Algol's oddity

The_Saturnian

I just read that Algol is said to be the most "evil" star in the firmament. From the literature I read it said Algol is associated with sexual energy and revenge, both of which are totally Scorpio traits no doubt you'll agree. I find it a bit strange for it to be in the Taurus constellation. This bugged so much that I decided to create a new thread about Algol and see what came back.

Anyone agree/disagree or care to share some light on the matter?

JUPITERASC

I just read that Algol is said to be the most "evil" star in the firmament. From the literature I read it said Algol is associated with sexual energy and revenge, both of which are totally Scorpio traits no doubt you'll agree. I find it a bit strange for it to be in the Taurus constellation. This bugged so much that I decided to create a new thread about Algol and see what came back.

Anyone agree/disagree or care to share some light on the matter?
DETAILED INFORMATION
RE: ALGOL
http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm

People astrologically influenced by Algol :smile:

Pablo Picasso
Salvador Dali
Van Gogh
Albert Einstein
Karl Abraham psychoanalyst
Carl Jung
Ramakrishna Indian saint)
Muktananda Indian mystic
Werner Erhard (guru "est")
Marshall Applewhite and Luc Jouret (cult leaders, led to mass suicides)
Al Gore - the name is close
Billy Joel
Glen Campbell
Liberace
Princess Diana
Prince William
Princess Caroline of Monaco
Anita Bryant (against gays)
Zola Budd (runner)
Manly Palmer Hall philosophical research
Aleister Crowley Satanist, occultist
Erica Jong author
Mary Jo Kopechne (drowned companion of Ted Kennedy)
John Lennon
Ringo Starr
Dean Martin
Ryan O'Neil
Josef Stalin
Pat Schroeder
Carl Sagan
Cecil B. De Mille film producer
Isadora Duncan
Mata Hari Spy
George Bernard Shaw
Oscar Wilde
Michael Caine
Henry Fonda
Ruhollah Khomeini Iranian leader
Stephen King horror novels

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I've never heard anything like that before regarding Algol's significations. I tend to refer to Diana Rosenburg when it comes to issues of fixed stars and the running theme with Algol is basically "violence and people who deal with it". Unfortunately it's a pretty wide theme to consider as it covers criminals, their victims, and sort of the entirety of the police, medical, and journalist fields.

Algol isn't in Taurus, it's in Perseus, more specifically it's the eye of Medusa in that constellation. It's just that this constellation (well, at least this part of it) happens to fall within the Sign of Taurus.

Mandy

From the literature I read it said Algol is associated with sexual energy and revenge, both of which are totally Scorpio traits no doubt you'll agree.

[deleted attacking comment - Modeerator] Please do not discriminate against Scorpios. It is bad practice. As is calling all men moronic, kind of thing. You might use terms such as (metaphorical)death, loyal, suspicious, fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Saturnian

I've never heard anything like that before regarding Algol's significations. I tend to refer to Diana Rosenburg when it comes to issues of fixed stars and the running theme with Algol is basically "violence and people who deal with it". Unfortunately it's a pretty wide theme to consider as it covers criminals, their victims, and sort of the entirety of the police, medical, and journalist fields.

Algol isn't in Taurus, it's in Perseus, more specifically it's the eye of Medusa in that constellation. It's just that this constellation (well, at least this part of it) happens to fall within the Sign of Taurus.

Yes you are correct it is in Perseus not Taurus.

nemesis

As mentioned Scorpio is not the only sign that relates to "sexual energy and revenge" and Taurus actually very much relates to both these traits.
Being the opposite of Scorpio, it manifests in different ways but opposite signs have more in common than some might think.

I also think the word "evil" is used too often people see darkness and automatically think "evil". Which I disagree with...

The_Saturnian

As mentioned Scorpio is not the only sign that relates to "sexual energy and revenge" and Taurus actually very much relates to both these traits.
Being the opposite of Scorpio, it manifests in different ways but opposite signs have more in common than some might think.

I also think the word "evil" is used too often people see darkness and automatically think "evil". Which I disagree with...

Comes to think about your point, Scorpio like Taurus can manage monetary matters quite well. So yes I see your point about opposite signs casting their shadows on each other.

nemesis

Comes to think about your point, Scorpio like Taurus can manage monetary matters quite well. So yes I see your point about opposite signs casting their shadows on each other.

That is also true and a good way to look at it :)

Being a Taurus Asc. I know the dualities of these two signs quite well heh.

E

eternalautumn

I don't know much about the Lots, so I can't really answer but I'm just wondering have you had an unusual amount of negative experiences involving Tauruses or what Algol itself symbolizes?

No and no. I'm assuming I'll suffer an excruciating death or something equally pleasant.

nemesis

How are you finding your Gemini experience?

I've had my Asc progressed to Gemini for some years now so it's pretty much normal for me :p
I'm probably more talkative because of it and maybe a little more intellectual. Given the air influence that is and probably a bit more unpredictable too lol.

The_Saturnian

I've had my Asc progressed to Gemini for some years now so it's pretty much normal for me :p
I'm probably more talkative because of it and maybe a little more intellectual. Given the air influence that is and probably a bit more unpredictable too lol.

Are there any fixed stars near/on and around your ascendant/progressed ascendant? Sorry for the questions, just doing research work.