Is someone dropping dead the only way I can make money?

Also, does an empty 5th house mean zero/little luck when it comes to gambling? Any insights appreciated!

Attachments

• astro_24gw_hitomi_201942_hw.12323.67262.jpg
    astro_24gw_hitomi_201942_hw.12323.67262.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 32

waybread

The 8th house rules inheritances, but it also rules money that you share in some way, such as the proceeds from a marriage or investments like bonds and mutual funds.

The ruler of your 5th house in the 8th is not brilliant for gambling. You might do OK with a shared situation, such as purchasing a lottery ticket jointly with some friends.

Your best bet might be to learn how to invest money wisely.

Inheritances and gambling usually are not a good ways to sustain wealth; because people who come into sudden windfalls usually haven't learned to manage their money wisely. They are apt to spend it rather than save it.

Thanks, waybread! I read somewhere that mutual funds might indeed be a good option for me, so I'm considering that idea more now :)

That said, I totally agree that it's not smart to rely on inheritances and gambling. Thank you for the reminder :)

waybread

Thanks, waybread! I read somewhere that mutual funds might indeed be a good option for me, so I'm considering that idea more now :)

That said, I totally agree that it's not smart to rely on inheritances and gambling. Thank you for the reminder :)

Look at the house of the ruler of your fifth house of gambling. With the ruler of my 5th house in the 12th house (and with Saturn sitting there, as well) I don't gamble.

You can view it as a form of light recreation if you wish, and stake only small amounts that you can easily afford to lose, but I don't see it as a money-maker for you.

I don't know who you think might die and leave you an inheritance, but this is not a brilliant way to make money. Usually someone you love and care about has to die for this to happen.

Then most people who get a sudden windfall through a lottery win or inheritance have no idea how to manage money sensibly, so it quickly gets away from them. This gets us back to safe investments.

I don't know who you think might die and leave you an inheritance, but this is not a brilliant way to make money. Usually someone you love and care about has to die for this to happen.

Agreed. I'm wondering if a sudden death in the family will happen when transit Uranus conjuncts with my natal Jupiter in 8th house. That's set to happen in 2031 based on my calculations :(

waybread

I doubt it.

If this were an accurate predictor of death, the life insurance industry and actuarial scientists would be all over it. Even if someone in your family dies when this happens, you can't count on them leaving you a bundle of money. That's 12 years from now, anyway. You probably want a secure income stream before then.