive also heard. Maybe Uranus too?? And maybe Jupiter.... Im not 100% sure.

When these planets connect to Sun/Moon/Mercury especially I think you can reach far down in your soul/subconscious mind or what one may call it.

I think it could relate to spiritual awakenings. I agree the 8th house could also relate to spirituality, and aspects from the outer to pesonal planets.

Skillcoil

Olivia, I've seen a Leo Sun in the 9th house, that would be considered dignified I think, but this person wasn't spiritual. The closest to those who I knew with 9th house planets and were "spiritual" at the same time were very dogmatic about it.

I agree with the rest of your comment. :)

Mark

Another thing to remember is that no one is the same person for the duration of their entire lives. People begin in one place and then travel to another. As was a worry of the ancient Greeks, you can't really judge something until you've seen the whole of it. If it looks like someone is going down the "wrong path," does that mean they will never find the right path? In fact, it may be that "wrong path" that drives them into walking the right path. If that might be true, then how could it be the "wrong path" in the first place? One should never assume what a spiritual path will look like for another. Most of the time, we can't even judge our own paths all that well.

You might think that mundane people who don't care about spiritual development would go through and do the most horrible of all stuff. If you think that's true, you obviously haven't seen what seekers will do before they've matured.

The righteous are not guiltless in the deeds of the wicked.
-Kahlil Gibran

Olivia

Mark, I was speaking of those folks who point to their charts as the pinnacle of spiritual 'evolution' or whatever they call it these days - but act totally opposite.